September 2012 Moms
Options

UO

No time to check back today, but I'd like to see what you ladies have to offer.

Vampire/Zombie plots do not interest me in the slightest. I don't know if there are just too many or if our college "Interview with a vampire" 3 week study ruined it for me.

Re: UO

• Options
    I think I am out of UOs.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Well crap @Flamingemu‌. Let's just call this thread dead.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    miss50 said:
    Well crap @Flamingemu‌. Let's just call this thread dead.
    haha - I will think of some. I can channel my super bitchy, judgey self.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    I hate super long nails. I judge hard when you have them. Also, if they are not all the same horrible long length, I just harder.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    Most fake blondes do not pull it off as well as they think.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    I hate public transportation. People are gross and it is making me a germaphobe.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    Wow @Falmingemu for someone who was out of UO...... I LOVE anything vampire. I do draw the line at sparkly vampires though. I am starting to like zombies almost as much.

imageimage 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I hate public transportation. People are gross and it is making me a germaphobe.

I do too. This ruined it for me--

When I lived in Chicago, I eventually sold my car so I always took public transportation. In the middle on winter, h and I were on the bus and it was full of sick people. One lady in particular sounded like she was hacking up each internal organ. Eventually she leaned over and puked--I don't know what she had eaten before, but I've never seen puke look like hers. So, everyone got off the bus to wait for another to come pick everyone up. Sicko lady just hopped on the replacement bus like it was no big deal! Weeeee took a cab.
  • Options
    I love that cropped pants are in fashion. I no longer have to buy extra-long from only 3 stores for far too much money. Now I can buy pants anywhere!
    Unless they are capris worn with sandals, I hate cropped pants. I just feel like I'm wearing floods.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    Coupons and apps for savings are a PITA. Even though I try to use them, I know I'm missing deals bc I don't have the time to plan out my shopping trips that perfectly. I wish stores would just adjust their prices down across the board and eliminate all the hoops.
    I agree! Everytime I get a coupon I think great. Then when I go to the store I forget the damn thing or I miss the expiration date. So annoying! Not only that, I don't have time to hunt down coupons for the stuff I want to buy. I also hate that the internet price is one price then the store price is another. So now when I want to buy something I have to look up the internet price vs the store and get them to adjust it. That is rediculous!

imageimage 

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    Couponing is overrated IMO. Or maybe just for me personally. When people post pics of what they get it's a all boxed and processed food or toiletries. I could get into it for the toiletries but we've had to cut out all that processed stuff for DH's EoE, so it would do me no good. I wish you could coupon for produce and fresh meat.
    Someone on a local moms group just posted about Snap by Groupon, which actually has a coupon for milk (any brand), apples and kale. I always say the same thing that most coupons are for crap I don't buy.

• Options
    melody921 said:

Coupons and apps for savings are a PITA. Even though I try to use them, I know I'm missing deals bc I don't have the time to plan out my shopping trips that perfectly. I wish stores would just adjust their prices down across the board and eliminate all the hoops.

I can't even count how many times I have sworn I was going to write an angry email to a store because they have an app they encourage you to use to save money, but no cell service in their damn store (I'm looking at you Target!) It's so frustrating that I don't even use it half the time.
  • Options
    I can't even count how many times I have sworn I was going to write an angry email to a store because they have an app they encourage you to use to save money, but no cell service in their damn store (I'm looking at you Target!) It's so frustrating that I don't even use it half the time.
    YES! This happens to me all the time with Cartwheel.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    MrsKipper said:
    Couponing is overrated IMO. Or maybe just for me personally. When people post pics of what they get it's a all boxed and processed food or toiletries. I could get into it for the toiletries but we've had to cut out all that processed stuff for DH's EoE, so it would do me no good. I wish you could coupon for produce and fresh meat.
    Someone on a local moms group just posted about Snap by Groupon, which actually has a coupon for milk (any brand), apples and kale. I always say the same thing that most coupons are for crap I don't buy.

I have Snap, Checkout51 and Ibotta. I try to remember to use them. The nice thing is that I don't need to go there and look before buying. I check after and then load my receipt. It keeps me from buying things I normally wouldn't just for the $ back. So far they have been great. Not so great the Walmart price checker. Waste of time IMO.

• Options
  • Options
    Kissty said:
    Wow @Falmingemu for someone who was out of UO...... I LOVE anything vampire. I do draw the line at sparkly vampires though. I am starting to like zombies almost as much.
    I had to dig deep.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Options
    Couponing is like a full time job!  does anyone else need a second wallet just to carry around all of those stupid store card that - because every store has one and if you dont have it you have to pay slightly more for the same stuff!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    I actually have a UO!  The Ebola situation is very, very scary.  Somewhere in between the manufactured media panic, and the now "Ebola is NBD" posts that are circulating. 

It is a huge deal, but not in a freak-out-in-my-daily-routine-we're-all-going-to-die kind of way.  It's a virus that transfers like the flu, but has a very high fatality rate - which is absolutely terrifying.  If you think 'western medical care' eliminates the fatality rate, you're wrong bro.  Right now the only people that need to be taking panic-induced actions are state health officials to provide proper training to at-risk employees, proper quarantine areas, PPE, facilities with negative air pressure rooms, and proper trash decon and transport to incineration (each patient generates 40 bags of trash a day, filled with bodily fluids which are infectious).  Anyway............ I digress.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    And a lighter UO - a steak at a nice restaurant ($50/plate +) should not have anything on it other than salt and pepper.  And these places should be honest when pushing their special recipe on you - and say if you like steak, get the regular steak.  If you put sauce on steak, get the special recipe.

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    I coupon when I have the time. I use the store program to collect points and price match if possible. I religiously use those rebate apps because I can do it after the fact.
    I don't do hugely planned out trips, but I do save enough to make it worth my while.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    smb+jab said:
    Couponing is like a full time job!  does anyone else need a second wallet just to carry around all of those stupid store card that - because every store has one and if you dont have it you have to pay slightly more for the same stuff!
    Keychain App, use it

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Oh, I guess a related UO, I feel like when people get a coupon for something they use daily and can't be bothered, then their money problems are either not severe enough or they are so lazy that they don't get help from me.

Brought to you by SiL who went on and on how her neighbor have her coupons for pampers and she just 'doesn't want the hassle' - and then asked ILs for money because they are a 'bit tight'. Ummmm, no.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    melody921 said:

I have yet to receive a mass email forward that I actually find interesting (I'm looking at you, Grandma, queen of junk email).

OMG my mom sent me a mass email last week about safety precautions. I know I read the same one years ago and I'm not even sure if the info is valid. Then she sends me a text saying she sent me something super important I need to read right away. Since everything has been happening with my brother, I panicked and assumed it actually was important. Nope, just junk.
  • Options
    Our Target has Wifi - have you looked into that?  My photo asks me if I want to log into wifi when I open my app in the store.  Maybe that's my target app not my cartwheel though...I'm not sure.

I just always forget to look at cartwheel before I get to the store.  So if I do remember, I sit there scrolling to see if what I am going to buy is on the app.  I'm not nearly as effective at it as I could be.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:

melody921 said:

Our Target has Wifi - have you looked into that?  My photo asks me if I want to log into wifi when I open my app in the store.  Maybe that's my target app not my cartwheel though...I'm not sure.

I just always forget to look at cartwheel before I get to the store.  So if I do remember, I sit there scrolling to see if what I am going to buy is on the app.  I'm not nearly as effective at it as I could be.

I don't know about the wifi, I'll have to check. I never get on ahead of time. I like the Scan Barcode option to just scan what I want and add to the Cartwheel before I check out.
  • Options
    I have a UO. Don't preach about how bad boxed foods and things are for your health when you smoke a pack a day. I agree that it's not good for you but neither is smoking, smoking while pregnant and subjecting your children to second hand smoke daily. I'm so over the stupid.

• Options
    Hyaline said:
    I actually have a UO!  The Ebola situation is very, very scary.  Somewhere in between the manufactured media panic, and the now "Ebola is NBD" posts that are circulating. 

It is a huge deal, but not in a freak-out-in-my-daily-routine-we're-all-going-to-die kind of way.  It's a virus that transfers like the flu, but has a very high fatality rate - which is absolutely terrifying.  If you think 'western medical care' eliminates the fatality rate, you're wrong bro.  Right now the only people that need to be taking panic-induced actions are state health officials to provide proper training to at-risk employees, proper quarantine areas, PPE, facilities with negative air pressure rooms, and proper trash decon and transport to incineration (each patient generates 40 bags of trash a day, filled with bodily fluids which are infectious).  Anyway............ I digress.

To nitpick, not quite like the flu--flu can survive much longer dry surfaces, and you need direct contact with a bodily fluid to transmit ebola (suspended air particles don't count).  But yeah, you can get it from someone sneezing a loogie in your mouth, so comparison is fair if imprecise :)

My major issue with what's going on now actually isn't about ebola--it's that if some of these snafus happened with a virus that actually DID spread quickly, we'd be effed.

I think the bloopers we're seeing with nurses getting sick and potentially contagious people allowed to fly indicate that we are really not ready for an actual disease disaster.
    Well, technically each individual flu strain behaves differently than each other, including surface survival time and average titre required to infect.  But I stand behind my statement that this virus can behave like the flu via droplets, which can directly infect a new host or leave infectious residue on surfaces or other fomites, but there is also a high probability of viable droplet nuclei, which is why this virus should be treated like an airborne pathogen by those in contact with known or suspect cases. 

The cities that don't already have centralized biocontainment laboratories outfitted for patient care are getting them now.  They are completely biosealed.  We've always done research with Ebola in the US (a few select BSL4 labs) and a slew of other gnarly pathogens, but a live infected patient is an entirely different situation than controlled in vivo laboratory work.

I don't have any concerns in my day to day life.  I am washing my hands better and I quit biting my nails, because I was just begging for the flu with poor sanitation habits.  I'm not panicked, but I am just saying that all of these articles stating that Ebola itself is not so bad are completely wrong.  It is really bad.  The only part I can get on board with is that there is no reason for mass panic from the public - it isn't endemic here and we have the capability to keep it that way, but Ebola itself is fucking nasty and has the potential to be really fucking nasty if precautions aren't taken.  People shouldn't panic, but the state authorities should get a fucking move on some proper management facilities, PPE, and training (and they are).  I don't think people understand what a hemorrhagic fever is....  it's a hazardous situation for healthcare workers.  There is shit and vomit and blood everywhere.  A lot more potential for droplet/droplet nuclei transfer/projection than the common flu.  Wet droplets are significantly more difficult to penetrate decontaminate than dry surfaces - there are a lot of hospitals that are using the wrong disinfectants. 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    smb+jab said:
    Keychain App, use it
    I am downloading this now!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    MrsKipper said:
    @IndigoVader‌ what's an HEB?
    Howard E. Butt (HEB) the best grocery store ever, IMO. 
    That is the best grocery store name ever, haha (except maybe Piggly Wiggly)

• Options
    smb+jab said:
    key tags, FTW. Actually, if I were smart, I'd load them onto Passbook on my phone, but I haven't gotten there yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"