March 2014 Moms
Options

Baby related Flame free Dumb ?s

13»

Re: Baby related Flame free Dumb ?s

• Options
    How about constipation? Aubrey is going through her first bout. She has been EBF until recently with the occasional solids here and there. This past week I just started giving her more pouch foods, probably at least once a day and now she is visibly uncomfortable and crying out in pain trying to push it out. She has had small amounts coming out but I know she must have a lot in there that she is trying to get out. Since last night we have given her apple sauce, prune juice, prune puréed food and pear purée. No change. MH just headed out to get glycerin suppositories. Anyone have experience with these or think we shouldn't use them? I can't deal with watching her in pain anymore!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @linzerd‌
    If you've really just started offering more than BM or formula it can take a bit for LO's system to adjust to different stuff. I'd just go slow until you know things are going okay.
    And yes, apple sauce can constipate. The only time DS1 got constipated was when MIL fed him an entire box of baby mum mums in just over 24 hours. (She was excited that he liked them and was afraid to feed him like we do... :( )
    LO has not spent any time with her feeding him yet. Lol.

@MeggsM‌
    On the subject of laying down or resting their heads; yes, LO does that. He will bury his head into the couch when he's cruising or crawl over to me and rub his head against my legs. Sometimes he does it on the floor while crawling around. It's sometimes a sign that he's starting to get tired, but not quite ready for nap yet.

@bsouls‌
    I have to get the right timing to trim nails. Awake and happy, but not playful. If he's tired at all he gets squirmy. I am right handed so I sit him on my lap facing away. Start with his pinky on his right hand and go as quickly as I can from finger to finger. Then the left starting with the thumb. I can usually get to the second last finger before he starts to fuss.
    Don't ask me about toe nails. DH has to do that.
    DD used to sit quietly for me when she was a baby/toddler so hers were easy, but neither of the boys like to sit still for toenails.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"