September 2012 Moms
Options

Effing Monday

Re: Effing Monday

• Options
    BobKat22 said:

The city I live in just got a float therapy place. I want to try it. It seems so relaxing. I'm pretty sure I would fall asleep every time. I've never heard of this before this week. Has anyone else?

https://youtu.be/19uq8QQrMvc

I don't understand. You float in water? Is it deep? Could you drown if you fall asleep? Couldn't you just do this in a bathtub? So many questions!

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sorry THT. I just have a copay so it's not that terrible. :( not sure what else you could do to get some relief. I have heard ice at the base of your back for 15 min 2x a day helps with siatica pain. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just called Zulily for the first time ever. I ordered some Thomas the Trains for DS for Christmas on October 7. Yesterday it dawned on me I didn't get them yet. Ship date was supposed to be October 27. Still haven't shipped. The guy on the other end was very nice and gave me a $10 credit which was appreciated. It was nice to talk to someone in customer service who genuinely sounded like he cared.

DS and DH came to visit me today for lunch. DS was in such a wonderful mood. I got about a million random kisses and hugs. Totally made my day.

• Options
    Sorry THT. I just have a copay so it's not that terrible. :( not sure what else you could do to get some relief. I have heard ice at the base of your back for 15 min 2x a day helps with siatica pain. 
    Thanks, I am just being stingy :-< We already hit our deductible, but we still pay 20% up to $8k.  If the doc says I should go get adjusted, then perhaps I need to not buy a new bed.  :((  I hope she has some tips for me that don't involve seeing someone.  I hate to spend so much money on healthcare this year when I know I'll be getting hit for max OOP in February.

I am a miserable beast of a person when I'm pregnant.  No wonder DH doesn't want to have a third kid.  I'm radiating bad vibes all around me.  EEK
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @bobkat22 how much is it?  I think it would be relaxing.  I wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks though and I bet it's way more.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    The christmas pjs I wanted for G from HA are now sold out. Finally convinced myself to splurge on them and they are sold out :( 

I can't find other's I like. 
  • Options
    I shouldn't buy myself something for Christmas and then have DH pay the bill right?  Kohl's has the heated mattress pad I want on sale for only $100, then I have a 30% off and a $10 off birthday coupon.  It would be $65 for a king size heated mattress pad.

I know it's stupid since we don't have joint money, but I H A T E that he doesn't shop with coupons or sales.  Especially if he goes to Kohl's.  EVERYTHING IS ON SALE THERE ALL THE TIME!  You have to literally search for something not on sale, and he finds it every time.  

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    The christmas pjs I wanted for G from HA are now sold out. Finally convinced myself to splurge on them and they are sold out :( 

Other places sell HA, have you looked around? What pattern are you looking for?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    PokedotPokedot member
    edited November 2014
    I shouldn't buy myself something for Christmas and then have DH pay the bill right?  Kohl's has the heated mattress pad I want on sale for only $100, then I have a 30% off and a $10 off birthday coupon.  It would be $65 for a king size heated mattress pad.

I know it's stupid since we don't have joint money, but I H A T E that he doesn't shop with coupons or sales.  Especially if he goes to Kohl's.  EVERYTHING IS ON SALE THERE ALL THE TIME!  You have to literally search for something not on sale, and he finds it every time.  

I literally just sold my heated mattress pad I got from Kohls last week! It was the Biddeford one. Worked awesome! I sold mine for $50.

ETA: Just saw King, we have a queen.

• Options

We have a HA store that I will be at today and Thursday, if you tell me what you need I can check for you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @dimples12 It is so freaking expensive :(  We seem to be in a similar boat

In addition to our insane monthly premium, Winn cost us $9k w/ a $4k ded and max OOP $8k.  Some of the 'freebies' the hospital staff tacked on, like the hand breast pump that I didn't need but they told me to take..... ended up not being covered at all.  That $30 hand pump was billed at $90 and we had to pay cash, along with other bologna like that :(  I will be refusing everything this time, except the epidural :p

• Options
    I really like these. I believe they are gender neutral as well so I could even save them. Or resell. 

Then I found these and I like these as well

• Options
    This morning sucked. On my way to Abby's one month appointment, she basically started choking, turning a reddish funny color and then was silent. I freaked out since I was by myself and pulled the car over, pulled her out of her seat and started whacking her on the back while holding her face down. This is what the nurses told me to do the first day in the hospital, so I did it. She was ok, but someone saw us and called 911. So, an ambulance, fire engine and state trooper all showed up in under two minutes...lots of baby drama.

Then we went to get her reflux medicine and it wasn't ready again. We've been waiting three days for it.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• Options
    @redneckmomma25 I love the second ones!

• Options
    Eastie156 said:
    This morning sucked. On my way to Abby's one month appointment, she basically started choking, turning a reddish funny color and then was silent. I freaked out since I was by myself and pulled the car over, pulled her out of her seat and started whacking her on the back while holding her face down. This is what the nurses told me to do the first day in the hospital, so I did it. She was ok, but someone saw us and called 911. So, an ambulance, fire engine and state trooper all showed up in under two minutes...lots of baby drama. Then we went to get her reflux medicine and it wasn't ready again. We've been waiting three days for it.

OMG, how scary!
  • Options
    Eastie156 said:

This morning sucked. On my way to Abby's one month appointment, she basically started choking, turning a reddish funny color and then was silent. I freaked out since I was by myself and pulled the car over, pulled her out of her seat and started whacking her on the back while holding her face down. This is what the nurses told me to do the first day in the hospital, so I did it. She was ok, but someone saw us and called 911. So, an ambulance, fire engine and state trooper all showed up in under two minutes...lots of baby drama.

Then we went to get her reflux medicine and it wasn't ready again. We've been waiting three days for it.

That's so scary! I'm glad she's all right! Any idea what happened?

Anniversary

• Options
    Eastie156 said:
    This morning sucked. On my way to Abby's one month appointment, she basically started choking, turning a reddish funny color and then was silent. I freaked out since I was by myself and pulled the car over, pulled her out of her seat and started whacking her on the back while holding her face down. This is what the nurses told me to do the first day in the hospital, so I did it. She was ok, but someone saw us and called 911. So, an ambulance, fire engine and state trooper all showed up in under two minutes...lots of baby drama. Then we went to get her reflux medicine and it wasn't ready again. We've been waiting three days for it.

Oh my gosh! How terrifying!! Glad she was ok and I hope it never happens again!!!
                         Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MrsKipper said:

Eastie156 said:

@MrsKipper‌ she has really bad reflux, but also has been incredibly snotty for a few days. My guess is it was a combo of both. She's apparently one of those babies that holds their breath. It's really nerve wracking.

• Options
    I finally finished sorting all G's clothes up to 24mo. I started listing stuff for sale. No one is biting. I'm getting pissed. I don't have time to make all these posts on all the different fb sites in our area. I still need to list them on Craigslist. I'd really like to recoup some money. Not even asking a lot. I gave away 4 garbage bags to people 2 to donation and saved some to sell. Crazy. Today is the first day in over a month I've woken with no SI joint pain! I'll see the chiro weekly now. Hopefully that will continue to help.
    Do you have any local children's consignment stores @redneckmomma25? I never have the patience to list everything separately, so I just wash everything and drop it at consignment, then I get a check two months later, or I can use the credit as soon as it posts to buy something else.

• Options
    @eastie156 OH MY GOSH!  I am so glad you are both okay!  My breathing feels tight just thinking about it.  Good for you for knowing what to do. 

• Options
    Pokedot said:

I literally just sold my heated mattress pad I got from Kohls last week! It was the Biddeford one. Worked awesome! I sold mine for $50.

ETA: Just saw King, we have a queen.

That's what we have right now--I love it and want the same one for the new bed!!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    Eastie156 said:
    @MrsKipper‌ she has really bad reflux, but also has been incredibly snotty for a few days. My guess is it was a combo of both. She's apparently one of those babies that holds their breath. It's really nerve wracking.
    How scary!!!  I didn't even know that was a thing!!!  Babies are so weird.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    BPer said:
    I'm really annoyed with my office today.

We had our normal 2 hour Monday morning staff meeting, and it was all "BPer, why haven't you gotten around to completely redoing our website?"

After the meeting, I sat down separately with the other woman in our office whose SOLE purpose is event planning, and she gave me a laundry list of things "help with" regarding her events.

This is why I can get nothing done, people.
    I feel your pain. Our head of HR stopped me this morning to ask for assistance on a social media campaign for hiring. As we've never done this before, and the person he's thinking of having spearhead it isn't that adept at social media, I felt like I had to spell out every.single.thing. I spent the bulk of my day on that and am now getting around to the three things I HAD to get done today from my list. We need clones.

• Options
    I really like these. I believe they are gender neutral as well so I could even save them. Or resell. 

Then I found these and I like these as well

Nordies doesn't have it either :(  If you really want it, you can call one of the bigger stores, like Mall of America, and ask to ship them to you. I'm on a HA FB BST group and people do that all the time. HA is great about shipping from store.

But the second ones are super cute!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Eastie156 said:
    Whoa, that's scary! Glad she was OK. 

• Options
    It's 10 degrees outside right now.  I'm being every so productive inside, but I have to go to the grocery store, and the level of I Don't Wanna is just astounding.  
  • Options
    melody921 said:

I finally finished sorting all G's clothes up to 24mo. I started listing stuff for sale. No one is biting. I'm getting pissed. I don't have time to make all these posts on all the different fb sites in our area. I still need to list them on Craigslist. I'd really like to recoup some money. Not even asking a lot. I gave away 4 garbage bags to people 2 to donation and saved some to sell. Crazy.

Today is the first day in over a month I've woken with no SI joint pain! I'll see the chiro weekly now. Hopefully that will continue to help.

Do you have any local children's consignment stores @redneckmomma25? I never have the patience to list everything separately, so I just wash everything and drop it at consignment, then I get a check two months later, or I can use the credit as soon as it posts to buy something else.

I feel like I'd get even less than what I'm asking for and at that point in time I'd rather just give them to someone who needs them
  • Options
    Oh Em Gee with this freaking advent calendar!   3 emails and a text from MIL saying that she emailed me.  OKAYYYYYYYYY.  I told her I bought a sticker one last night.  Now she emails me 5 alternative ideas, two are candy cane calendars.  What is the freaking problem lady, I BOUGHT A STICKER CALENDAR.

"Is that from me or from you?"  It's from you dum dum, good grief!

• Options
    Is this cute for W to wear on Christmas, or too summery?
    https://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productHomeLarge/14UAUT_73136_BLU.jpg
    https://www.bodenimages.com/productimages/productHomeLarge/14UAUT_78106_BLU.jpg

• Options
    You're probably right @alinnjo.  It's size 2-3y so maybe it will be a good fit for easter haha.

• Options
    BobKat22 said:

@Eastie156‌ how scary. Both of my kids quit breathing with reflux. I hate it. It makes car rides stressful! Glad she's ok.

Oh wow, so it's common? It scary as hell.

• Options
    MelsaX said:

@Eastie156‌ holy shit. That's super scary! At least you know that people care enough to call an ambulance too.

Yes, seriously. A lady pulled her car over to see if we were ok. What a mess. And of course it was raining and cold out too.

• Options
    AKB090609 said:

We have a HA store that I will be at today and Thursday, if you tell me what you need I can check for you.

I do too. I need to go this week anyway. I'll look. What size?

• Options
    I'm so sorry @Eastie156‌ and @BobKat22‌ that sounds awful.

• Options
    @eastie156 I'm not sure how common it is, but it happened to W in the hospital and she lost her color, then twice at home.  At the hospital they flipped her over and beat her on the back.  At home I don't know what I did.... it was a blur.... I couldn't remember exactly what they did at the hospital.  I would be afraid that I would be overcome with panic in a car, so mega props to you. 

I had so much anxiety (read: unhealthy, irrational amount) about it.  She slept in her swing and rock n play until waaaaay too long because the elevation made me feel better. 

I am taking infant CPR this time so I can at least feel better equipped to handle a situation myself.  I don't *think* I will be so afraid again, but your story was completely terrifying.

• Options
    danabsd said:
    Ha!  I am sooooo cool!  I also love Mabel, Clementine, and Hattie on that list.  DH hates all three of those, ha.

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
    @Eastie156‌ how scary. Both of my kids quit breathing with reflux. I hate it. It makes car rides stressful! Glad she's ok.
    Oh wow, so it's common? It scary as hell.
    I don't know how common it is. I have one friend whose kid did it too. DD just had so much constantly refluxing and gurgling in her throat that she would stop breathing. I remember listening to her all night when she was little. DS had a really bad day on Friday with a constant flow of vomit and then we had to beat his back to get him to breath again. I tried switching him back to normal formula. Apparently, he really does need soy. One little 3 oz bottle did that to him. So that instance wasn't completely due to reflux. On normal days, I'll just hear it coming up, he'll make a sour face, and then he stops breathing for a bit before swallowing it back down. Luckily, we haven't had too many instances of them stopping long enough to get red. How terrifying for you! I hate reflux. I was hoping I wouldn't get another reflux baby. Instead, I got a reflux baby with lactose intolerance!
    @BobKat22 I think Abby might need soy too. We've tried gentleease which helps her not have so much reflux, but she's got a constant flow (literally) of diarrhea. We also tried some Alimentum that was leftover from Ethan and it makes her reflux 10x worse.... She's been sleeping in her bouncy seat. I may move the swing to our bedroom to make her more comfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"