February 2014 Moms
Options

Hey! F14 Gift Exchangers.....

Re: Hey! F14 Gift Exchangers.....

• Options
    I was just planning out my purchases/projects... It is entirely possible I have enough craft stuff here to do at least one or 2 of the projects I have in mind. But, then I need to figure out what it's 'worth' is--because to me, it would seem 'free'! Maybe a loophole to the $20?! ;)

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    ETA* nevermind it isnt showing up. its a cool widget for elfster showing the update feed...oh well, i tried

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Talking to DH last night.  

DH: "What are you doing on your phone?  Talking to your mom friends?"
    Me: "Yep!  We are all excited about our Secret Santa, names were drawn today!"
    DH: **crickets** "So you are exchanging gifts with someone you've never met?"

He just doesn't understand. 

DH had a very similar reaction.  He doesn't understand why I am so excited.

This is why I did not tell the OH :)
  • Options

I was just planning out my purchases/projects... It is entirely possible I have enough craft stuff here to do at least one or 2 of the projects I have in mind. But, then I need to figure out what it's 'worth' is--because to me, it would seem 'free'! Maybe a loophole to the $20?! ;)

I fully intend to buy a $20 gift and make something. I already have the materials, so I'm not counting it against my total.
    +1 to this! ;)

Well that's freaking awesome! I wish I were crafty so I could do that too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    elf828 said:

I think I'm doing it wrong - I am getting supplies for my SS gift (hence the craft stores poll) and I am getting enough of everything so I can make myself one. I really like my idea!

I am starting a project with items I already have. I just told DH if this doesn't end up like how I am picturing in my head, I may keep it for LO and try again!!

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

• Options
    I know who my secret santa is!!!
  • Options
    ^^^^Just kidding. But I really want to hire Detective @codypup and use her tracking skills.

This is driving me nuts! In a good way. 8-}
  • Options
    I'm torn on the direct shipping... prime free is hard to pass up.

I hate paying for shipping!! I'm thinking of *gasp* going to an actual store and buying the item. But I don't have American Amazon. I guess I could order from Target because free shipping? But then it wouldn't be wrapped. This is so tricky!

Maybe if we receive our gift from Amazon Santa we could sweet talk a friend or SO into wrapping it? Putting an Amazon box under the tree isn't as fun
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    My person will know who their SS was anyway as I'm the only one shipping from UK :)
  • Options
    I found something cute on amazon, and it's not on anyone's wish list. It seems to be the concensus that no one cares about what's on their lists, we all just want to be surprised right?

I agree with that. I say go for it!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm torn on the direct shipping... prime free is hard to pass up.

I hate paying for shipping!! I'm thinking of *gasp* going to an actual store and buying the item. But I don't have American Amazon. I guess I could order from Target because free shipping? But then it wouldn't be wrapped. This is so tricky!

Maybe if we receive our gift from Amazon Santa we could sweet talk a friend or SO into wrapping it? Putting an Amazon box under the tree isn't as fun

It totally never occurred to me to go to an actual store to buy the item(s)! I really can't stand paying for shipping so I'll probably ship direct. Heck, I'd rather up my gift by a few dollars in place of paying for shipping! That is more worth it to me.

Also, I'm sad I'm not going to get the item I really want to get. It's not a fun or cute thing, more practical and handy, so I don't want my person to be disappointed.

• Options
    I got my supplies today!

So. Freakin. Excited!
  • Options
    mummypig said:

I may or may not have purchased something that my Elf already has....does this mean I can buy them another gift?  :D 
    Also, this is the longest I have ever kept a "gift secret", EVER!!(I also make DH open a gift early cause I can't handle the anticipation)
    I am dying to tell someone at least, who I got... 

:-SS

I'm dying to tell someone too!

And I have the best gift ideas. I'm pretty proud of myself. I've found an amazing loophole in the $20 limit. >:)
  • Options
    Someone requested a profile pic of Em - so here goes :)
  • Options
    I like to think I am crafty, but I'm almost always really hard on myself when my project is finished. I'm 1/2 way through a project right now, and I can't decide if it's something I should give someone or not.

But then I have times where I am proud of what I made, however crude/amateurish it might look to me. My dad even told me that I should sell some of my homemade things!
    :\">

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

• Options

Haha @DisneyPeanut I was thinking you thought it was me hahaha.

@mummypig YGPM

• Options
    @BlueDot818‌ I was just coming here to ask the same thing! I finished everything up today, just have to wrap and ship! Although, I am afraid if I get it ready to go, and wait awhile, I will forget to ship it on time!

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

• Options
    I'm not planning to include the cost of shipping :)

• Options
    I guess I don't know how to check my messages? All I see is the secret q&a part?

• Options
    Thanks @mummypig! I did actually answer my private message that I got, but I don't think that my person ever did. How would I see their answer?

• Options
    i think i figured out what I'm getting my giftee!! squee!!!! I'm so excited, now i just need to buy it lol

• Options
    psk said:
    @ivedonethisb4‌ and @ramfan05‌ Maybe they haven't answered your questions? Click on their name then Secret Q&A to see everything they have answered. Sorry if I'm just repeating something you have already done, but if it isn't there, they haven't answered it.
    Thanks, that's what I figured. I just asked her again, in a private message, so hopefully she sees it this time!

• Options
    I have my gift(s) all wrapped and packaged and addressed.., just need to take it to the post office... Later. Hopefully I don't forget! It's on my dining room table, so I shouldn't forget...

dx PCOS 2007

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

• Options
    I would usually be doing all sorts of investigating, maybe next week.

I hope my giftee is someone who wants a gift closer to the deadline... not shopping for a while. 

F'14 October Siggy Challenge: Animals in Costumes

• Options
    I love the surprise of Christmas....even when I was little and knew exactly where my mum hid the presents I never looked!
    I get far more excited watching other people unwrap their presents than actually opening mine though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"