Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Micropil?? Any advice please

hiii !! i am a little confused here. I went to my 8 week check up yesterday and the best pill for me was the micropil. I haven't had a period, my pp bleeding stopped around 2 weeks ago.  I was told to start taking one a day, same time without any breaks even if i do bleed. Thats fine - but i forgot to ask how long does it take for the pill to be effective?? Never been on any pill before so sorry if its a daft question!! TIA 

Re: Micropil?? Any advice please

• Options
    My doc said to use other means of protection for the first month, and, like yours, to always take it at the same time each day. She said to use a back up birth control even if I took it just a few hours later than normal. I read online to use back up BC for 48 hours if you delay taking your pill by 3 hours.
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I only took it for a week and stopped because I had horrible side effects but my doctor said take it for 2 weeks before having unprotected sex. My old doctor said wait a month so I would call and ask since you don't get a period on it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I only took it for a week and stopped because I had horrible side effects but my doctor said take it for 2 weeks before having unprotected sex. My old doctor said wait a month so I would call and ask since you don't get a period on it.

What sort of side effects? I previously was told I couldn't take bc pills for health reasons but decided to give the mini pill a shot. I have a prescription but haven't started taking it yet. A little nervous about the side effects.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"