Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

~Waiting to Do Something~

2»

Re: ~Waiting to Do Something~

• Options
    Yeah, I just discovered the WTO thread :) didn't mean to stick my nose in the wrong one. But I'm happy to join you all once I'm there :)
  • Options
    Yeah, I just discovered the WTO thread :) didn't mean to stick my nose in the wrong one. But I'm happy to join you all once I'm there :)
    Hey, no worries.  It's not too much about sticking your nose in the wrong thread, just that we won't progress as cyclically as you and that could be A) boring for you and B) sad for those of us that wish we were cycling, too. :)  I hope you never have to come back, but you're welcome if you do!
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

#iStandWithTheMods #Solidarity
    TTGP Acronyms/Newbie Blog
    “I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeaa!!!! Congrat's @ajoywilkey‌
  • Options
    @ajoywilkey‌ I understand that feel, lady! Congrats and fingers crossed our cycles are calming the fuck down!
    Please note that due to the actions of TheBump and their parent company, XO Corporation, I no longer feel safe or comfortable posting regularly on this forum for my pregnancy journey.

If you would like to seek a community of women that can help you at any stage of your journey, please consider joining us at [OUR NEW HOME].

“I want people to like what I do, but, at the bottom line, fuck ‘em if they don’t.” - Craig Ferguson
  • Options
    Congrats on the period @ajoywilkey‌ That's so exciting!!! Since this thread is alive today - I just need to vent. Two of my best friends told me they're pregnant this week (I'm ecstatic!). One wasn't trying and the other was her first cycle TTC. All this is making me want to start 2nd round of Provera today on CD43 instead of waiting for CD60. CALM DOWN SELF. /vent
    Hugs, @britterrss13.  I get that.  I completely, totally get that.

• Options
    @britterrss13‌ I get that times a million! my bff just gave birth today and I'm thrilled for her but jealous at the same time:/ annndddd we went to toys r us today and the kids and families were swarming and My husband and I just starred at them with envy, It'll happen some day for us I just wish it was sooner rather then later!
  • Options

((Cough))*the-only-thread-in-ttgp-that-gets-excited-for-periods*

Lol

I was excited for a total of 5 min then the cramps kicked in and I'm like "I wished for this?!?" Haha living the dream:)
  • Options
    Haven't posted much, but I have been lurking the past few weeks. Decided to join in, if thats okay :) I went off BC beginning of October, so this is all really new still.
    1. Cycle/month: 1/1
    2. CD: 38
    3. Medicated? Nope
    4. What are you doing this cycle? This is my first cycle TTC. Lots of learning! I am pretty sure at this point I am not pregnant, but my cycle is late I guess because of going off BC. Really excited to try to better track everything next cycle.
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! I am moving in two weeks out of the apartment and into a house, so that is so exciting. Big step for husband and me. And for pissing me off? I guess the whole confusion and uncertainty of this whole process. I have been reading and learning a lot. Never realized how much could go into getting pregnant. 
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts?  What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? I love to get my husband gifts. Or people I know really well, because I take a lot of pride in getting good gifts. The best gift I ever gave was to my husband. He is an aspiring writer, and I got an online company to make a print copy of his first novel he finished (not published yet). It was the first time he had his work in real book form. He loved it so much :)
    Me: 23 DH: 23
    Married: Jan 2014
    TTC #1: Oct 2014

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    @britterrss13‌ - your optimism is gorgeous.

((hugs)) for everyone.
  • Options
    Got dotted CH. This is annoying.
  • Options
    lazyreaderlazyreader member
    edited November 2014

Got dotted CH. This is annoying.

They just showed up on my chart too... I got a pos OPK this morning after the BFN. I don't know what any of this means.
    Sarge. Slow. down. You're breastfeeding + have had no pp period. This means that you have not ovulated. At all. (Unless you have in the last few days)

If you had, you would've gotten a period probably 7-10 days after or a BFP (10-16days for normal cycles). And the farther away from birth, the more likely your cycles would just continue "monthly"

Also note- your LP if and when you do O could be shorter at first since you still feed pretty frequently (no STTN). Typical for many BFers but by no means absolute.

So IMO I'd stop peeing on things until you have a reason too. Such as: fertile CM, high open CP, and enough temps (2+ weeks) to know what your current range is. Then you could start with OPKs but understand it could take a while while still BFing frequently.
  • Options
    More that I forgot - if you are charting you can enter your + OPK (and neg test) and it will take those into account for your cycle.

If you did get a solid dark OPK (light/squinters are not +) then according to the newbie blog you should surge in the next 12-24ish hours. It only detects a surge though and only tracking temps will confirm if you did or did not O.
  • Options
    @MamaSargeToBe‌ - it's a lot to type on mobile. Fertility friend has some articles that mention how breastfeeding affects your CM and temps. I started my research there.
  • Options

@lazyreader‌ gotcha. I have done some reading over there and am getting the daily educational emails from signing up. My friend that I mentioned above said she couldn't temp bc of the sleep issue -- they also cosleep and she still nurses her toddler too, so we have a lot in common on that front.

I get excited and stuck on things and need all the answers ASAP if you can't tell.

I get that for sure. ;)
    Google:
    > breastfeeding and cervical mucus
    > breastfeeding and BBT
    > breastfeeding leutal phase
    > postpartum period returning
    > ovulation while breastfeeding

That should get you information more suited to your situation than the standard FF emails.
  • Options
    Can I join? I think I qualify, unfortunately!
    Cycle/month: 4/9
    2. CD:40
    3. Medicated? Nope
    4. What are you doing this cycle? We aren't doing anything out of the norm. Just wishful thinking about periods and babies.
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! The fact that when we were trying to have our first I was fertile mertill(sp?) and now when we decided on #2 my body decided to go crazy and not do anything.
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts?  What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? I love giving gifts! My mom had been wanting a dvd player that streamed netflix and all the jazz... anyway when she got it in the mail you would have thought it was a million dollars. haha

• Options
    heysupnatalieheysupnatalie member
    edited November 2014
    1. Cycle/month: 2nd cycle/2.5 months
    2. CD: 23 (usually about 32-36 days normally)
    3. Medicated? Not yet
    4. What are you doing this cycle? We are just kinda getting into the groove of things. Had a chemical pregnancy last month so I'm hoping for better luck.
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! This weather here is a mindfuck. it's freezing one day and the next it's in the high 50's so my sinuses are going crazy. my husband is driving me batty and work sucks. I want out but if I go anywhere I've gotta get in quick before i successfully get KU since no one will hire a pregnant girl who is leaving quickly.
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts? What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it? I love giving gifts. My most memorable one was when I was getting married and I had cuff links made for my DH with the logo for the dead milkmen on them. It was the one thing we bonded over when we first met. :)

Edited for dates.
  • Options
    Thought I would post here as I have not been posting on the WTO or TWW boards because I never know where I am and just feel like I do not fit there.  Who would ever think that we would be hoping to have periods more often then we are!

1. Cycle/month: 5/10ish  (we were NTNP for the first cycle which was over 2 months long so H does not count that but I kinda do)
    2. CD: 15
    3. Medicated? Nope
    4. What are you doing this cycle? I hope to have lots of sex!
    5. What's been going on?/What is pissing you off?! So last cycle was 58 days and we had like no sex around when I think I ovulated so it was a super long waste of time because hubby was just too tired when it mattered..... not pleased!  I have hit that point this last cycle where I am getting jealous of other pregnant women even tho I know that is irrational.  Also never had a clear positive OPK or FF line for 4 months now.
    6. GTKY: Do you enjoy giving others gifts?  What is the most memorable/favorite gift you've given and to whom did you give it?  I love giving gifts.  I am good at it for a few people and really struggle with others!

Question for you all.  When did you decide to go see a doctor if you have?  Why did you decide to go?  Was it because cycle was too long, no signs of ovulation, waited your 12 months of trying?  Just trying to decide if I should be taking this to the next level and get a doc involved or if I am just getting impatient.

PS went with the original questions as I was not sure if I could be a part of the others.
  • Options
    @jlo629‌ -pretty sure the newbie blog answers this... 60 days no period = OB, 12 months of regular sex = RE. Someone else please confirm
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies.  I know the 60 day rule as far as getting meds and 12 months before seeing a RE but I was just wondering if you all had done that or if you saw a doc sooner as a result of the very long cycles or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"