October 2014 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

Where all your whines, vents, TPs, and f bombs are welcome.

image         image

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    I want to get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time! :(( DH has class after work today so it won't be happening today or anytime soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Lindzoid said:

Still. Fucking. Pregnant. All the rage.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    If I go past Friday, I will have been pregnant longer I was with DS. I will also kill anyone who points this out to me.
    When is your due date?

image         image

• Options
    I had part of a bottle of my favorite beer for the first time last night- it tasted like crap. What the hell??? I waited nine plus months for this glorious moment
  • Options
    It's my last week of work and I have to spend 3 out of 4 days working out of our other office instead where I normally am just so there is someone here in case a package comes in.  So far this morning I got stuck in major traffic, realized my yogurt is expired, have not been able to log into our primary operating system, my email was jacked up and took over 2 hours for me to get into (and I work for a freaking TECHNOLOGY company) and I realized there is a hole in the seam of my leggings...I want to go home :(
  • Options

@pnwlover‌12 Originally they said the 23rd. But more recently they said it was wrong and it should have been the 19th.
    Even going by the later date, Friday is still longer than with DS.

Ugh. That sucks. I'm hoping labor starts for you ASAP.

image         image

• Options
    My due date is today, along with a lot of other ladies sorry we are still pregnant! Anywho, if I hear one more time to have sex with my husband to make ds get here I'm going to scream and flip the fuck out!!! Don't you think I have already thought about that before today!!!! X(
  • Options
    Dani0329Dani0329 member
    edited October 2014
    DH and I mentioned to MIL that it would be a good idea for her to get the flu and pertussis vaccine since she will most likely be around the baby a lot.  She threw a temper tantrum and said 'I guess I just won't be around the baby then' WTF??  

On a positive note- went from 1 cm and thick on Thursday to 3 cm and 80-90% effaced today...yay for progress!

Are you having contractions? I ask bc on Friday at my appointment I was closed up tight. Went to L&D after 16 hours of intense contractions to be a fingertip dilated and softening. They were all happy to see changes, I was crying because I know how much pain it took to get there!

• Options
    My bitchfest is that I have now been having steady contractions for 32 hours, but not dilating enough to be admitted. I saw a falling star on the way to hospital last night and thought for sure it was a sign, but no. Now I'm scared to go back to the hospital, just to be sent home. They said to come back when I feel like the pain is absolutely unbearable.... That's how I feel during contractions, just not all the time.

• Options
    My precious new son is a committed screamer.
  • Options
    Dani0329 said:
    DH and I mentioned to MIL that it would be a good idea for her to get the flu and pertussis vaccine since she will most likely be around the baby a lot.  She threw a temper tantrum and said 'I guess I just won't be around the baby then' WTF??  

On a positive note- went from 1 cm and thick on Thursday to 3 cm and 80-90% effaced today...yay for progress!

Are you having contractions? I ask bc on Friday at my appointment I was closed up tight. Went to L&D after 16 hours of intense contractions to be a fingertip dilated and softening. They were all happy to see changes, I was crying because I know how much pain it took to get there!
    Yes- last week I had contractions for 24 hours straight that got at close as 5-6 min apart but weren't super painful and three days after that I was at 1 cm.  Over the weekend I had some on and off that were a little more uncomfortable, but not worth timing.  I did start using EPO after Thursday on the advice of my midwife.
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @bazingabee Boo!  I haven't eaten yet either.  DH used to be really amazing and would get up and get me a bit of breakfast before he would leave for work.  That stopped.

My baby only nurses one side a feeding and I was definitely having over supply issues.  My one side seems to have figured it out and the other hasn't and feels like I[m maybe getting a clogged duct.  Ouch.
    We are so excited to grow our family!
    DD #1 Born 10/3/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Cantisa said:

I want to bitch at my nipples. I just want to breastfeed pain free :((

This.

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options

Today is DH's first day back at work. He works 2nd shift so he just left. But I was getting myself around this morning and trying to time everything so DS was asleep and I had pumped so I could take a quick shower, and DH totally shower jumped me and got in himself throwing me off by an hour and now I have my hair up in a towel and DS won't give up and nap and just wants to be held and I need to pump again and I haven't eaten today. Basically, DH is a jerk and DS needs a nap and I need more time in my morning.

Its really hard having to keep a pumping schedule on top of everything else, isnt it? :(

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options

Lindzoid said:

Still. Fucking. Pregnant. All the rage.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    If I go past Friday, I will have been pregnant longer than I was with DS. I will also kill anyone who points this out to me.

Edit: missed a word
    I hope.....for all of our sanity....that lots of babies are born this week!!! I'm staring at the ceiling at a NST right now, really don't want to be back here on Thursday doing the same thing!

Labor dust to all of us!! FX
  • Options
    I am getting super nervous about breastfeeding. My boobs are sore now...and I still have a baby in my ute. What the hell are they going to feel like once a baby is attached to them and they are in milk production mode?
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH keeps complaining that C crys every time he tries to so anything with her. I think he expected a 6 month old to be born and didn't really understand what life with a newborn would be like. He goes back to work part time on Thursday and I can't wait.

Married 10/06

Baby Girl "C" arrived on 10/07/14 (39 weeks, 6 days)

• Options
    What does one do on their due date? You know, other than have a baby.

I officially have bought DH all of his Christmas gifts, except for two I need to order online...but I will just order those once he goes back to work after paternity leave so he doesn't see the box.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I officially have bought DH all of his Christmas gifts, except for two I need to order online...but I will just order those once he goes back to work after paternity leave so he doesn't see the box.

Jack shit. Yesterday I cleaned, watched football, and cried a few times.

image         image

• Options
    When my sister moved in, she brought her cat. My orange kitty hates her cat so much. He started refusing to use the litter boxes downstairs and was going the bathroom in my front room. We added an extra litter box upstairs and it worked for a while. Then we brought Sol home and my dang cat started crapping in that same corner again.

Last night I shampooed my carpet and this morning, I found two giant turds right in the same corner- right where I scrubbed. I can't even with this cat.
  • Options

I took a drive with DH and had a delicious treat (an apple pie in wrap form with icing. Omgomgomg) then I went to a friend's house with pizzas and we hung out. Sitting around was NOT an option because I would have cried and fussed all day!

• Options
    What does one do on their due date? You know, other than have a baby. I officially have bought DH all of his Christmas gifts, except for two I need to order online...but I will just order those once he goes back to work after paternity leave so he doesn't see the box.
    Working :(  But I'm about to leave early so I can go home and take a nap
    imageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Woke up and our new puppy was gone. I thought he was stolen or worse. Come to find out he got under the house. And in the insulation. He was stuck and I couldn't get my big ass and belly under the house to save him. Thank goodness my SO came home from work to get him out.

And. I'm still only a 1. For 3 weeks now I'm a one. Why why why. I just wanted to at least hear 2. Now I have an induction date. So 9 more days at the most. I just really wanted this baby to come on her own. I still have hope. But doesn't look good.
  • Options

rosalie12 said:

I want to get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time! :(( DH has class after work today so it won't be happening today or anytime soon.

I'd kill for 3 hour stretches. Try 45 minutes to an hour stretches. Consider yourself lucky.
    I'm sorry about that! I guess I should say I get 1- 3 hour stretch in the morning hours. I hope you can get some sleep soon, too!

• Options
    suncake said:

And. I'm still only a 1. For 3 weeks now I'm a one. Why why why. I just wanted to at least hear 2. Now I have an induction date. So 9 more days at the most. I just really wanted this baby to come on her own. I still have hope. But doesn't look good.

I have been at 4 cm and 50% effaced for over 10 days. My due date is Thursday. I went from 1cm to 4 cm in two days then 10 days later I'm still 4cm. Hospital won't admit me because contractions are constantly strong. I'm so over this today.
  • Options
    Why does it seem like my baby wakes up every hour and a half all night, but then all day long he sleeps so much I have to wake him up to eat and change him? And why can't I seem to sleep all day with him? I just can't bring myself to sleep except at night.

At this point each feeding at night starts to blend together. I'll wake up to his crying and think I just put him down and I'll think I'm going to go back to sleep and then I look at the clock and it's time to feed him again. And then I feel like a horrible mom for trying to go back to sleep. This morning I heard him cry and looked at the clock and I swear it was 9. He had just been up at like 7:45 so I thought it wasn't time for him to get up again yet. So I laid there but then he made noise again so I got up and started feeding him. I look at the clock a couple minutes later and it's after 10. Like wtf? Where did that hour go? Sorry if this makes no sense but I haven't slept longer than an hour at a time in days.
    imageimage
  • Options
    DH keeps complaining that C crys every time he tries to so anything with her. I think he expected a 6 month old to be born and didn't really understand what life with a newborn would be like. He goes back to work part time on Thursday and I can't wait.

Are we married to the same man? Last night I finally got pissed and said this happens every night yet some how you're still surprised by it!! I'm thinking about walking to the store with a baby strapped to me to buy some damn chocolate chip cookies.
  • Options
    Besides wishing I could sleep during the night without being woken up every 2-3 hours, I want some space. Both moms (mine and by husband's) have been coming over to see the baby all the time and sometimes they bring other family with them. This is the first grandbaby in the family, so I understand that everyone is excited, but I need space! I have to pump because she won't breastfeed, so if people are over, I have to leave the room. I don't know how to tell the moms that I wish they would visit less and I don't really have the heart to do it.

Oh, and my boss emailed me today asking when I plan to go back to work. Grr!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SaraML13‌ you are doing great! Keep telling yourself that they are unrealistic! It has nothing to do with you or your parenting skills!!

• Options
    @griffers‌ - I could have written that myself. Trying so hard to get her to switch from being up all night but I've failed so far. And I've also only slept at night with the baby. I need to give in and take some day naps but I feel like there is so much to do.

• Options
    I had contractions last night for 7 1/2 hours 4 minutes, then 3 minutes apart, had loaded our bags in the car, and then they slowed to 7 minutes for about 1/2 an hour, then completely stopped. Most of them were some of the most intense pain I've ever had, so I know they weren't BH.
    Poor DH had to go to work (we really can't justify him taking the time off when there's no baby) on just a few hours of sleep and I'm at home miserable and frustrated.
    My due date was a week ago and they couldn't get me in for an induction until Wednesday. So tired and over it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"