2nd Trimester
Options

2nd baby... shower?

We are pregnant with our second baby and just wondering what people thoughts are about having a shower for the second baby? My mother says that you don't have a second shower and we really don't need anything besides diapers :) I just think that a shower is a way to celebrate another phase of life and another baby...

Re: 2nd baby... shower?

• Options
    Listen to your mom.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, you don't throw the shower anyways so I guess it depends if someone else offers to throw one for you. I would say thank you but decline and offer if they wanted to host a sip and see 2 weeks after the birth that would be really lovely. I doubt anyone will offer though considering its your second and you still have all of your baby stuff. Although showers are about "celebrating the baby" we all know they are really just gift grabs and it would be odd to show up empty handed.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    agreed with PP's
  • Options
    We have a party for every mom-to-be in my family regardless of if it's first or fifth pregnancies.  We call them showers but they aren't really showers- there are no gifts or anything.  Just another excuse to get together and have a BBQ/party and play board games and swap any hand me downs that need to be swapped.  We also do something after the baby is born.  And for most major holidays.  And of course the Random Tuesday BBQ... so really it's just an excuse to have a party.  If that's what you want I say let whoever wants to host it host it.  Just don't expect/ask/imply gifts.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Options
    If its a different gender then yes have another one..but if not i wouldn't have another one
  • Options
    I am pregnant with my second child and I have decided not to have a baby shower as I already have almost everything still from baby #1. I am going to have a welcome baby party instead after the baby is here maybe 3 weeks after my baby is born. And if people want to bring my baby gifts they would be appreciated greatly but we are not asking any one to definitely bring stuff.
  • Options
    @idani...really..second baby and its a different gender why wouldnt you have a shower im pretty sure if you have a girl now and your having a boy you dont have anything for a boy. If its another girl then no i wouldnt have a second shower..thats what most people do they have another shower because they are having a different gender baby.
  • Options
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and thoughts...this is my first...i have seen and been to second baby showers so thats where i was coming from..so please keep your name calling to yourself @idani that was not cool...we are all having a discussion..and everybody is different and do things how they wanna do it. :)
  • Options
    As i said everyone is entitled to their opinions on these forums..its not up to you or anyone to bash someone because of their opinion. As i said i have been to 2nd showers...im having my first baby. So as i said before my comment is from me experiencing 2nd baby showers of people that i know. Nobody has the right to tell me and bash me on an opinion. Dont get it twisted im way above that level..im going to say it again MY COMMENT CAME FROM GOING TO 2ND BABY SHOWERS PEOPLE I KNOW..I NEVER SAID THAT I WOULD DO THAT PERSONALLY. So before you bash and start name calling get your facts straight first THANKS!!!
  • Options
    Showers are for first time moms. If you truly want to celebrate your baby, wait until the baby can actually be there.
  • Options
    @tiffany1884 if all your friends jumped off a bridge does that mean you would too?
  • Options

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and thoughts...this is my first...i have seen and been to second baby showers so thats where i was coming from..so please keep your name calling to yourself @idani that was not cool...we are all having a discussion..and everybody is different and do things how they wanna do it. :)

@tiffany1884‌, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. But - what if I decided that something widely accepted as etiquette is not rude? I'm trying to think of an example - RSVPing to a wedding. Plenty of people don't RSVP, but proper etiquette (the customary code of polite behavior) says that it's rude. Maybe in your circle of friends or wherever you live, it is not seen as rude, but in general, widespread etiquette, it is rude.
  • Options
    Oh. Em. Gee.

Let's beat a /ded horse why don't we?

%opinion. 2nd showers are gift-grabby and attention-whorey. Andplusalso, why are YOU worried about having a 2nd shower? You shouldn't be throwing it to begin with!
  • Options
    I plan on throwing a dinner party (or barbecue if I'm too exhausted), like we throw a few times a year anyway, only with about twice the invitees (DH's friends and mine instead of one group or the other.)  To say hey, I still love you, but I'm gonna be a hermit for a while.  We'll probably use Arbor Day as our flimsy excuse.   

Calling it a shower or sprinkle or "baby #2 party" implies that gifts are expected.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • Options
    Well im going to have a second shower I know to everyone that's not proper but my son is 14 and my family wants to give me one and I am very happy for the much needed help.
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to sound like a prize and I know it's mine and my husband's responsibility,but my child is a blessing.Everyone is happy that we were able to have a child together after so long so I am more than happy and grateful for my second shower. No need to be nasty @PrimRoseMama‌ and @Bliss+Berry‌
  • Options
    What? No one was nasty. Just stating facts. It's only right that you are grateful for a shower. That is appropriate...

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I said she was nasty cause she says I wasn't a prize I think I am a prize ladies lol. It's the internet no hard feelings everyone is entitled to an opinion I don't know you guys personally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"