April 2014 Moms
Options

going to buy a convertible seat

I need to get one, DS is so big and uncomfortable. What do you ladies recommend? I don't want to spend a gazillion dollars but I do want something safe and comfortable as he hates his current seat.... wish I would have done more studying for my first seat.... thanks in advance and sorry if there was a post about this....

Re: going to buy a convertible seat

• Options
    i have the evenflo symphony DLX and we love it its not expensive and i got it at buy buy baby with a 20% coupon end up being 180

also i had bougth a recaro which i heard raving reviews about but when we got it, it ended up not being compatible with my car (we have a pathfinder)

so check with your make and model first and go from there.

britax its the most popular brand but i heard a couple of bad thing about them so thats why i didn't get one so just do your research you will find the one you love

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have the Evenflo Symphony LX and I like it. I don't think it's too big but our truck is real spacey. It's an all in one seat. Rear facing, forward facing, and booster seat, so it should last awhile.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We bought a Safety First convertible for $150. It rear faces to 40lbs and then front faces to 65lbs. It looks super comfy!
  • Options
    We just bought the Graco my size- it was $179 plus they are offering a $25 rebate; of course I was out of 20% off coupons:-(
    I used the car seats for littles facebook group for a recommendation
  • Options
    We have a Britax Advocate we got on Amazon on sale, and Costco was having a great deal on the Evenfli symphony, so we just got one of those. We haven't installed either one yet, so I have nothing helpful to offer

Photobucket imageimage

• Options
    We did the Graco 4 ever seat and opened a babysrus card to get an additional 15% on top of the 20% off so it was 235 after tax.  
  • Options
    DD1 has a Chicco Nextfit and we plan on getting another for DD2.  At 21 pounds, it's getting quite heavy to lug the Keyfit 30 around.  I was hoping she would stay in the Keyfit 30 until Christmas, but I doubt that's going to happen.  We'll be using a BBB coupon.

• Options
    I got a graco headwise awhile ago on clearance at target and just picked up a my size when they were on amazon lightning deals a couple days ago. I don't love the graco sears, but they're long lasting rear facing, and have the "premium" latch or whatever it's called, which were my two big criteria. And for the price I could justify spending twice as much on a next fit, even though I think it's a nicer seat.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Is there a website or anything to find out what brands fit better in different vehicles?? I cannot seem to find anything on my car and if the car seat we are wanting will fit or not..
  • Options
    I have tried google but nothing comes up and I can't find a store around me to try out a Recaro...
  • Options
    @heatherbond06 if you go to your actual brand website there should be the info sheet on it 

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Thank you all for the help
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I may try and wait it out to get a black Friday deal, didn't even think of that... hmm must be my lack of seep :s
  • Options
    Lurking...
    The FB group Carseats for Littles that pp mentioned is super helpful.
    You can tell them size of your child, budget, and what car you have and they will make recommendations.  They are techs, trained and a wealth of correct information.
    The group is also very active, so you almost always get a response or spark a discussion.

• Options
    I have tried google but nothing comes up and I can't find a store around me to try out a Recaro...

I have the same question, my car is pretty small and I have two other kids who have to sit in the backseat. I stopped at buy buy baby and the sales associate told me that the recaro was the best seat for small cars. I didn't think to take it out and fit it in the back seat, but seeing it in person it does look like its a little slimmer. I haven't looked at reviews yet though. But it's also great that it can also be used as a booster.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Ashleypixie‌ I have reviewed this seat over and over and my concern is with the height of the car seat. I drive a 2013 Buick Regal, so I am worried about height but I have found a BBB with one so I can go try it out..
  • Options
    It did look pretty tall. It looks like it installs a little differently and I'm not sure if it means it's easier or more difficult to do :-?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Ashleypixie‌ my husband is so adamant on getting a Recaro so I am going to go try it out and see if it's too tall.. The reviews are very mixed on the size some people say it didn't fit in their SUVs and other people said it fit in there camaro,hatchback etc so I will see I guess
  • Options
    We got a britax blvd in June for our 2nd truck and will be shopping for another at Black Friday sales. I didn't listen to reviews and got a dark one which got really hot this summer and we don't live somewhere hot.
  • Options
    I made the mistake of getting our infant carrier in black and my little man runs hot and we live in Texas.. I felt so bad this summer because he was always so sweaty when we would take him out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"