Trouble TTC
Options

PSA Catfish on the Bump *please read*

I normally wouldn't do this, and I know it violates TOU to post a thread, but I think there is an important lesson to be learned from July 14 right now. If you can stand the tickers and photos in siggys, please check out the newb in town thread (almost 100K views) on July 14. They caught a catfish who stole photos of other people and other children to pass off as her own. It's a great cautionary tale for internet safety. That's exactly why I don't post photos of myself online anywhere (not even FB). Now, the user herself (and her ae) have been banned, but we all know changing an IP is not hard to do and she's likely to come back and intro somewhere else. She was on here all day every day, for over a year, so she obviously likes the attention she got on here. Stay safe, internet buddies!
Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole

Re: PSA Catfish on the Bump *please read*

• Options
    Jeez, that's upsetting.  Thanks for the heads up.  I also don't post photos on FB (or elsewhere), and got really annoyed that I had to untag myself in a bunch of pics a friend tagged of me last weekend. 

Side note:  Why/how does your posting this violate TOU??

I think it's only a violation if I actually post the thread. I just pointed it out. If I get a warning, it would be my first and totally worth it. People should have a head's up about this.
  • Options
    Why would you get a warning? What did you do against the rules? I guess I just assume that if I behave like I would in normal life I won't get in trouble here!

BTW I had to search a related thread where someone posted the link to get to it. Stuff starts to get real on the bottom of page 2...and the climax occurs on page 11 (if you're on a computer). Totally worth the last hour of my evening.

These kinds of people, the more elaborate their ruse, the bigger risks they can take in fooling others, and the longer they can keep it up, the more they get out of it. I hope she can find something healthy and less hurtful to others to replace the high she was getting from messing with an online community. :(

January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Apparently it's troll weekend, too. Shit is going down all over the place.
  • Options
    hrushka said:
    And there goes my Saturday night ... 

But seriously, that shit is creeptastic. This is the first time I've really participated in an online forum and I've always kinda wondered how many posters aren't exactly who they say they are. But after getting to know you ladies and sharing stuff about myself, I'd be pretty disturbed to find out someone on our board is a faker. 

I would be livid. I studied criminal justice in college (emphasis in law; I intended to go to law school, but changed my mind after graduation), so this is morbidly fascinating to me. OTOH, I would track down a motherfucker that fucked with our board. I have friends in high (law enforcement and IT) places and I'm not afraid to pursue it if I suspect it.
  • Options
    I read every page of that thread. I know there are people like that but I don't understand why. I barely have the mental energy to remember/keep up with what's actually going on IRL. I couldn't imagine keeping up a web of lies like that. If you are THAT bored in your life - do something to change it or go volunteer somewhere. Geez. Some people

Me - 29, DH - 30

Married 8/2008

TTC since 8/2013

9/2014 Progesterone test - Perfect

10/2014 HSG - All Clear

9/2014 DH's SA - Perfect

• Options
    lemonliz said:
    @hrushka, when I joined TB I lurked hard over here and on TTGP.  There was a BIG to-do that went down on TTGP where someone banned came back as an AE.  They came back as a different screen name and made up a new fake background story about TTC but got busted by people who started to recognize some of the behaviors that got the original banned in the first place.  (if I get some booze into me, I might be able to find the thread just for shits and giggles).  Anyhow, it made me wary for a while because it's all so entirely possible.  But eventually I learned that this board tends not attract the same fan fare as some of the others.  And IF even less so.  I mean, there's only so much fake backstory you can make up for a 3T and IF board if you don't actually know what you're talking about!  
    I was justing starting out on the boards when this went down. I recently reread a bunch of the drama surrounding the situation and her past posts LOL
  • Options
    So I'm assuming these troll people were lurking to see that the mods were leaving and decided to stir shit up? And go taunting a board full of women struggling with infertility?? I'm a therapist and have seen/heard some pretty off-the-wall stuff, but this is some really, scary, bat shit crazy behavior. The internet is amazing in so many ways, but it also really allows some people to reach a whole new level of deranged.

Me: 27 DH: 35

TTC #1 Since July 2013

Started RE Testing July 2014

2 HSG tests: Right tube is blocked, possible endo.

TSH elevated, started Synthroid 25 mg daily.

October, 2014: Femara 5 mg + TI ---> 3 follies on blocked tube side ---> BFN

November, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI#1--2 follies (on the good side), 46 mil. motile sperm=BFN

Nov-Dec 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #2 (1 follie, 76 mil. motile sperm) + Endometrin=BFN

January, 2014: Femara + Ovidrel + IUI #3 (1 follie, 38 mil. motile sperm)=???

New RE appt. scheduled for 1/14.

3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions

Mine: Lose the weight I put on from booze and cookies over Christmas.

• Options
    A catfish on The Bump?? What is the world coming to?
  • Options

A catfish on The Bump?? What is the world coming to?
    LOL if you weren't an AE (and were a newb), I would launch into my internet 101 spiel. 
  • Options
    Ugh. Disgusting and terrifying. 

I don't care if this is against the rules, thanks for posting the PSA.

TTC #1 since summer 2012 | Male Factor Infertility | IVF 2015
    "You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. For you alone I think and plan."

• Options
    I'm on vacation in Virginia right now (heading to the Bahamas tomorrow, flying out of DC). Came on here to lurk for a couple minutes. And totally got sucked into reading through that post. I'm in shock. I'd be so sad if one of our regulars was revealed to be a catfish.

I can't help but feel sad for the catfish. She must be very disturbed/depressed/dissatisfied with her life to invent this whole other online persona. Seems like it was an escape for him/her. Or she's simply just a sick person who enjoys having a whole online community of people swallow her BS. Either way, sad.
    **Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
    Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013
    First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
    April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
    May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
    June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
    July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
    August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
    August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
    November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    Also, what does AE stand for?
    **Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
    Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013
    First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
    April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
    May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
    June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
    July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
    August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
    August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
    November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    I spent more time than I would like to admit reading through that thread last night. That is just craziness. But that first post where she was actually called out....I couldn't stop laughing. Everything seemed to spot on, without even knowing that girl on the board. Oh TB....

***Signature/Ticker Warning***

March 2008 - DD born - no issues conceiving (surprise). Limited issues during pregnancy/delivery.
    June 2011 - Married DH.
    June 2013 - Diagnosis of Endometriosis and PCOS (approximate).
    December 2013 - First cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    January 2014 - 2nd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    February 2014 - 3rd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    March 2014 - Took month off to prep for surgery
    April 2014 - Laporoscopy for endo. Unable to remove endo due to too close of proximity to ureter. HSG done as well. Fillopian tubes open.
    May 2014 - 1st round of Femara. Positive OPK. BFN.
    June 2014 - 2nd round of Femara. Moved to RE to have CD10 Follicular U/S. No Follies in left ovary. 5 follies in right. Largest follie 8mm, 1 7mm, 2 3mm, 1 2mm. Positive OPK on day of U/S. BFN. DH has SA done at this time - All results within normal limits.
    July 2014 - 3rd round of Femara. CD10 Follicular U/S. No follies in left ovary. 7 follies in right. 1 20mm, 1 12mm, 1 10mm, 4 <5mm. Scheduled for IUI. Canceled due to low estrogen level of 145. TI this month. Prepping for Injectables next month. BFN.
    August 2014 - CD3 BW Normal. Injectables not happening because of stupid miscommunication about "required injectables class." Taking class this month. No medication. TI for the month. SIS scheduled for 8/7/14. SIS results - "I have a beautiful uterus." Huzzah!
    September 2014 - Cycle cancelled due to stupid AF coming early and making my IUI run in to DH's business trip. Try again next month.
    October 2014 - Injects with IUI cycle. 75U 5 days. Estrogen at 36. Bumped up to 125 for 4 days. Estrogen 105. Bumped up to 225. Ganirelix for 2 days. 4 mature follies. Triggered 10/9. IUI 10/10.
    BFP 10/24/2014. Beta #1 - 178   Beta #2 - 398.   U/S 11/7/14- TWINS!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"