March 2015 Moms
Options

Bring Us A Shrubbery (Random)

Re: Bring Us A Shrubbery (Random)

• Options
    WAMOM said:
    @kcbizme I think it depends on how far along you are? I remember with my DD I was told to have a full bladder but it was harder for the tech so I was told to pee promptly after we started the a/s. With DS it was hit and miss when they requested a full bladder.

I was told to have a full bladder for my upcoming a/s but I'm not stressing over it. Two babies + full bladder won't make anything easier to see.
    I was 18 weeks and they didn't have me have a full bladder (thank goodness). They were able to see everything they needed so I'm really happy about that, although I would have been more excited to have an extra u/s..
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also, @lisap0924 I miss the weekly Step-Mom Check-In!  :(
  • Options

@Skrittens I hope the MRI goes smoothly and you get some answers that put your worries at ease.  I'm so sorry you are dealing with that right now and I really hope things progress positively!

Not much going on with me today.  Going to be a slow day at work thankfully and tomorrow morning I will get to sleep in since I have to stay home for our house to get pressure washed.  Then Friday is my dreaded gum surgery.  I really hope I'm building it up to be worse in my mind then it turns out.  That would be awesome.  I guess I'll be doing a lot of laying around the house this weekend, eating soft foods and not talking much.  They will give me a stent to wear (kind of like a plastic retainer) to protect the donor incision on the roof of my mouth.  Hopefully that will alleviate a lot of the discomfort since I've heard that the donor site results in more pain than the place where the graft is. 

Good luck to everyone with their a/s today! 

I think I had the same surgery that you're talking about. They take a piece from the roof of your mouth and graft it to another location? If so, it's really not bad at all. I had it done twice, once when I was 10 and once when I was 12, and both times I was mostly fine by two days after. Still had to eat fairly soft foods, but not much pain.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the slept like crap club. I finally fell asleep after 1 am and woke up around 6:30 when H's alarm went off. I was thisclose to calling in sick to try to sleep in, but with Open Enrollment starting next week and an audit the week after that, I just couldn't do it. So I'm at work sleepy and with a headache that coffee couldn't take away. At least I can feel baby kicking lots this morning so that makes me feel a bit better.

MC: 2/19/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck everyone with appointments!
    As for me, I'm feeling so gross I don't even want to go out in public. I just sprouted my third cold sore since BFP and I seriously don't even want to face the world. My ob says its normal to get them more often while pregnant because of weakened immune system systems, but this is just disgusting. Any remedies out there besides abreva?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @katydid2014‌ yes the novocaine shots are always my least favorite part, and then having to sit with my mouth open for however long it takes them. Good luck, I'm sure it will go smoothly.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
  • Options
    Sorry to post and run, it's been a crazy day and it's not even noon here yet!

Hugs to everyone who needs them. Congrats to those with great a/s today! Sorry about most of us not sleeping well, my SO has decided to start have weird dreams where he starts yelling or talking loud at me in his sleep. So weird! But I'm such a light sleeper and wake up freaked out something is wrong everytime!

I have the boppy pregnancy pillow, I love it because it velcros apart into 3 pieces so I don't have to use the whole thing every night, it's really great! And a little cheaper than the snoogie I think. I got it on amazon.

We just found out the guy who was suppose to take over our lease, isn't. I sent him a very nasty email what a jerk! So now were scrambling trying to find someone so we don't lose our new place or pay double rent for months. :( SO decided there's nothing we can do right now so he's taking me to Disneyland for a few hours to help me relax. Gimme the Mickey pretzels, ice cream bars, and mashed potatoes!!!

I'll catch up when we get back!

Surprise! Baby #2 EDD 7/28/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Guise seriously, I die at the cuteness of the clothes on this Pumpkin Patch USA site.  I just happened across it I think through a pinterest link and I seriously want to buy like 90% of their stuff for a little boy.  I already spent $122 and I want MOAR!!!  Everything is on sale right now so I was getting some summer stuff and I got some super cute little man sandals and first walker sneakers that should fit him when he is close to a year old.  And bonus, the shoes are practically Seahawks colors!
    imageimage

I'm having trouble controling myself from buying boys clothes too! I think you posted about being scared of getting the wrong size and that is the only thing stopping me! I have a friend and her 4 month old is in 9 month clothing already! Crazy! I think if we didn't have a bunch of expenses right now I'd be spending the money though!!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Well my day is just peachy. Got a letter in the mail saying our escrow is short $1600 cause they raised property taxes by like a 40% fucking increase and now our monthly mortgage is going up like $300 a month. At that point we might as well start looking at our forever homes because we're basically in the same budget!! I'm so mad. And upset. Being a homeowner blows.
  • Options
    Guise seriously, I die at the cuteness of the clothes on this Pumpkin Patch USA site.  I just happened across it I think through a pinterest link and I seriously want to buy like 90% of their stuff for a little boy.  I already spent $122 and I want MOAR!!!  Everything is on sale right now so I was getting some summer stuff and I got some super cute little man sandals and first walker sneakers that should fit him when he is close to a year old.  And bonus, the shoes are practically Seahawks colors!
    imageimage

So I have you to blame(thank) for this! I forgot who mentioned that site earlier this week. They have the CUTEST clothes. I didn't think shopping for a little guy would be so much fun!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    @happymamax2 thank you! I'm so excited to get it. It has matching booties, a hat, and a blanket too!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Gymboree is also having an online sale today. I'm glad my husband is working now lol.

• Options
    I haven't posted here in a while... So I'll sneak back in on the random thread and hope I'm welcome back!! Are the crazies gone yet? Mostly?

I'm feeling a ton of movement (mostly in the bladder area, thanks kid) and I'm pretty sure I felt an outside kick today. It's not quite strong or consistent enough that DH could feel I don't think, but hopefully soon!
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    @AleWife‌ yeah they did let us know about the increase in taxes. I should've known this was coming but we've been so busy I honestly forgot. Apparently my town is millions of dollars in debt because of a few corrupt assholes and the bill is being passed onto us. Awesome.

@jennypm‌ the sad thing is it's still cheaper to own than to rent in this area... Blows my mind
  • Options
    @katydid2014‌ I am effing obsessed with boy clothes, as you know. Idk about this site but I'm banned from looking at clothes for a while because his closet may or may not be like, already full lol
  • Options
    ruemorganruemorgan member
    edited October 2014
    @Skrittens‌ any update? I hope the MRI went well!

@JM0848‌ it was a post wide cleaning day for my sister too! Shes due friday so she was hoping it might help kick start labor haha :P

Eta I just saw skrittens update in the appt thread. Glad it went well!!
  • Options
    I'm going to go broke between now and March with all the talk about clothes and sales...

But it's OK. Because:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    4:30 Central can't come soon enough. I'm waiting anxiously for the next 13 minutes to escape my office. My bosses are making changes to a speech I wrote that big boss is giving tomorrow. If I can get out of here before they are done, I can escape being the one to make the changes and go home at a reasonable hour. (I've already gone through four drafts of this five - 10 minute speech).
  • Options
    @RQuinlin‌ The only things I can think of off hand are olives, ornaments, and oven mitts.

For suzyq0525

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Options
    @RQuinlin‌ The book Olivia? Things that are opposites?

• Options
    Ornament is a good idea!

• Options
    This thread title makes me think of this...

• Options
    Congrats to the good scans today! The u/s pics are way cute! :D

@janda426‌ That seriously blows. :( My hubby and I both own our own houses, and it's a constant battle to keep things down on them. We've just started the process of getting them ready to rent and that will be a whole new battle.

@katydid2014‌ That's too cute!! I just screen shot all these clothing suggestion places! :)

@kadeelou‌ I'm sorry you're feeling down at the moment. Try to get plugged in to social activities as soon as possible. Maybe there are mom's groups? You could try Meetup.com for hobbies or activities. There are many great groups on there! :) Moving always takes some adjusting.
  • Options
    I just bought 7 nursing bras (sleep and regular) at motherhood. My bank account may be a little upset, but my boobs are excited to get some space because my regular bras are starting to get some overflow
  • Options
    @luckystarz‌ That type of behavior is NOT ok, in my book. It sounds like he catches up with his dad quite a bit, so there's no reason he should be solely focused on him in a conversation. Guys are pretty clueless. Maybe your hubby thinks you aren't interested in being part of the conversation if you're on the phone? (Still doesn't excuse being ignored, though ). You definitely should talk to him and give him a chance to rectify his behavior. Just my thoughts.
  • Options
    RQuinlin said:

Well ladies, I burned my bump. I was cooking dinner and leaned over and hit the side of a hot pan. It's not too bad. I guess I'm going to have to start cooking turned sideways. ;)

Ouch! Hope you're ok. I wouldn't have even thought about things like that. We need bump precautions, lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"