January 2015 Moms
Options

I passed!!

I passed my glucose test woohoo!! But she told me my iron count was pretty low so they have me taking some extra OTC iron for now. I really hope it'll help with all the leg cramps I've been having lately! *fingers crossed*
PS- I know we all love our donuts and I have to say eating one was my way of celebrating passing the test! Lol

Re: I passed!!

• Options
    Wow, we must have gotten the same phone calls today! I passed at 123, but she said my hemoglobin is only 10 and I need to start "eating red meat and leafy greens." Duh. I usually hang out around 11, although I know I've been "high" at 12.5 because I donated blood right before pregnancy. Here's to getting that number up and low blood loss on delivery!!! Congrats on passing!!!!!!
  • Options
    Me too!! I ate cupcakes in celebration. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh Lordy, that was perfect @honeybeee3‌ ! I love Ryan Gosling!!
  • Options
    Congrats!
    (Zoe Claire- born at 33.6 weeks- November 19, '14 - 5lbs 15oz)
  • Options
    Congrats to you! I'll have a donut after mine regardless, haha. I do mine next week and am dreading it (not the test itself just the possibility of failing). I failed the 1 hour last time by 3 points and I was so bummed out! Hoping it goes better this time. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @caitylady12   and  @elleswarth  I also got the same phone call.  I was very excited to hear that I passed the glucose, but she said my iron count was "a little low". She was not too concerned (she didn't think it warranted any supplements or medication)- she just wanted to check that I was taking my pre-natals and she said I should eat more red meat and leafy greens.  But I have also been having leg cramps, especially at night.  Is that a symptom of low iron?
  • Options
    mmur76 said:

@caitylady12   and  @elleswarth  I also got the same phone call.  I was very excited to hear that I passed the glucose, but she said my iron count was "a little low". She was not too concerned (she didn't think it warranted any supplements or medication)- she just wanted to check that I was taking my pre-natals and she said I should eat more red meat and leafy greens.  But I have also been having leg cramps, especially at night.  Is that a symptom of low iron?

It can be because of the low iron/hemoglobin, or dehydration. Sometimes other electrolytes being out of whack can do it, like low calcium, but in this case, it's likely either your iron or you need to drink more water. Congrats on passing!
  • Options
    My doctor called me Monday to let me know the lab didn't run my test in time. I had to go back in to have it redone. I had taken DD to McD's for breakfast since she had been super good over the weekend and DH was stuck at the fire station for 4 straight days. Waiting on the results with my fingers crossed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    @hamptonsmama That is terrible!  I was torture sitting there!

I passed too!  109!  I am surprised I passed seeing that my pre-pregnancy HgbA1C was 5.5 (a little on the high-normal side) and I generally eat like crap.

The bad news:  my white blood count is elevated.  I got the results online, and don't have a dr appointment until next week, so I am debating whether or not to call the dr to see if they want follow up labs or to just give me an antibiotic.  Hrm.
  • Options
    @soon2bejp‌ - elevated WBC doesn't necessarily mean you need antibiotics. There are other factors that can raise it. If you aren't even having any symptoms of infection anywhere, then they wouldn't even know what exactly to treat and with what family of antibiotics. That's why we're getting all of these crazy resistant bugs like MRSA because everyone wants to take antibiotics for every single thing when they're not even needed or useful.
  • Options
    I failed
  • Options

@soon2bejp‌ - elevated WBC doesn't necessarily mean you need antibiotics. There are other factors that can raise it. If you aren't even having any symptoms of infection anywhere, then they wouldn't even know what exactly to treat and with what family of antibiotics. That's why we're getting all of these crazy resistant bugs like MRSA because everyone wants to take antibiotics for every single thing when they're not even needed or useful.

Yup, that's why I also said they may want me to get follow up labs. I had a silent uti early in my pregnancy and really wouldn't be shocked if I had one again.
  • Options

Congrats! 

I got the drink yesterday & will be getting the test done early next month.  Feeling kinda nervous. [-O<

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My 3 hour is tomorrow. I'm dreading it so much I want to cry.

TTC since August 2011 Me: 31 DH: 33
    May-September 2012: Monitored cycles with Letrozole
    October 2012: Cancelled IUI
    April 2014: IVF #1 w/ ICSI
    ER: 4/15 ET: 4/20 Beta #1 4/29: 54 Beta#2 5/1: 90 
    1st ultrasound: 5/13 (6w1d): HB 103 2nd Ultrasound: 5/22 (7w3d) HB 151

• Options
    Congrats on passing!!!!!!! I Just had my 1 hour test this morning! Fingers crossed!!!!
  • Options
    Got my results today - I passed. I am also celebrating with a cupcake.
  • Options
    @TXUltraRunner‌ My three hour test is tomorrow too. I'm not looking forward to it at all!! Good luck!
  • Options
    I had my 2 hour test a couple weeks ago, and passed. I was so afraid I wasn't since I have the biggest sweet tooth. (I just had a piece of fudge as part of my breakfast, no regrets) I celebrated my passing results with rice krispie treats.  :P
    Congrats to all who passed and good luck to those about to take their test!

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Options
    Totally failed my 2 hr...gestational diabetes. Fun times :((
  • Options
    I passed mine on Monday with a 105! I was SO excited! Celebrated with a caramel apple :)

I also noticed in my online results that my WBC was high and my RBC and MCHC were low, but I'm not sure what any of that means and my doctor's office hasn't called me about the results ... hmm ...
  • Options
    I have mine tomorrow! I'm so nervous! My EED is January 31 so watching all these results come in has me on edge!

• Options
  • Options
    I passed my 1 hour test with 100 ;;)
  • Options
    @mrsmoose5‌ - High WBC can indicate infection, but it is common in pregnancy without infection (to a certain degree). Low RBC and MCHC are related to iron levels (along with a few other things). Mine are low, and so is my hemoglobin, as I'm somewhat anemic. You would have gotten a call if the doctor was concerned. I wouldn't worry.
  • Options
    I passed! Thank god! I do not want to do that again. ....high end of normal but i'll take it!! I wasnt given a number yet as i've yet to seethe doctor just got a call saying i passed just barely
  • Options
    I was told I has white blood cells in my urine and to start antibiotic right away. I didn't want too but ofcourse I listened to the doctor at the hospital, they sent my urine for a culture and it came back clean so I took antibiotic for four days for no reason! I was really upset. The nurse told me sometimes discharge gets in the urine sample and that's why you get an elevated WBC. But ofcourse you do have an infection it's better to take it seriously as the outcome of untreated UTI is worse in pregnancy. Goodluck!
  • Options
    Oops sorry for my grammar it's 5 am
  • Options
    This is me exactly! I passed my glucose test (95, and I even ate muffins that morning!) but my hemoglobin was borderline anemic. The nurse asked, haven't you been tired lately? Uh, yeah.. but I'm pregnant and I have a toddler, I'm ALWAYS tired! I had a big juicy steak last night with a nice side of creamed spinach. I do feel much better knowing that my thighs burn after walking up one flight of stairs from this rather then from them turning to mush.
    BabyFruit Ticker  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"