Stay at Home Moms
Options

Updates

BumpMayBumpMay admin
edited October 2014 in Stay at Home Moms

Hi everyone,

Regarding the incident that happened a few weeks ago: As I stated before, my decision to add a co-mod was made in error.  I'm sorry that several of you were upset by the reversal that I made to correct that error.

First, MandyMack does a great job and does not need full-time assistance. Second, anyone who is chosen to be a moderator goes through a very strict screening process put in place by the community team. We reserve the right to decide whether a person qualifies for this position or not. Some of the things we look at are post history, and the ability to remain neutral in situations. The members who were nominated and chosen did not meet our qualifications. I hope this clears up any confusion.

Moving forward, the continued harassment of @Mandymack & @curlingrocks is completely unacceptable and won’t be tolerated. Any inflammatory comments directed towards either of them will result in an immediate ban.

This situation has gotten extremely out of hand, and I just want to be clear that this is the final stance we are taking. If there are threads discussing this issue further on a TB board, I am giving mods the right to immediately close the thread.

Thank you for understanding. If you have any further questions or need clarification, please email communitybump@xogrp.com.

Re: Updates

• Options
    amy052006 said:
    Wait, so are you the new Bump Jackie? I just don't get it though. How can their be blanket protection of the mods yet it be total fine to make discriminating remarks against other groups?
    1) Correct, I was working under @BumpJackie before she left.

2) If you have seen instances of discriminating remarks, feel free to PM me and we can review them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Rumbera28 said:
    amy052006.   But bringing it up over and over again on this forum stops. Now.
    Correct. If you report something and feel it is unfairly handled, I am requesting you PM me and explain your case I am asking members to not bring personal issues to the boards, as it is not considered an appropriate channel by the community team.

Things also get handled much quicker using this process.
  • Options
    Oooo I missed it Amy. What did you supposedly do?
  • Options
    Rumbera28 said:

amy052006   Nothing defamatory was said about you.  Everything has been true.  

Then why the dirty delete?

From, a curious lurker

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options
    I feel like a lot of people are missing A LOT of the story around here. Like paragraphs of it. But oh well. 
    @nariadreaming Who is she supposed to ignore? The mod she doesn't know who came here out of the blue screaming at her and accusing her of shit? Seriously, this is nuts. 
    The wife07mom09 chick or whoever she's kvetching about with the religion posts. 

• Options
    I also sent BumpMay a PM this weekend but haven't heard back.
  • Options
    Here's the thing: no one's losing sleep over any of those posters who were nominated and/or won the co-mod poll because it never should've happened in the first place. @bumpmay addressed this 2 weeks ago here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12461865/co-mod/p1 and again, today. You need to accept it and either post here within the Terms of Use or leave.

This is NOT up for discussion on this or any Bump board. You can take it up with BumpMay in a PM.

The warnings ARE coming @amy052006. Unfortunately, just reports of abuse from behavior of members on THIS board, have the reporting forum backed up 13 pages.

You'll be tagged so you know you have a PM.

Anyone with more than 5 violations will be banned. If you do not understand your banning or want to dispute it, again, you can take it up with BumpMay.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options
    LatteLady5LatteLady5 member
    edited October 2014
    Here's the thing: no one's losing sleep over any of those posters who were nominated and/or won the co-mod poll because it never should've happened in the first place. @bumpmay addressed this 2 weeks ago here: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12461865/co-mod/p1 and again, today. You need to accept it and either post here within the Terms of Use or leave.

Can I ask why you think it never should have happened? Honestly, I'm just trying to understand. We all like(d) you but you were barely ever here. Not trying to be rude, just honest. Our former co-mod was around alllllll the time until the child molester stuff came to light. It's obvious an additional moderator was needed.

"Go ahead and nominate a co-mod...just kidding" doesn't make any sense.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Madness.

• Options
    Thanks @gwapes that's the perfect gif for ALL OF YOU! To be clear, my post was directed to @sing4mysavior as she seems lost on just how many times this HAS been addressed.

@olivegoose @bumpmay is new around here and The Bump Admin team as a whole decided she needed to address this board formally so that this could be put to bed and all Mods could return to their respective boards. I've been dealing with a lot, including personal illness and asked for help from all mods while this board was in shambles.

Read this post, accept it and it never has to be talked about again.

@amy052006 you made a statement about not yet receiving your warning. I was simply clearing things up for you and anyone else who feels they are due a warning or a ban. @rumbera28 has had many exchanges with you and was reminding you, once again, to drop it in a final warning about THAT particular issue. Mods work together so we all know how many warnings each poster has so that banning don't happen without cause. And it's not an accusation if it's true, we've all seen the comments coming through the reporting forum and everyone has discussed, at great length, everything that has commenced on this board the last two weeks.

@lattelady5 @MrsHarking it's not an opinion, it's an understood fact on how selecting Mods is done. @bumpmay was brand new, even to us, and acted before even introducing herself to us. Typically, help is either asked for my a mod for her own board or a Bump Admin will suggest a co-mod be added. Then, suggestions are made on the mod forum by ALL mods and by Bump Admin. Post histories are investigated and lots of other steps are taken and THEN, those Bumpies are contacted, asking if they would be interested. Once nominees are confirmed, a poll is brought to the board.

@auroraloo when many of you crossed the line into relentlessly harassing me and @curlingrocks you lost all respect and credibility and faith that you could behave as civilized, decent, compassionate human beings. Your behavior didn't warrant anything outside of being handled as toddlers having an extreme temper-tantrum.

• Options
    WTF....this is ridiculous
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    auroraloo said:

Gwapes would like to know why she was banned, but she is unable to check PMs Can someone email her, or PM me and I will forward the info?

No, because people aren't allowed to know why they got banned. Asking questions? Banned. Asking for clarification? Banned. Asking for mods to do something about bigots? Banned. If you insult someone who is being a religious nut job and spreading hate speech? Banned. If you don't meet your husband at the door with the alcoholic beverage of his choice? Banned. Oh wait, that last ones a bit much, right? Ok they won't ban you, but you'll be laughed off the SAHM board because all you're allowed to talk about on here is tablecloths.
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    Rumbera28 said:
    @rumbera28 Your response to Amy was neither helpful in calming the board down or neutral. Just so you know it came across as a personal attack to most people...
    You are more than free to report any post however you wish.   The post was neither personal nor an attack;  similar warnings are not forthcoming because final warnings have been given.  She should be grateful for the courtesy.

A bit confused here. It was said directly to Amy and was so far beyond rude that your comments fall into hostile territory. So I'm not understanding how your comments weren't personal? You can PM me as I'm understanding that the community at large doesn't deserve an explanation of issues that affect the board. Thanks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Rumbera28 said:

@rumbera28 Your response to Amy was neither helpful in calming the board down or neutral. Just so you know it came across as a personal attack to most people...

You are more than free to report any post however you wish.   The post was neither personal nor an attack;  similar warnings are not forthcoming because final warnings have been given.  She should be grateful for the courtesy.

Grateful that we've had a say in anything that's happened here...? Yup, totally grateful. Because you guys have listened so well....oh wait...
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    mandymack said:
    Thanks @gwapes that's the perfect gif for ALL OF YOU!

@lattelady5 @MrsHarking it's not an opinion, it's an understood fact on how selecting Mods is done. @bumpmay was brand new, even to us, and acted before even introducing herself to us. Typically, help is either asked for my a mod for her own board or a Bump Admin will suggest a co-mod be added. Then, suggestions are made on the mod forum by ALL mods and by Bump Admin. Post histories are investigated and lots of other steps are taken and THEN, those Bumpies are contacted, asking if they would be interested. Once nominees are confirmed, a poll is brought to the board.

Okay so genuinely asking here, (not being snarky)

If it was, as you said, an understood fact, how come @bumpmay, acting on behalf of the mod of the mods, was not aware of the process?

Also, @Gwapes got banned immediately after posting that GIF...

The recent events show, that if anything a co-mod was a really, reasonable request considering there are now multiple mods here.

• Options
    Aussie45 said:
    Your behavior didn't warrant anything outside of being handled as toddlers having an extreme temper-tantrum.
    Oh kind of like yours when the board wanted a co-mod because you couldn't get your ass online after telling AG she was going to get banned?
    @aussie45 - if you are going to come at me, at least have the facts straight. I was only upset that BeeJ allowed this to happen outside of the protocol that was understood, not with the suggestion of a co-Mod. I stated this twice in two threads but you'll have to go back a few pages to find it.

Not that you've shown an ounce of compassion or anything that would lead me to believe you care but there was a horrific car accident in my family that day. The Bump was NOT a priority. It took me days just to get my affairs in order so that I could leave town. But thank you for, once again, inaccurately portraying me as someone who just doesn't give a shit.

• Options

mandymack said:

If it was, as you said, an understood fact, how come @bumpmay, acting on behalf of the mod of the mods, was not aware of the process?

The recent events show, that if anything a co-mod was a really, reasonable request considering there are now multiple mods here.

Things didn't get crazy until no one answered the questions that were being asked. All of this information is what was originally requested. Also, it seems a little biased to have other mods decide whether or not mods are being harassed.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    MandyMack can you explain the protocol for electing a co mod? Or point me to where I can read it? Thanks
  • Options
    mandymack said:

I've already answered this. It's because she's brand new. She's apologized for her mistake and we've all walked through the process as a group so she's aware of how it works.

• Options
    amy052006 said:
    Fwiw what was reposted is not what was said. I am still a little dumbfounded that things I said when reporting offensive (to me) behavior through the proper channels as we have been instructed 8494905 times would then be made public by a mod.
    @amy052006 it was made public by YOU! Rumbera was just reminding you AGAIN to drop it as you were one more warning away from being banned. End of discussion.

• Options
    @mandymack‌ I am truly sorry for your misfortune with your family in the car accident. I mean that sincerely.

I am not good with timelines, so I don't remember when everything happened. Honestly though, did you think leaving a post telling AG that she had messages that she was about to be banned would EVER go over well? It was sure to be a shit storm and it was. We wanted clarification from some mod ANY mod about the bigot warnings and no one would explain anything and we thought she would get banned. I don't know AG personally, but it seemed poorly handled and lots of people were upset that a regular was going to be banned. I don't know how the timeline played out, but it didn't seem reaching to have someone else mod so that way when you're not available as per living on the west coast would understandably make it so, that the board would have answers some answers, any answers when shit hits the fan, as it so often inevitably does on the bump.
  • Options
    My questions are not being addressed.
  • Options
    auroraloo said:
    @mandymack‌ whoa. I never harassed anyone, in fact the opposite, and when I had questions I took them to PM so as not to perpetuate things and you attack me like that?
    @auroraloo so sorry. My "you" was meaning the members of this board who were doing it. A general "you" as I felt you were speaking for the general group. It most certainly was not directed at you. I apologize that it came off that way.

• Options
    And for the record, this is what EVERYONE has been asking for clarity on. The mods keep saying "We won't explain anything." Yet, if you guys just went ahead and everyone hashed everything out it would go SO MUCH FURTHER than telling everyone else to get over it. And I mean that as nicely as I can possibly say that.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Quoting Amy quote fail: "The fact that a bunch of unpaid mods tell a XO employee (well likely unpaid intern) what to do can't possibly be a good business model."

Seriously. The explanation given makes no sense. Employees don't train the boss. And if the process scattered started wasn't how it was supposed to happen why didn't you @Mandymack step in and say "hey guys, this isn't how co-mods are elected. You guys need to do xyz to make this work." The polling and discussing of polling and nominating happens over a couple days.There was plenty of time for our mod to step in and stop the process.

• Options

Aussie45 said:

And for the record, this is what EVERYONE has been asking for clarity on. The mods keep saying "We won't explain anything." Yet, if you guys just went ahead and everyone hashed everything out it would go SO MUCH FURTHER than telling everyone else to get over it. And I mean that as nicely as I can possibly say that.

I understand, however, we have specifically been told not to tell user A why user B has been warned/banned. I spent the weekend answering every single question leveled at me openly and honestly, because I felt it was what this board needed. However, if I had been asked why someone was banned, even if I knew my answer would have been the same. "I have been told not to discuss actions taken against one user with another." That isn't going to change.
    I don't want to know about the bannings. I want to know why MM thought that would be a good idea to leave her a post sending her to her PMs letting her know that she was about to get banned and then go off and leave it at that. She puts that post up, has a family emergency, but during said emergency she had time to PM several regs but not come back to that shit show? It seems fishy and then to come back and be pissed about a potential co-mod being nominated when she was dealing with said emergency. It seems very fishy that during such a stressful time, she wouldn't want the extra help.

People keep trying to explain everything saying that the co-mod nomination had nothing to do with her, but the green light was on right up until MM came back and said she didn't like that idea. You guys don't have to explain it to us, but people will always be curious and wonder.
  • Options

@lexusolsen – I’ve answered the question about the co-mod debacle twice now. Would you mind reading up a bit, please? The Terms of Use, a team of Bump Admins, and lastly, the mods, deemed some behavior here harassment and BumpMay reviewed it, agreed with it and came here to make a statement about it today. No single mod just shouts "harassment" (or any violation, really) and has carte blanche to act on it. We are a team and always work together.

@MrsHarking – please read up as I’ve explained it above, it quickly got burried.

@nowababy – just as you care about this board, so do I. All mods go above and beyond to protect the members of the boards they were asked to or volunteered to moderate. I never cared about a co-mod – go back a page or two and read the threads where I stated this publicly. The channels matter immensely! Many of us have bonded over IF, losses, divorce, moves, etc. and rely on the Terms of Use to keep the boards a safe and welcoming place. Thank you for your concern, I did take a bumpcation. For over a week while I was out of the state. Other mods and BumpMay came here on my behalf so that I could step away from everything and be with my family.

@cnamom – they can email communitybump@xogrp.com themselves.

@aussie45 – thank you for the sentiment. It’s really hard for me to continue speaking with you when you won’t go back and read the post you are referring to so you can see for yourself what I DID and DID NOT do. Please do that and then, ask me whatever is still unclear. I understand how your perception and/or AG’s account of what happened seemed poorly managed to you all; however, I, every other Mod here and BumpMay will say the same thing: the details are between her and the Bump Admin who banned her (I did not ban her!). I will say it again and again if I need to but what happens with a poster is none of anyone else’s business so, no matter how many pages you all filled up in that thread that day, getting angrier and angrier with every passing moment of silence, no one was going to “answer your questions” because at this time, you don’t have the right to another person’s privacy. However, having said all that, the mods have opened this very discussion up to BumpMay as we all feel there could be a middle ground that could help all posters better understand the TOU and post accordingly. Once there is any movement, if there is any, I will post here for all of you to see.

@amy052006 I’m bogged down HERE, answering all your (the general “you”) questions. I will get to you.

@lattelady5 Understand and don’t disagree with you; however, we receive feedback and the door is open for upward feedback so we have a steady stream of communication. We are all constantly working to make this community better. I didn’t step in and say “hey guys, this isn’t how co-mods are elected” because if Scattered herself or her acting on behalf of a group of you wanted a co-mod, I want you to have one. I have always done whatever is best for this board. I don’t rule with an iron-fist. Had the winner been deemed appropriate I would’ve 100% accepted it and moved on (I KNOW I’m not here morning, noon and night, I have a busy life, as you all do, and I’m on the West coast so the timing is a bit wonky, though to be honest, the reporting forum has been empty and I haven’t seen much of anyone in violation but maybe I missed something), regardless of how BumpJackie/BumpMay went about it. However, because it didn’t work out that way, the door was opened by several mods to discuss it. Around this time, BumpMay introduced herself to us and we had to spend several days catching her up (13 pages in the reporting forum) and discussing how to handle everything. 

• Options

claridiva said:

If there was no new information, then there was no reason to repost any old information, esp. since the "drama" had essentially petered out and the ladies have happily relocated the bulk of their communications to another venue. Some mods have absolutely perpetuated this drama and verbally attacked/accused longstanding members within this thread--the evidence is quite concrete.

Since the terms of the TOU seem unclear, at least to me, and If I have warranted any warnings, I am only mobile, so I cannot see any PMs.

The new information was the official letterhead. It wasn't a statement from the moderators, it was a statement from the community host.

On mobile, scroll to horizontal menu at to of the page, click on 'community', scroll down to bottom, click on 'my inbox'. There are your PMs.
    I get that, but was it really warranted or necessary? It would seem obvious even before posting it that it would perpetuate another heated discussion.

@PetraStonegirl‌, I actually find you to be the most level-headed mod here and I can see that you are interested in reclaiming some normalcy (or at least finding a new norm) on this board. It just appears there are too many mods trying to right this wrong, and that is just adding fuel to the fire with the multiple confusing justifications/rules/excuses/etc. I get there's probably a lot of behind-the-scenes drama we are not privy to, but I feel that what would go a long way would be an acknowledgement (dare I say apology?) that the original co-mod debacle was facilitated by people who have been put in leadership roles. Perhaps some good restructuring will come from all of this, but there are those of us that have been a part of the Bump who feel this was a very shady debacle from the get go and a very poor way to run a business.

Thanks for the top to access my PMs.
  • Options
    There's a saying I'm fond of that goes "secrets don't make friends." It looks like all people want is that things not be so "don't ask don't tell." You want to call his a community but you don't want to let it function as one. In a community all members should be part of the conversation and be allowed to help determine how their community is run. Unless you're mistaken on what a community is and mean to use the word communist.
  • Options
    amy052006 said:
    Really @PetraStonegirl‌ I really do think that is awesome. I am glad somebody saw the logic there and could see the forrest through the trees. Thank you. And to me, it's way more than aside. The exception I took with Ag's banning were her bull shit warnings in the first place. To me this was the entire point.
    @amy052006 completely 100% agree which is why I sought the clarification, APOLOGIZED publicly for it and to AG in PMs, which she aknowledged receiving, and even stated publicly that I had removed those warnings. The thread is a few pages back. I know with the new baby, AG is mostly mobile and was not getting any of my PMs so I tagged her in a post letting her know she had PMs from me. That is where you will find all of this.

• Options
    Thank you for the respectful discussion, @amy052006, we're cool. :)

I will also be back tomorrow and every day after if this conversation needs to continue.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"