1st Trimester
Options

How long did it take you to get pregnant?

Hey ladies, I hope this is the best spot for this post This is my first month TTC, and dh and I would of course LOVE for it to happen the first cycle, but I know that’s not always the case. However, I am curious how many months it took you to conceive? We are 21 so hope that because we are young, it will happen faster! lol.

Re: How long did it take you to get pregnant?

• Options
    After a year and half of trying, we were diagnosed with unexplained fertility. Got pregnant after having a HSG.
    May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2 months
    May '15 Bitter Snatch
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The first two times I got pregnant the first cycle of trying. This time it took 6.
  • Options
    It took us 2 cycles the first time - we then had a miscarriage at 10 weeks.  This time it took us 3 cycles and I'm currently 5 weeks. 

Just being perfectly honest - everyone wants it to happen on the first cycle, but just be prepared that it may not happen that way.  If it does, then great, but it seems a little unrealistic. 

For us, it was discovered that I had a cyst on my ovary and it was possible that it could impact our fertility.  Thankfully it didn't.

All that to say, what I have learned is to hope and pray for a healthy baby and not focus so much on when that will happen.  

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    About 36 months not trying / not preventing, 24 months of timed intercourse and charting, three bad sperm analysis, one HSG, two IUIs using donor sperm, one IVF freeze all cycle, and we finally got our BFP on our first frozen embryo transfer! 

Wooohoo!

Wishing you a far shorter journey than we had. 

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Lol ummmm well I took out my iud approx 11 weeks ago and I'm 9 weeks pregnant! I never even got a period! Haha! Call me lucky I suppose
  • Options

Hey ladies, I hope this is the best spot for this post This is my first month TTC, and dh and I would of course LOVE for it to happen the first cycle, but I know that’s not always the case. However, I am curious how many months it took you to conceive? We are 21 so hope that because we are young, it will happen faster! lol.

First baby 2nd month
    Second baby 5months
  • Options
    I used a basal body thermometer and charted for 3 months before ttc and for 5 months while ttc with no luck. My OB suggested OPK and it worked on cycle 6.
  • Options
    I stopped birth control early September, and now I'm 4 weeks :) I was surprised it happened so quickly! Kudos to all of the women who went through hell and back to conceive!
  • Options
    It took us 6 months, but our timing wasnt always perfect. If you can try to have sex at least every three days from a couple days after your period ends until your next period begins, you should hit your fertile days if there arent any additional problems. Also the charting and such will help you pinpoint your fertile week if it doesn't happen right away, and might save you from yelling at whichever family member tells you to "just relax and it'll happen."
    J'15 January Signature Challenge: Pinterest Fail: I want to do one, but I was late in starting and now I'm too lazy to get in on it. This is how most of my pinterest fails normally occur, at least I didnt buy supplies.

TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1 09/25/2014 EDD 6/4/2015

BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    1st cycle, but what happened for me has nothing to do with what will happen for you. TCOYF is a good book and the ladies of TTGP are a great resource. Just lurk before you post:)
    Me:24 H:26
    Married 6/21/14  Baby:6/24/15
    photo image1_zpsbdf0846b.jpgBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    abbyfulabbyful member
    edited October 2014
    There's a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month. Once you are pregnant, there's an 80% chance of staying pregnant.

For me:
    Pregnancy #1 - 3 months, DS
    Pregnancy #2 - 1 month, m/c 9.5w
    Pregnancy #3 - 2 months, due next week
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    It took us 16 months to get pregnant
  • Options
    16 months
  • Options
    1 month. I was astonished and grateful!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    1st cycle off BCP. I'm one of the lucky ones.

Baby #1 for Allie and Mike!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP on Sept 29, 2014: our 2 year anniversary

• Options
    6 cycles with my first, 4 with this pregnancy.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • Options
    2 months
    image image BabyFruit Ticker First Jelly Bean EDD Jan 26 2014 - 1 day before MY birthday!
  • Options
    It took us 8 months and now I'm 5 weeks pregnant !! Good luck to you!!
  • Options
    I'm 8 wks along. Turn 37 next month, first month off BCP after 10 years at recommendation of gyn because of fibroids. Total accident...wasn't trying. go figure. Good luck!
  • Options
    DH and I are both 26 with no known fertility issues. It took us 13 cycles to get pregnant.

Me: 26   DH: 26
    Together since November 2006        Married September 5, 2011
    TTC #1 since August 2013           BFP on September 4, 2014
    Baby Girl due on May 11, 2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It took us 6 months after stopping BC. & my husband and I are both 21 as well! Good luck!
  • Options
    4 cycles

It's a BOY

• Options
    I tried to get pregnant for 10 years with my ex...never happen. He already had a daughter and I was told I might not be able to get pregnant. 

Now with my husband..the first time we tried we got pregnant but miscarried...and then got pregnant this time a month later after miscarriage.

Kind of funny how things work.
  • Options

I was 20 with DS it took 8 months. I was 22 with DD and took 4 months after her I got IDU for 3 years and got it removed in August. waited my first regular cycle as directed by my OB  (which was a month from removal) and 1st day of ovulation and very first try I got pregnant with # 3...I am now 26 if that matters... good luck TTC!!! hope to see you soon!!

• Options
    I have been charting my cycle for years so I know exactly when I am ovulating. It only took 1 cycle for my son and 1 cycle for this pregnancy. Someone else commented to have sex every 3 days or so and I second that suggestion. If you are not sure of when you are ovulating that is the best way to make sure you hit the window of opportunity.
  • Options
    This is my 3rd pregnancy. I have 2 boys. All 3 pregnancies were conceived on 1st cycle. I'm always shocked, but it just seems to be how it works for us.... good luck.. and to all who have had long waits and miscarriages your all awesome!
  • Options
    My second cycle after going off BCP. We were NTNP.

But it's different for everyone! I wish you the best of luck!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We got pregnant our first month ttc
  • Options
    4 months...and it was the first month that we really committed to sex every other day from the day my period ended until the day I confirmed ovulation via bbt (which was day 31 this cycle).
  • Options
    I went off birth control and we ended up waiting about 8 months to TTC (longer than planned). I got pregnant on our 2nd (technically 3rd) cycle trying. I say "technically" because our first month TTC we were on vacation with my family and didn't hit any days in the fertile week.
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We started trying during our honeymoon and became pregnant. Had no idea it would happen so quickly due to my weight and hypothyroidism. Everyone's experience is so different, though. Good luck to you!
    Married 10.03.2014
    TTC the day we were married
    BFP October 2014 - Due 7/2/2015 - MMC discovered 12/1/2014 (D&C)
  • Options
    4 months after getting off BC, out of which in the last 2 I was using OPK. Good luck!
  • Options
    This time around I got pregnant my first cycle ttc. I got pretty lucky considering my history. So you never really know how long or short it's going to take.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I conceived my second cycle (4-5 months ago) miscarried and now pregnant again after the first month of trying!! It varies for most, everyone is different. I also think luck plays a part ;)
  • Options
    4 months, I'm 3 weeks along.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our first took 2 cycles, our second took a little less than a year, with one very early loss in the middle. This baby took one missed pill.
  • Options
    If I am not breastfeeding or preventing with pills or iud I get pregnant. First child was pretty much the first month. Then the next baby which I miscarried was the month after I stopped breast feeding. Then next child was the month after I miscarried. Next baby was 3rd cycle after taking out iud. Next child was only unprotected time. And this one was second cycle after stopping pill. We have a joke that hubs can't breath around me without me getting pregnant. Haha. Last and this one were surprises.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    For me, pregnancy 1= accident, so no months
    pregnancy 2= 3 cycles
    pregnancy 3= 4th cycle after that
    so ultimately it took 7 cycles of timed intercourse (mostly not charting except towards the end) for a take home baby.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• Options
    With #1 I got pregnant on our first cycle trying. Current one was a surprise while on the pill!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"