Special Needs
Options

School Evaluations due this Year

DS, 6, first grade, PDD-NOS, is due for his "3 year evaluations" through the school district this year.  Our ARD is in December and I want to be prepared with what I would like to request.  His last evals were 3 years ago when he was in preschool, and a ton has changed since then including the DSM.

When DS was originally dx he was done so through the school district and through a private developmental pedi, the reports were reasonably in agreement between both and I felt confident we got the correct dx.

What would be typical for evaluations at this point? Has had a Mullen done at the Dev Pedi last year.  Our private OT uses Peabody Motor scales so he has had that done recently, though the school may perform that themselves as well.  He has never had a Vineland done so that is on my list.

Should I expect or want something along the lines of IQ at this stage - we don't have academic concerns (other than writing).  Stanford-Binet?  Something else?

What about Battelle (which we had done 3 years ago too)?

Also - does anyone have experience with the school district testing to see if a student will "still qualify" under an ASD dx?  I'm slightly concerned because of the change in the DSM - I really don't want them doing a re-evaluation to see if he is will still qualify as a student with ASD, he is, and I want to keep it that way.  The dev pedi didn't see a need to do any kind of re-evaluation with the change and I'm good with that.

Anything I'm not thinking of?

Re: School Evaluations due this Year

• Options
    Perfect, thank you, I will check these out.

Who would be the appropriate teacher to do reporting for these?  The classroom teacher, who is gen ed, no training in sped and no real experience in sped either (newer teacher).  Or the sped resource teacher who knows my kid in and out since age 3? Or both?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"