December 2014 Moms
Options

Am I the only one NOT doing maternity pictures?

2»

Re: Am I the only one NOT doing maternity pictures?

• Options
    We weren't going to do them, but my sister offered to do them for free while we were all on vacation so I thought what the hell. We are doing newborn pictures though. I just wasn't going to spend money on pictures of myself.
  • Options
    Who says you have to pay someone to professionally take maternity photos?! I had my cousin grab her camera and take pictures of me. You can always google maternity pics an steal their ideas! My pictures turned out great!! Personally, I know I would regret not taking them. You'll only be pregnant with this baby once!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No, I see it is as a nice thing if you want to, but completely unnecessary. If you want pics of you pregnant dress up cute and have a friend/family member take some pics somewhere with a nice scenery/setting or have them taken at your shower. I didn't with my first and never regretted it- of course that was 10 yrs. ago and it wasn't that big of a deal then :).  
  • Options
    I am doing belly pics but nothing professional. Just me, my little camera, and a tripod to document my growth. I would love to do a preggo photo shoot.... but I rather save the money for a family one after the girls arrive. Also, I much prefer holding the camera than posing for it. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I bet if you asked around a friend would do it for a six pack of beer or bottle of wine (or free) I usually charge a six pack of beer for crafts or favors if someone thinks they need to "pay" me for something. I'm having my sister do some when she's in town in a couple of weeks. She loves taking pictures and wouldn't think of it as "work".
    #1 DS 12/13/14
    #2 DD 7/1/17
    EDD 2/29/20 MC 7/19/19
    #3 EDD 5/29/19
  • Options
    I'm not doing them. DH and I aren't really interested.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm not either! I don't understand what you do with them? Where would you hang/put them?! I'd rather spend the money on newborn pictures, 1st picture with Santa, and odds n ends still left to buy.
  • Options
    I used to think I would. But I haven't liked any pics of me in months, so why spend the money. I don't need evidence & reminders of being this large & in charge.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    Nope, money was an issue for us too.  Besides, I'd rather have baby photos than trying to find a good time for me to look great during pregnancy :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm not doing them either.  I'd also rather use the $ for nb/family pics after she is here and I absolutely hate having pictures of taken of just myself.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ain't nobody got time for that lol
  • Options
    I originally wanted them done. I was all about it. I thought it would be great for memories. But I've always been self conscious about my body. Now being pregnant, even though everyone tells me I look great, I still don't have the confidence to do them. I don't think I'll regret my decision though. Good luck.
  • Options
    My mom did ours and will probably do the new born pictures too. I likes the idea of having them but I didn't want to be super big in them so I did them early on. Around the time I started showing (I know that helps a ton we're all getting so close now!) I do however love snapping a few pictures of me when I'm "all dressed up" and feel like I look pretty good. It's really a what kind of person are you type thing. If you a picture person grab a camera and a friend and make a day of it. Leaves are falling and it's starting to look pretty beautiful outside. Just go outback and laugh and joke around for a bit. If you like them print them out if not delete them and no one will ever know. Either way it could be super fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"