May 2015 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

Let's get bitchy....
Favorite fall activity: roasting pumpkin seeds!

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    Fuck the whole time change shenanigans. It's screwed up my pregnant lady schedule AND the sleep/feeding schedule of the boy I nanny. It's the worst...

• Options

My pants are too tight but the maternity pants seem not to fit yet either so guess I am stuck for a bit still in too tight pants!

Oh and today I forgot my work shoes so I am wearing my commuter running shoes with my slacks :(

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

i am in hell waiting for my verifi results. they said "about a week" and it has been a week. i can't concentrate on anything. i am just sitting here staring at my phone.

TTC #2 since 8/2012

IUI #1 April 2014: BFN

IUI #2 July 2014: BFN

IUI #3 August 2014: BFN

BFP: September 15, due May 22nd 2015

• Options
    We got rid of our infant carseat because it was nearing expiration date.  I figured we would just get a new graco one to fit our graco strollers.  I've come to find they redid everything and it doesn't look like a new infant seat will click into an "old" stroller.   Grrrrr. 

~Mama to two daughters and baby #3 coming soon~
  • Options

i am in hell waiting for my verifi results. they said "about a week" and it has been a week. i can't concentrate on anything. i am just sitting here staring at my phone.

I'm in the same boat- my blood draw was last Wednesday and I'm on pins and needles waiting. We don't have family histories of chromosomal abnormalities but after we lost the last pregnancy, my fiancé and I are both kind of wrecks. Hang in there! And update us when you know.

• Options

I have THREE support people at work who are supposed to be the ones to go on site for visits (commercial ships).  One is away, and neither of the other two want to step up and do the job.  I am not their boss, so have little control of the situation.  Our boss is in another city.  He doesn't manage the workloads. So instead I get to do 100% of the work, while one person bitterly visits the site for 20 mins and doesn't help with other related duties he should help me with.  Where's by backup folks???!!!

My other support person for office work is also in another city.  And guess what?  They are always too busy to take their share of the 50% of the workload. I can't wait until May until they have to figure all of this out on their own for an ENTIRE YEAR.  The sucky thing is I am afraid I will lose clients because of it.

I'm freaking MAD.

DD #1: March 20, 2013
    DD # 2: May 2, 2015
    EDD #3: March 4, 2018

• Options
    Ugh my in laws, specifically SIL! She complains about EVERYTHING!!!!!! We suggested for Christmas next year that we only buy for the kids. It will save us both money and seemed like a win win. Well she's pissed off and made a crappy commented to the effect of "well you guys will figure out how to manage your finances eventually". Ummm excuse me! If you want to discuss our finances I guarantee mine are in better shape then yours! That happened weeks ago and I'm still pissed about it.
  • Options
    What I thought was RLS is now a soft tissue injury (in both Quads) that I can't do a damn thing for. Apart from "gentle stretching" and salt baths. I want some Advil or real pain killers. I am not good at natural remedies. They have been throbbing for 48 hours. I got 2 hours of sleep last night bc I was in so much damn pain. Needless to say I am super bitchy today. I want to rip my legs off.

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options

What I thought was RLS is now a soft tissue injury (in both Quads) that I can't do a damn thing for. Apart from "gentle stretching" and salt baths. I want some Advil or real pain killers. I am not good at natural remedies. They have been throbbing for 48 hours. I got 2 hours of sleep last night bc I was in so much damn pain. Needless to say I am super bitchy today. I want to rip my legs off.

Is arnica OK during pregnancy? It has really helped me with soft tissue injuries in the past.

• Options
    @tinalovescauliflower‌ not sure, I asked about icy hot and was given a firm no by my GP and OB. I shall google and return and report.

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options
    I had to schedule a dating ultrasound for next Monday. While I am happy getting a good ultrasound, Im aggravated they took this long to have me schedule it. They said everything looks normal with me. But like I've been telling them for 9 wks, my periods have been earlier and shorter since my miscarriage in April. So, while I knew when my period was, I haven't the slightest idea when I ovulated. Guess We'll find out next Monday!

imageimage

• Options

@tinalovescauliflower‌ not sure, I asked about icy hot and was given a firm no by my GP and OB. I shall google and return and report.

Arnica is ok if used topically in low to moderate doses. Never to be ingested orally during pregnancy. I will have google express deliver some tonight. Id do anything to get some real relief.

Duke Winter 10/11/12
    Baby Duex 05/20/15

NYC Momma 

"My stroller is my SUV"
  • Options
    If your going to cuss someone out for say 15 min make sure you have the right company!!!! My morning by some woman that had the wrong number! (I figured this out after I hung up, I hope the ho calls back too!)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Why can't my dogs take themselves out to poop! Waaah! We live on the third floor and the stairs make me tired! Why do stairs make me so tired right now?! :((

IAmPregnant TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My boss is super passive aggressive. Our school had a "lockdown drill" on Friday, and we get an e-mail saying that "27/30 classes were following the expectations set by the school," etc. today on Monday. So instead of confronting those teachers that weren't, we are now all wondering "was it me?" If it was, I would so rather just have him tell me so I know how to improve next time, instead of wondering if my class did OK or not. I thought they did.
  • Options
    Honda13 said:

Ugh my in laws, specifically SIL! She complains about EVERYTHING!!!!!! We suggested for Christmas next year that we only buy for the kids. It will save us both money and seemed like a win win. Well she's pissed off and made a crappy commented to the effect of "well you guys will figure out how to manage your finances eventually". Ummm excuse me! If you want to discuss our finances I guarantee mine are in better shape then yours! That happened weeks ago and I'm still pissed about it.

This is seriously an amazing idea! We do this every year. Dh and I buy each other 1 gift, dd gets to pick us each 1 gift, and we buy her "santa" gifts. Then for the nieces and nephews the KIDS do a gift exchange, we draw names and they each pick 1 gift no more than $20 to give to their "secret santa" they love it! This year we discussed for adults in the family doing a freezer meal exchange, who doesn't like food and everyone is happier with full bellies! I just don't think it's necessary to buy gifts for other adults, it's a child's holiday. Spouses yes, others, no obligation. We also usually do a craft for grandparents.

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Options
    climbermomma  I could never do your job.  I see myself getting violent, and attempting kidnapping.  F'n people.

I am feeling bitchy about DH changing our Christmas plans because his family has made him feel guilty that we aren't going to Colorado to be with them because we can't afford it.  Pissy at him for misplacing his cojones, and pissy at them for being manipulative, passive aggressive jerks who don't respect his role as husband and father.  And pissy because there's a grand out the window that WE DONT HAVE!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I'm tired of starving and not being able to eat anything without puking.

I'm also tired of how rude and disrespectful freshmen are. I've only taught juniors and seniors and freshmen are a completely different breed.
    First comes love = November 2012
    Then comes marriage = July 19th, 2014

Then comes baby = May 19th 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Praying for #2
    ~6 week loss in January 2016
    ~7 week loss in April 2016

• Options
    I am irritated at my MIL.   She is going to visit SIL for Thanksgiving a couple of states away.    BIL, FIL, DH can't go because we all have to work.    Why SIL can't come to visit us, is beyond me.   I am so angry and hurt, it makes me stabby.  

• Options
    Ditto, @gatorsgirl731 I thought the board was slow a week or two ago, but the trolls and "everyone who isn't sickeningly-sweet pleasant to me is a bully" mentality is not what I had in mind to liven it up.

Also, I want to actively bitch at DH's work for pulling together a last-minute meeting that will be happening at some point today, that he can't miss. Because it MIGHT have happened this morning (sidenote, it didn't), he had to miss our appt for follow-up on some limbo. Fortunately all went well, but why can't the higher-ups nail down a meeting time?

BabyFruit Ticker  image
  • Options
    greks84greks84 member
    edited November 2014
    DH had a sip of my Starbucks Valencia Orange refresher today and his face lit up like a Christmas tree. He was instantly hooked. Now our Starbucks budget will have to double! Bah!
    Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I spent $300 on new clothes and winter coats for my kids this weekend. Mommy also needs a new coat and some new clothes...but not gonna happen now for a few more weeks.
    Kids and their huge growth spurts! Grrrr.
  • Options
    greks84 said:

DH had a sip of my Starbucks Valencia Orange refresher today and his face lit up like a Christmas tree. He was instantly hooked. Now our Starbucks budget will have to double! Bah!

I LOVE those things. It's sad though because around here not every Starbucks sells it.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    We are going to look at houses this weekend and 2 of our favorites have been delisted. NOT COOL
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options
    GFJ48 said:
    "You'll feel sooooooo much better in the 2nd tri" How about I'm getting worse!!!! Nausea is out of control AND now I'm absolutely exhausted all the time again...
    Aw... I'm sorry. I hope it gets better for you! @GFJ48
  • Options
    I'm tired of starving and not being able to eat anything without puking.

I'm also tired of how rude and disrespectful freshmen are. I've only taught juniors and seniors and freshmen are a completely different breed.
    I teach 8th grade. I totally understand what you are saying.
    I think a lot of it has to do with "impressing their peers."
  • Options
    Definitely is a Monday worthy of just going back to bed... Everyone is pissing me off today and I can't go off on any of them.... And I have to go to work and deal with dumb asses there too.... Fml...

• Options

greks84 said:

I LOVE those things. It's sad though because around here not every Starbucks sells it.
    @Pintobean39‌ no way! So unfair! You can order the cans online tho!
  • Options

greks84 said:

I LOVE these but I always get a cold sore the next day from them. Damn orange and acidic!

@MiracleBByE‌ that stinks! Have you tried the very berry one?
  • Options
    Honda13 said:
    I was the one who complained when my IL suggested only getting "the kids" presents from now on. I guess it's a popular idea. But, in our case there is only one sibling out of 3 that has kids- so basically they were suggesting, "hey, everyone still buy our kids stuff for Christmas, but we will not give anyone else ANY gifts." Yes it is a kids holiday, but those without kids should still be able to feel included and celebrate with their families.
  • Options
    Yes @MiracleBByE‌ I was wondering about that. And if the cans are any good?
  • Options
    greks84 said:
    @Pintobean39‌ no way! So unfair! You can order the cans online tho!
    My son and I just went to a Starbucks that never has them and it's on the menu.  Maybe this is a new thing that they are carrying it everywhere.  For the last couple of years I could only get it in the summer and they quit selling it in the winter.  

Seriously though, $3.75 for a venti, highway robery!!!
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    I am so close to never having anything to do with my brother in law ever again! He hasn't bothered to congratulate us on our pregnancy at all. Last pregnancy we told them in person ad he made a point of finding out who else knew - so he knew how many people we had told before him. We assumed it was so he wouldn't let the cat out of the bag but then he said to my husbands face about not telling him before my sisters?! This time we posted on facebook and tagged everyone so then no one knew before anyone else. He hasn't liked it or commented on it. He works with my husband and has spoken to him but not congratulated him. Hubby is clearly upset but never admits it so is in a cranky mood constantly. I hate conflict so as much as I want to say something, I just can't :(
  • Options
    My boss is a jerk!! I have not taken any sick days at all this year, I have been with the company for 10 years and might have used like 10 sick days in that entire time frame. So I didn't sleep at all last night because I have a sinus infection and I had been taking OTC meds but they weren't working. So this morning I went into the office at 7 to get everything set up for the girls since I was going to be off to go to the dr and rest. I went to the dr and they said I had a sinus infection and an earache (no clue about that). They gave me antibiotics and told me to rest. So I told my boss what was wrong around noon today, he texted me back around 4 and was like so you should be feeling better by tomorrow since they gave you antibiotics right? I want to cuss him out so bad!!! I never miss work and always work out extra. What is it to him if I am home sick for two days?? He has like 10 other offices to drive crazy! Sadly I have started running a fever and I feel like it is turning into pneumonia. I told my DH what he said about me coming to work tomorrow and he is livid. I hope I do feel better tomorrow so I can go back, but my boss is single and now I see why. He is not human, just a robot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"