Pregnant after IF
Options

*~*~* FTM & BTDTM play date! 10/17 *~*~*

2»

Re: *~*~* FTM & BTDTM play date! 10/17 *~*~*

• Options
    @Ashris13‌
    I got a cheap waterproof cover from wal mart for my mattress because I was afraid my water would break in bed and that would be the end of my mattress!

I would suggest a cover for the crib mattress that's cotton on top, waterproof on the bottom. I think it's nicer for baby to lay on than having the sheet directly over plastic. I have three crib sheets and three mattress covers. If you find you are changing sheets frequently, I've heard of doing 'sheet lasagna' where you put everything on the mattress
    (Cover-sheet-cover-sheet-cover-sheet) so you just whip off the top set and you're good to go! Seems like a good idea to me! I never used it since A rarely leaked at night.

Babies should not use medications that can go in humidifiers because it can suppress their breathing, so no to the medicine cup ;) a cool mist humidifier is all you need. Make sure you get one that's easy to clean and can dry completely to avoid mold issues.

An awesome water bottle, especially if breastfeeding! Get a spot set up! Mine was a comfy spot on the couch where I could watch tv, had a table right next to me with snacks, extra boob pads, my water bottle, and my boppy pillow within reaching distance. You spend a lot of time nursing with a newbie and a comfy spot is a must!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cloth diapers- I took a cloth diapering class put on by a local boutique and it was very informative. From this class I decided it wasn't for me.

Epidural- it's just the sting from the numbing shot that you feel. I also had a spinal. I had to have it laying down on my side which was a little hard to curl up being in labor and super pregnant but we made it work.

Stuff for mom- take everything you use from the hospital home. The peri bottle, pads. Also get stool softener when you get your prescriptions. I know my hospital does not provide nursing pads, so I made sure to bring my own. I agree about a water bottle, I always have mine with me.

Nursing- I've had an amazing supply both times thankfully. I remember it was painful starting out with Ds but so worth it. With the twins I just started having them latch and its a little painful but I know it will get easier. Just make sure to stay hydrated and remember to eat.

Pediatrician- I love ours. We actually asked the NICU Drs who they reccomend and his name was brought up. He is very personable and good with all my questions. Sometimes he can be too thorough with explanations but I like that.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Options
    @Ashris13‌  Not a BTDT but here's what I did in case it's helpful- for baby's crib, I got these thin, flat waterproof pads from BRU plus a non-waterproof cotton mattress pad.  The crib mattress is waterproof but I figured adding a mattress pad would make it more comfortable for the baby.  So on the crib I have the mattress pad, plus a waterproof layer, plus a sheet on top.  The waterproof pads come in packs of 2, so I currently have 1 on the crib and 1 underneath of me, under the fitted sheet over our mattress just in case my water breaks at night.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    So, I'll try to hit some highlights:

Breastfeeding - For me, it never hurt but it was just too big of a pain in the a** so after my first I didn't breastfeed the next three and I won't breastfeed this baby either.  I had low supply which I tried to fix but it just never was enough and my son was losing weight.  After months of taking pills and the worst, pumping after every feed, I was done.  I was spending all my time feeding the baby and then pumping.  I have loved bottle feeding, find it much easier and less stressful and have never looked back or regretted my decision to not breastfeed.

Classes - I took a just generic birthing class which included some info on newborn care.  I think it helped my husband more than me but I found it helpful as well.  I had zero idea that sometimes little boys are born with VERY swollen testicles so that was good info to have before my son was born with them.

Diapers - I've used Pampers Swaddlers with all my babies but then once they hit size three I switch to Luvs because they are cheaper but I've found more reliable than store brands like Target.

Flu shots - I'm probably not the person to ask this as I am pretty lax when it comes to things like this.  I hate hand sanitizer and will basically let just about anyone hold my babies. 

Epi - Awww, I loved my two epis.  I wasn't having super hard contractions when I got them so I didn't find it hard to hold still.  With my first I got a bad case of the chills from it and was shivering for at least an hour.  I didn't have that with my second, but that one also wasn't as effective and I still felt pain with it.  I had a little soreness in my back the next few days but other than that, no lasting side effects.  I'll take the epi over unmedicated any day.

Peditricians - I like that ours is about our same age and has three kids so he is sort of in the same place in life that we are.  It also helps that he's quite personable.  We picked him based on recommendations from friends.  They have good emergency scheduling and we also like the other docs in the practice (well, except one) which is important since you don't always get to see the doc you want.

Plus - size bumps - I've been plus-sized in all my pregnancies and have always developed a definite baby bump.  In fact, by the end, I am HUGE and no one could not possible know that I am pregnant.

Pampering - I'm not really the sort to love pedicures and spa treatments so my big recommendation would be to hire a housekeeper.  I can't even begin to tell you how much of a life saver having someone come and clean my house every other week is.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options
    jmorta04 said:
    Advice on BF from someone who FF... I was adamant about BF. I took the classes, read everything under the sun, and was fully committed. And then L arrived and I had zero supply. Not just like a low supply. I mean a nonexistent supply even with the tea and the cookies and prescription meds and pumping 8x a day after feedings. I had a great LC and all the support of family and H, but it wasn't going to "fix" my sucky boobs! So my advice is to stick with it, try everything you can if you are committed to doing it, but admit defeat if it is not working (this is something I still feel guilty about almost 18 months later!).
    I agree with this; I wanted to EBF; for at least awhile anyways. I had pretty much zero supply. I had to supplement from basically day 1 (not literally, but within a few days). I took tons of supplements etc. I worked wth a L.C. as well; it just didn't work for me. I ended up going to formula only when he was 9 weeks.

04/07/11- PCOS Diagnosis w/GYN. Put on Metformin (1500 mgs)
    04/25/11- 1st consultation with RE (Confirmed PCOS & Anovulation)
    05/09/11-HSG-All clear! 05/13/11-SA-Normal. Found out on 2/14/12, low Morph (1%).
    06/17/11-10 days of Clomid (100, 150) No response.
    07/10/11-03/20/12- 5 Injectable (Follistim) IUI cycles; 4 BFN, 1 C/P. (stims ranged from 11 days to 25 days)
    05/28/12-Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. 75 mcg Synthroid.

IVF with ICSI in June/July 2013 = BFP!. Beta # 1 = 123. Beta # 2 = 252. Due March 25th. Baby boy arrived March 27, 2013!

FET #1 - 10/4/14 = BFP!! Beta #1 = 179. Beta # 2 = 499. Due June 22nd.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Cloth diapers: We cloth diapered for the first 10 months until our daughter was peeing out of everything. I didn't find the laundry cumbersome but I didn't have any fewer or more blowouts with one type over the other. I find it weird that so many people seem to use cloth diapering to define themselves as parents. I promise your child will not know or care. It is about what works for you and your laundry routine. 

Breastfeeding: We had a rough first 8 weeks. My wife would hold my foot and squeeze to keep me from yelping in pain when our daughter would latch. The best advice I have is to get professional advice early and often. If you can keep your child from injuring your nipples by latching incorrectly, they won't have to heal while being used every few hours. 

Epidural: didn't have

Bella band: didn't have didn't miss

Classes: didn't bother though I did have a doula who hypnotized me and we practiced that for five sessions

Pedi Office: We opted for a practice with late hours and Saturday hours and love our pedi. I hate that she is always running severely behind though. I dread that part.

Pampering: massages are lovely but if you have pain finding a chiro who specializes in pregnant women is a lifesaver and it is often covered by insurance!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"