November 2014 Moms
Options

Membrane Stripped And Feeling Sick

So, I am 38w1day today, had my weekly check-up today and I am 4cm dilated. Last week I was at 3cm and had my membrane stripped and it caused me to have body aches, chills, and fever for a day and a half. I've feeling the same today, is that normal? I'm also having lower back pain radiating down my pelvis and knees ever since. I'm a FTM and have no immediate family here, scared & confused. Please Help! -Allie

Re: Membrane Stripped And Feeling Sick

• Options
    How come you had to have your membrane stripped? Just curious...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well ..I don't have any advice but I will keep you in my T&P!

IAmPregnant Ticker

First Met: March 13, 2009
    Married: September 13, 2012 
    BFP: March 4, 2014
    EDD: 11/25/2014 
    Three furbabies: Franklin (8) Amos (4) Sasha (2) 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That seems pretty early for a membrane sweep. I did it the last time around at 40 weeks. I didn't feel like you are describing, just really crampy with some discharge. I would call your doctor. That doesn't sound right to me, and I certainly wouldn't let them do it again.
  • Options
    Didn't ask, my OBGYN just said to provoke labor. I went to the hospital at 37 weeks but they found no infection, no nothing & they sent me home after monitoring me for an hour. Not sure if these are contractions, I tried timing them and they are pretty close. Every 2-5 mins for the last 3 hours. Spotting as well but no clear sign of active labor.
  • Options
    j3nnyb said:

Did you mention your symptoms to your doctor at your visit today???  Makes no sense to me why your doctor would even consider stripping your membrane at 37 weeks...

This. They usually don't do that unless you are 40+ weeks or there is risk to you or your baby and they want to jump start labor. I'm confused. Why rush your labor? I would definitely call your doctor ASAP.

IAmPregnant Ticker

First Met: March 13, 2009
    Married: September 13, 2012 
    BFP: March 4, 2014
    EDD: 11/25/2014 
    Three furbabies: Franklin (8) Amos (4) Sasha (2) 

• Options
    I Was Considered High-Risk And Induction At 38 Weeks Was My Original Birth Plan But I Didn't Want To Be Induced And Asked To Go Into Labor Naturally. Like I Said As A FTM and Completely Alone I Had No Idea What To Ask Or Refuse.
  • Options
    Y'all Are All Clearly Not Doctors!! Can't Believe I Went To Post Something, Wanting To Simply Have Someone Relate To Any Symptoms I Was Having. For One, Nothing Is Wrong With Me Or My Child! I Wasn't Being Selfish Nor Putting Him In Danger By Not Going To The Hospital. Second, It Wasn't A Dyer Situation Last Week Nor Was It This Week! Dumb Cunts! Who Are Yall To Judge Anyway Please Go Back To Y'all's Lives And Stop Creeping On Here Talking Shit To Mothers Who Actually Need ADVICE Not To Be Criticized! Seriously Fuck Every One Of You Stupid Bitches. You Can Go Get Lives Now.
  • Options
    Bitches With No Lives Will Reply, Wanting A Rise Out Of This. Simple, Simple Minds. All Of Y'all Probably Believe In Vaccines Too! Ha. The General Public Is Complete Ignorance.
  • Options
    Um, just wow. Good luck to you then.
  • Options
    MrsG1019 said:

My question is...how do you get every word to start with a capital letter? Overhappy shift finger? That's what I couldn't get passed...
    I legit would like the answer to this question. It would really help out at work. OP?
    @heisenberg‌ ...The PROPER function in Excel will capitalize every word in a cell. Because I'm a nerd that's the first place my brain went when reading this post, lol! I don't think OP is using Excel though ;)
    Ooh awesome!! What about Word? I hope there's a proper function in Word too!! Something good has come of this thread, people. :P

:D
    Mind blown!
    I would still like to know why capitalize every word and toggle are even a feature in the first place?!?!?!
    My guess would be if you were typing away without looking and your Caps Lock happened to be on, it would be an easy way to fix it without having to delete and re-type. Maybe?

• Options
    Woah?! What the actual heck happened here?! People are seriously crazy..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"