1st Trimester
Options

How are you announcing pregnancy?

Our parents knew the day we got a positive test but we're going to call the rest of the close family (siblings, grandparents, etc) right after our first drs appointment. For the rest of family and friends, I think we're going to have a portraits session done & announce it in a Christmas card. What about you?

Re: How are you announcing pregnancy?

• Options
    My brother just did thus cute video.. All I did was show our ultrasound picture lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HlL2UjUO8A4

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think Im going to send it out with Christmas cards too. Maybe I should put my registery info in with the card. That way my family can buy my Christmas gifts off my baby stuff list.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think Im going to send it out with Christmas cards too. Maybe I should put my registery info in with the card. That way my family can buy my Christmas gifts off my baby stuff list.
    You're kidding, right?
    No not kidding. I think it would be perfect!
  • Options
    Oh goodie.  The trolls have made it over to this board also.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We met my MIL at the pumpkin patch today and my 3yr old was wearing a BIG Sister tee shirt... this is her taking a picture and She DIDN'T noticed the BIG on the shirt. lol my SIL had to ask if she knew why my daughter,Jillian, was wearing that shirt. then she asked if I would explain....
  • Options

Gross!
  • Options
    No one said it was going to be a big production. I personally hate the gender reveal and over the top ways of telling people they're pregnant. However, I think it's incredibly rude not to tell family members and friends before it starts getting out or it's posted on Facebook, especially because my husbands brother did that to him (us). Every single person in the family got an over the top announcement and we were the only ones in the family who found out via Facebook. 

I don't have the time to call aunts, uncles, cousins, etc and I would like to let them know in a way thats at least somewhat personal.
  • Options
    amelyse39 said:

I don't have the time to call aunts, uncles, cousins, etc and I would like to let them know in a way thats at least somewhat personal.

I called close relatives and friends personally (the ones who don't live close enough to visit). I told the rest of close relatives and friends in person. I haven't announced on FB yet, but that's the next step.

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

You're kidding, right?

This is stupid. You don't advertise for baby gifts. It's tacky and gift-grabby.

FTM & TEAM BLUE!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Got my BFP yesterday and we told my parents, my best friend and my sister and BIL (we see them multiple times a week and are very close).

I will tell my 2 other close friends and DH's parents after we hear the heartbeat. DHs siblings will be told at thanksgiving and the rest of extended family at Christmas!

We plan on announcing on facebook after family is told my getting a sign for our dog that says "big brother status effective 7/15" and taking a picture.
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I called close relatives and friends personally (the ones who don't live close enough to visit). I told the rest of close relatives and friends in person. I haven't announced on FB yet, but that's the next step.

That would definitely be ideal but neither my husband nor I even live in the same state as any of our family. We're on the west coast and the majority of our family is on the east coast. We both have a lot of aunts & uncles, cousins, close friends, etc who we don't have the time to call (because you know each one will turn into a 30-45 minute conversation).
  • Options
    You're kidding, right?
    I didn't have a bridal shower & am not planning on a baby shower for this exact reason. I'll probably end up making a registry of some sort because my grandma and aunts will harass me until I do but that's it.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I had plans to have the whole "we're adding another pumpkin to the patch" photos done, but I've been too sick (& tired) to follow through. So, last night we had DS hold a chalkboard sign saying "I've been promoted to BIG Brother" and sent a text to our parents and siblings. We are waiting a few more weeks to tell everyone else
  • Options
    amelyse39amelyse39 member
    edited October 2014
    MrsMuq said:
    amelyse39 said:
    No one said it was going to be a big production. I personally hate the gender reveal and over the top ways of telling people they're pregnant. However, I think it's incredibly rude not to tell family members and friends before it starts getting out or it's posted on Facebook, especially because my husbands brother did that to him (us). Every single person in the family got an over the top announcement and we were the only ones in the family who found out via Facebook. 

If you're not close enough to people to make a few phone calls, why the fuck should they care if you're KTFU or not?
    LOL really? If I wanted to know who to call vs. who to send a Christmas card to, I would have asked that rather than asked how other people are announcing.  I have never been on a forum where there are such bitchy, negative women.
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:
    amelyse39 said:
    MrsMuq said:
    amelyse39 said:

If you're not close enough to people to make a few phone calls, why the fuck should they care if you're KTFU or not?
    LOL really? If I wanted to know who to call vs. who to send a Christmas card to, I would have asked that rather than asked how other people are announcing.  I have never been on a forum where there are such bitchy, negative women.
    You think it's incredibly rude not to tell family members that you're pregnant, yet you can't be bothered to make "all" those phones calls telling your extended family? Which is it - either you want everyone to know in a way that's not via FB or you're too self important to spend a few hours calling your loved ones?

Either way, you sound like a brat.
    And you sound like a self righteous bitch who thinks their opinion is the be all and end all. Bye now.
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:
    You think it's incredibly rude not to tell family members that you're pregnant, yet you can't be bothered to make "all" those phones calls telling your extended family? Which is it - either you want everyone to know in a way that's not via FB or you're too self important to spend a few hours calling your loved ones?

Just out of curiosity, do you know how to read? Because my original post talked about how we were going to send out Christmas cards to extended family/friends (i.e. second aunts/uncles and cousins, etc) who are still part of our family even though we're not that close with. Personally, I think that's a very happy medium. Of course, I'm planning on calling my grandparents, siblings, close aunts and uncles, and cousins but I have a full time job which prevents me from spending hours and hours and hours on the phone with people I never talk to. Why would I call all these people who I only have contact with on Facebook? Yet, they're still part of my family and I wouldn't be so rude as to announce it via Facebook before my entire family found out.

• Options
    You're kidding, right?
    How is it "gift-grabby"? Im saying instead of the stuff they would get for me get for the baby instead. Im giving up my gifts. Not grabby at all.
  • Options
    amelyse39 said:

MrsMuq said:

amelyse39 said:

MrsMuq said:

amelyse39 said:

And you sound like a self righteous bitch who thinks their opinion is the be all and end all. Bye now.

Am I seeing things or did you not say bye? Meaning you were leaving....
  • Options
    edited October 2014

I'm so glad I'm not related to you, OP
    I'm heartbroken  :-@
  • Options
    You're kidding, right?
    How is it "gift-grabby"? Im saying instead of the stuff they would get for me get for the baby instead. Im giving up my gifts. Not grabby at all.
    You're not close enough with them to grace them with a phone call about the news of your now-occupied uterus, but you're soliciting gifts from them? Tacky and greedy.
    Where did @intotheknight say anything about not being close enough with family members to call them?
  • Options
    amelyse39 said:
    MrsMuq said:

Just out of curiosity, do you know how to read? Because my original post talked about how we were going to send out Christmas cards to extended family/friends (i.e. second aunts/uncles and cousins, etc) who are still part of our family even though we're not that close with. Personally, I think that's a very happy medium. Of course, I'm planning on calling my grandparents, siblings, close aunts and uncles, and cousins but I have a full time job which prevents me from spending hours and hours and hours on the phone with people I never talk to. Why would I call all these people who I only have contact with on Facebook? Yet, they're still part of my family and I wouldn't be so rude as to announce it via Facebook before my entire family found out.

If you never talk to them they aren't gonna care that you're KU.  I would legit chuck a pregnancy announcement from a distant relative, who never makes an effort with me otherwise, right in the bin.  It would however, give me the heads up for the inevitable baby shower invite. Which would also get the bin treatment. 

We called each and every close family member since we don't live in the same state as any of them.  The rest got the Facebook announcement.    
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:
    amelyse39 said:
    MrsMuq said:

If you never talk to them they aren't gonna care that you're KU.  I would legit chuck a pregnancy announcement from a distant relative, who never makes an effort with me otherwise, right in the bin.  It would however, give me the heads up for the inevitable baby shower invite. Which would also get the bin treatment. 

We called each and every close family member since we don't live in the same state as any of them.  The rest got the Facebook announcement.    
    But, but.... BUT the OP works full-time and is much, much, much too busy to call all those second aunts and cousins and uncles from FB! An announcement is a must!!!
    @MrsMuq you just keep going don't you? You're so tough behind that keyboard.  =D>

@allrightmeow- I already said I wasn't planning on having a baby shower because it's gift grabby. Not my thing.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    MrsMuq said:
    @amelyse39 - and if I knew you IRL, I'd say exactly the same thing to you if you said what you said here.
    I'm sure you would, sweetie. However, I tend to not associate with negative, bitter women.
  • Options

amelyse39 said:

That would definitely be ideal but neither my husband nor I even live in the same state as any of our family. We're on the west coast and the majority of our family is on the east coast. We both have a lot of aunts & uncles, cousins, close friends, etc who we don't have the time to call (because you know each one will turn into a 30-45 minute conversation).

You realize you'll probably end up talking to them on the phone anyway, right? Because when they get the mailed announcement, they might, you know, want to call and congratulate you? /:)

And honestly, if they wouldn't, then why do you give two shits whether they find out you're pregnant in a "personal way"?

Call your close family members and close friends. FB for everyone else. You can even use a cute picture if you want. Just my 2 cents.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited October 2014

amelyse39 said:

You realize you'll probably end up talking to them on the phone anyway, right? Because when they get the mailed announcement, they might, you know, want to call and congratulate you? /:)

And honestly, if they wouldn't, then why do you give two shits whether they find out you're pregnant in a "personal way"?

Call your close family members and close friends. FB for everyone else. You can even use a cute picture if you want. Just my 2 cents.

I think I'm a little bit biased about family finding out on FB just because my husband's sister did that to him. Every single person in the family got an over the top pregnancy announcement and knew weeks before it was posted on FB, but we didnt get one. We found out along with their 1200 combined friends list. I thought it was just incredibly hurtful to him and beyond rude. 

FB has made things kind of interesting. I am friends with second aunts, distant cousins, etc on FB that I am not close enough to call in real life, yet we always comment  on and like eachother's posts. That's why I feel like a phone call would be a little too much but a FB post would be almost like a slap in their face because they would find out along with everyone else on our friend list. Do you know what I mean? I'm not trying to make this over the top by any means because I personally hate the cliched announcement, gender reveal parties, and all that nonsense but I don't want anyone to feel like I didnt take them time to let them know before it was public news. Christmas cards are something we send out every year to family and close friends anyways, so why not include the pregnancy news? 
  • Options

You're not close enough with them to grace them with a phone call about the news of your now-occupied uterus, but you're soliciting gifts from them? Tacky and greedy.
    This. This is now how I plan on telling people:

"Guess what?! My uterus is now occupied!!" 

There are a few people who will really appreciate that language. I thank you. 
  • Options
    MrsMuq said:
    amelyse39 said:
    MrsMuq said:
    @amelyse39 - and if I knew you IRL, I'd say exactly the same thing to you if you said what you said here.
    I'm sure you would, sweetie. However, I tend to not associate with negative, bitter women.
    What, pray tell, makes you think I am bitter in any way, shape or form? Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word.....
    Bitter people come onto message boards and sit behind their computer screen as an anonymous figure and type out mean spirited and rude messages to someone who asked a legitimate question, to try to forget their sad, real life that they live. Seeing as how your first response to me included the word "fuck", how else should I think of you? Maybe pathetic might be a better descriptor than bitter.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

MrsMuq said:
    amelyse39 said:
    MrsMuq said:
    amelyse39 said:
    MrsMuq said:
    What, pray tell, makes you think I am bitter in any way, shape or form? Perhaps you don't understand the meaning of the word.....
    Bitter people come onto message boards and sit behind their computer screen as an anonymous figure and type out mean spirited and rude messages to someone who asked a legitimate question, to try to forget their sad, real life that they live. Seeing as how your first response to me included the word "fuck", how else should I think of you? Maybe pathetic might be a better descriptor than bitter.
    LOL. This is entertainment, pure and simple, chickadee. But the butthurt you're oozing is quite strong. Every time you come back to defend (poorly, I might add) is just more fodder for the fire.

Do you even have any friends in real life? Or do you just live on a message board and show everyone that you're tough shit online? You're so cool.

I'm not coming back to defend myself to you in any way. I just think you're really lame and it's entertaining me to let you know that.  8-}

• Options
    Ironically, all of our kids have been bron in different states. We jsut moved again and found out we are pregnant. Each of the three kids will have a sign saying "I was born in " and the last one will be a pic of the ultrasound and saying I will be born in this state.
    SS 6-13-99 DS 2-10-05 DS 4-28-08
  • Options
    amelyse39 said:

amelyse39 said:

I think I'm a little bit biased about family finding out on FB just because my husband's sister did that to him. Every single person in the family got an over the top pregnancy announcement and knew weeks before it was posted on FB, but we didnt get one. We found out along with their 1200 combined friends list. I thought it was just incredibly hurtful to him and beyond rude. 

FB has made things kind of interesting. I am friends with second aunts, distant cousins, etc on FB that I am not close enough to call in real life, yet we always comment  on and like eachother's posts. That's why I feel like a phone call would be a little too much but a FB post would be almost like a slap in their face because they would find out along with everyone else on our friend list. Do you know what I mean? I'm not trying to make this over the top by any means because I personally hate the cliched announcement, gender reveal parties, and all that nonsense but I don't want anyone to feel like I didnt take them time to let them know before it was public news. Christmas cards are something we send out every year to family and close friends anyways, so why not include the pregnancy news? 
    No offense, but I really, really don't.  I feel like you're either close enough to tell someone in person (or over the phone) or not.  And if not Facebook is fine.  We told immediate family in person (except BIL who lives in a different area).  Then news from immediate family sort of just trickled to the whole family.  I never did a Facebook announcement with either pregnancy.  But everyone found out eventually.  

FWIW, I have found out about cousin's pregnancies on Facebook and I wasn't at all offended.  Frankly, I'd find a letter in the mail slightly unnerving.  It seems like a solicitation for a gift.  But do what you want.  
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Gahhh sorry guys this thread is so two days ago. Conversation/opinions about this= over & I don't care. Goodbye.
  • Options
    amelyse39 said:
    Gahhh sorry guys this thread is so two days ago. Conversation/opinions about this= over & I don't care. Goodbye.
    Then let the thread die and don't drudge it back to the top of discussions.
  • Options
    amelyse39 said:
    shut upppppppppp jesus you're like everywhere i turn
  • Options
    amelyse39 said:
    amelyse39 said:
    shut upppppppppp jesus you're like everywhere i turn
    You need to chill out.

Let me guess, its against the TOU to tell someone to shut up?
  • Options
    I wasn't sure at first, but now I am... OP is definitely 12. 
    Close but I'm actually 13. So close...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"