September 2012 Moms
Options

Wednesday Words

Random chat thread.  I'm not very creative with my alliteration.  Good morning everyone!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

Re: Wednesday Words

• Options
    I'm trying to make a concerted effort to eat less sugar, beginning with the random candy I consume without even thinking about it. It's hard. Right now, I'm telling myself it's part of my detox for this weekend's race. I'm hoping after a few days, it becomes the new norm.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    melody921 said:
    I'm trying to make a concerted effort to eat less sugar, beginning with the random candy I consume without even thinking about it. It's hard. Right now, I'm telling myself it's part of my detox for this weekend's race. I'm hoping after a few days, it becomes the new norm.
    I need to do this with nighttime dessert.  I have been doing it way too much lately.  I know once I stop, I'll train myself not to crave it, but I'm having a hard time stopping.

How much are you running this weekend?

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I came in early this morning to try to get my desk organized and prep for a meeting with my boss this morning.  I'm prepped for the meeting, but am not feeling motivated about organzing.  I did throw away an entire box of papers, so there's that.  We kill so many trees around here.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I second the trying to eat less sugar. I stopped on my way home and got cookies just for the hell of it. I wasn't even hungry. I just wanted something sweet. NOT HELPING my fluffiness, at all...

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    melody921melody921 member
    edited October 2014
    kelbel527 said:
    melody921 said:
    I need to do this with nighttime dessert.  I have been doing it way too much lately.  I know once I stop, I'll train myself not to crave it, but I'm having a hard time stopping.

It's a combo race weekend -- 5K Saturday and half marathon on Sunday. Then, I am going to gladly reduce my mileage for a bit and spend my weekend mornings flipping pancakes instead of running for two hours. :-)

ETA: In regards to nighttime dessert, one thing that has helped me in the past is to have a mug of herbal tea instead. I need to get back to that.

• Options
    melody921 said:
    kelbel527 said:
    melody921 said:

It's a combo race weekend -- 5K Saturday and half marathon on Sunday. Then, I am going to gladly reduce my mileage for a bit and spend my weekend mornings flipping pancakes instead of running for two hours. :-)
    Wow, big weekend! Good luck!  

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    kelbel527 said:
    We had a middle of the night freak-out in our house.  I woke up to our 4 year old screaming his head off.  I jumped out of bed.  As I got closer to his room, I hear him yelling, "there's something in my room!"  For a moment, I actually thought that someone had broken into our house and was in his room.  

It was a balled up bed sheet on the floor...

He apparently had a nightmare about eagles.  So when I tried to explain to him that nightmares are pretend and can't hurt us, he rebutted with "eagles are real though."  I can't deal with kid-logic in the middle of the night.  
    You said Eagles and I thought the football team, which for any fan could probably also produce nightmares this year.

• Options
    All my meals and snacks revolve around carbs. It's bad. Our dinners are bad. I am exhausted and don't want to cook. If I cook a good meal I just don't eat it. Blah. I'm the only overweight pregnant woman who continues to gain weight.

I finally stopped following my brother on facebook. Every post is anti vax. I stopped arguing and commenting. Finally I just stopped following him. Today I posted that I am far more concerned about those that don't vaccinate than I am of Ebola. So of course the one time I say something he posts "I guess if we come visit we will leave their son home..." I told him Grace and I are fully vaccinated so I'm comfortable as long as it's before the new baby. I just cannot comprehend his thought process.
  • Options

I've actually been really good about sugar lately. We have a bout 6 boxes of Little Debbie snack cakes (don't judge they were on super sale at the grocery store), 2 packages of oreos and enough brownie mix to last me a year. I haven't had any of it. I tell myself no eating after dinner. Of course I need to fit into bathing suits and not feel like a beach whale in less than 1.5 months so there's my motivation.

Good luck @melody921 this weekend!

• Options
    How 'bout them Royals?!?!  I love baseball and I am so excited with how well they are doing.  This probably doesn't matter to any of you though!

I forgot an employee's birthday yesterday.  I now feel incredibly horrible!

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    I have a high school student "intern" who is really supposed to be shadowing me 2 days a week, for the next 5 weeks.  So far, I have successfully pawned him off on everyone else in office, and there's only 12 minutes left in his "shift".

...so I acted like he would be valuable for market research for one of our Start Up companies and left him in the conference room.

I'm just not in it lately.

• Options
    @BPer have you heard about those jobs you were looking at/ applying for?

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• Options
    How 'bout them Royals?!?!  I love baseball and I am so excited with how well they are doing.  This probably doesn't matter to any of you though!

I don't watch baseball but you have the TCU pitcher so it has caught my interest and I'm hoping they take it this year.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

DH is a White Sox fan but he's been following them since the beginning of the play offs. I'm so happy for KC.

• Options
    Well crap, I went to Amazon to finish ordering James' halloween costume and they are now out of the hoodie in his size and the back-up tshirt in his size. Back to the hunt.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    All the things I've ordered recently are coming on Friday. This includes but not limited to 6 christmas presents, a Bluray player, point and shoot camera, 4 swimsuits and a winter coat. DH is home all day Friday. I'm at work, oops!

• Options
    I forgot about Halloween.

Shit.

• Options
    Also, Ben gave my mom pink eye.

• Options
    I bought G's costume. I thought for sure I would be the one to make one or figure out a cute thing vs buying.  I have some guilt over this.  And now I actually have to do something with her for Halloween. I guess probably a trunk or treat type of thing. Sucks that I am sure Dh won't go with. 1. anti social. 2 he hates Halloween This Saturday I can't and next Saturday I can't.  So I don't even know if there is anything for her to do or somewhere to go during the week.  
  • Options
    Traycen's Elvis costume has arrived, and it is hilarious. I cannot wait until this weekend! We are going to a trunk or treat.

I went to the doctor this morning for the headaches and vision issues. I passed all of the neurological exams, blood work came back normal. I am going to an eye doc today at 1. I had a med student do all of my work up, and then the doctor came in. He explained everything to her and she asked him what he thought was wrong. His words: blahblahblah tumor.

She seemed to think that it could be a list of things: retinal detachment, caffeine withdrawal, nerve pain on the scalp, residual side effects from the flu shot, or tension headaches. After I see the eye doctor today, I am going to drink coffee as usual to see if that helps. If not, she is sending me to get images of my brain to see what's going on. Needless to say, I am scared shitless. 

Also, I am not pregnant. Again. I guess it may be a good think since we don't know what is going on, but still upsetting. Thanks for reading my book.

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:
    Traycen's Elvis costume has arrived, and it is hilarious. I cannot wait until this weekend! We are going to a trunk or treat.

I went to the doctor this morning for the headaches and vision issues. I passed all of the neurological exams, blood work came back normal. I am going to an eye doc today at 1. I had a med student do all of my work up, and then the doctor came in. He explained everything to her and she asked him what he thought was wrong. His words: blahblahblah tumor.

She seemed to think that it could be a list of things: retinal detachment, caffeine withdrawal, nerve pain on the scalp, residual side effects from the flu shot, or tension headaches. After I see the eye doctor today, I am going to drink coffee as usual to see if that helps. If not, she is sending me to get images of my brain to see what's going on. Needless to say, I am scared shitless. 

Also, I am not pregnant. Again. I guess it may be a good think since we don't know what is going on, but still upsetting. Thanks for reading my book.
    Do you stare at a computer all day?  I was getting even more frequent than usual migraines, and like you, finally ended up at the eye doctor.  I was literally pulling the muscles behind my eyes straining to see the computer, and also forgetting to blink.  I've been wearing my glasses, and they're definitely helping.

I hope everything is alright!

• Options
    pharmer78pharmer78 member
    edited October 2014
    kelbel527 said:
    melody921 said:

My husband and I have been on an after-dinner nacho kick for the last few weeks...I've even found myself eating less dinner to save room for my nacho binge.  If we don't stop "4th mealing" it, I know I'll be in for a rude awakening once jeans weather finally rolls around!

Also @melody921, it always takes me weeks to change my food habits...like by the end of 40 days of lent, my taste buds finally stop craving sugar every 5 minutes!  Good luck on your race!!!!!

• Options
    @kdsmith43 hugs lady. Hope you get some answers soon. Sucks being in limbo and not knowing. 
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:

I was only liking the bolded...I will keep you in my thoughts for the rest of your appointments, I'm glad you're getting this all checked out.

• Options
    So sorry @kdsmith43

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    kdsmith43 said:

Oh girl... my heart goes out to you. Hoping you're going through extreme caffeine withdrawals and that's it.

And I know it's blah, blah, blah, but keep hoping and praying for that BFP. It may come when you least expect it. 

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    THere is a bomb threat at my alma mater today, my FB newsfeed is filled with alumni support, I'm so thankful for social media on days like today so we can keep in immediate contact. I hope it's nothing serious.

• Options
    @kdsmith43 I would try not worry.  I know easier said than done.  I have terrible headaches, chronic daily migraines and have since I was 17.  Once they send you to have the MRI or CT scan they should have a better idea of what's going on but there are many many treatment options out there and the chances of it actually being a tumor are really slim.  Plus there are million reasons / triggers for headaches. 

and as i write this to you i have had a headache at a pain level 8 for the last week, and probably will until my next treatment on the 28th. (I go every three months)  but no tumor for me.

I hope you hear some good new soon and hang in there!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you don't have any answers yet, @kdsmith43‌. Are you actively trying to cut out caffeine or did you just not have any coffee this morning?

Anniversary

• Options
    Caffeine withdrawl headaches are no joke.

• Options
    shiggybop said:
    @melody921‌ I'm pretty sure you're super human for running that much. I'd die.
    Haha, if I can do it, anyone can do it. I was once anti-exercise.

• Options
    MrsKipper said:
    I think I finally have Camden sleeping somewhat through the night again. I didn't deal with the 4 moth sleep regression with Nola, so this was all new to me. I was so exhausted for about 2 weeks. He's still waking to eat around 3:45 but that's so much better than what he was doing. I realized yesterday that I'm halfway to my goal of having 100oz by December 4 and I still have plenty of time. It's such a relief to know I'll have enough milk for him while we're in New Orleans. I really don't have anything productive to say but I'm feeling lazy while Camden is napping and Nola's at school, so here I am!
    Yay for milk stash! That's awesome.

• Options
    melody921melody921 member
    edited October 2014
    I bought G's costume. I thought for sure I would be the one to make one or figure out a cute thing vs buying.  I have some guilt over this.  And now I actually have to do something with her for Halloween. I guess probably a trunk or treat type of thing. Sucks that I am sure Dh won't go with. 1. anti social. 2 he hates Halloween This Saturday I can't and next Saturday I can't.  So I don't even know if there is anything for her to do or somewhere to go during the week.  
    Do you have any local parades? One of our area colleges does a trunk-or-treat this weekend, and it's actually on a Sunday. You might be surprised how many options there are.

ETA: Don't think I've said this already, but I LOVE your new siggy.

• Options
    kdsmith43 said:

I hope everything is OK and you get some answers soon!

• Options
    Am i the only one who hasn't gotten a Halloween costume for their kid yet.  Grant will not wear anything on  his head - so that knocks out like 80% of the costumes out there

I suppose i should just take him out to let him pick something out at one of those Halloween stores as we wanted to take him to Boo at the Zoo.  The kid is obsessed with the tigers!
    my read shelf:
    Sara (smb+jab)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)  

BFP 8/23/11 natural m/c 9/7/11 @ 6w BFP 1/16/2012 C-section 9/16/2012 Health baby boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"