August 2012 Moms
Options

At least A12 had no Catfish!

From July 14 BMB! I tell ya ladies, this girl posted daily for the last year. She was probably one of, if not the, top poster. This whole thing is completely insane.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12462811/newb-in-town/p19

image                   image       

Re: At least A12 had no Catfish!

• Options
    @saltypearl‌
    It's insanity. She actually did our BMB awards, and surprise! She won "hottest". We actually tracked down the person behind the catfish, and she could literally not be more different. And, you know.... The whole not having kids thing.

• Options
    Wow that took me two days to read you know since babies have to eat and poop hourly lol Seriously crazy crazy! Y'all have some serious sleuths over there.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh and @BPaws‌ how are your boys?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I didn't read it yet. But that sucks! I guess you just always have to have your guard up on the Internet. Why do people do things like that?
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    Msbean22Msbean22 member
    edited October 2014
    Oh lord, that was a read!

I am 10% sure that I am friends with someone who is faking a pregnancy. I met her through a chat group and we're fb friends. A mutual friend from this chat group told me that he heard she was lying about it all. She has three bump pics - two full shots where she's 7 weeks and 9 weeks (not showing obvs, just a little belly that looks like tacos are the culprit,) and one without her head. 

Her one ultrasound picture has all the dates/names cropped out, but of course that could be a privacy thing. She's 17 or 18. Another picture is of stuff for her shower (posted by a friend, to her credit, but maybe she was helping with someone else's shower!) 

Also the tale of how she got pregnant is a little bogus and there is no talk about the father - but hey, still, likely legit reasons. Other tiny things here and there that likely have rational explanations, but I don't know. I'm a skeptic, kinda maybe.

I don't know. Maybe it's just because I don't care for her at all. 

edit: I just asked to see a new baby bump picture and she said her phone deletes her pictures. wat. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @CoUnTryBB1‌
    They are awesome! Thanks for asking! I would offer a pic ;) but catfish (I actually had my TB content wiped so there are no photos at all, anywhere!)! HaHa! We are settled into a nice routine now which is great! J is 3.5 months now!

• Options
    How do you get your photos wiped from TB? I stayed up way too late reading that thread. I got to where they found the real girls picture. Making written stuff up is one thing, that's bad enough, but to use someone else's pictures just seem diabolical. @bpaws what did you think of the poster? Seemed like a lot of people were wondering" her".
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    @SJandVA‌
    I begged a mod. I was going to delete my account all together, but she set me up. It deleted all my prior posts.

She was different. Way over the top with a lot of her threads. It was weird, she posted the same posts verbatim on BabyCentre for a few months as well. She was very sweet and offered a lot of support to other users going through things.... It wasn't out of left field, but the degree to which it was all made up was ridiculous. I read the texts from the "real girl" and it was just insane. You could tell she was trying for sympathy..... But it's so bizarre to me that she doesn't even have kids. She posted in our MOTN threads and had input on baby things! So weird!

• Options
    Lol. No catfish that we KNOW of.

Am totally bookmarking this to read later. I love a good catfish story!
  • Options
    Wow, how crazy! Very impressed with that bumpie that caught on!

Thanks for the entertainment and glad the boys are doing well @BPaws‌ !
  • Options
    I'm with @thumbswayup - I'm all about hobbies, but man, that sort of thing takes commitment! 

(I'm still reading through the thread... crazy)
  • Options
    That was an insane read! I was kinda hoping the Catfish would have posted closer to the end. There was a lot of hear-say at the end, would have been nice of the person to come back and own up.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • Options
    Say whattttt? I don't even make time to post more than once a month. And it may even be longer than that between posts. That's crazy!

imageimage

• Options

Bananas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"