January 2015 Moms
Options

ways to have my baby early

I'm due Jan 18th I would like to try to make her come around 37 38 weeks so my fiance can be there do u guys think the doc can strip my membrane or what could we do own our own ? if the doctor says she's ready..?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    vjdk07 said:
    I wish I knew how to insert the popcorn gif.
    I'm due Jan 18th I would like to try to make her come around 37 38 weeks so my fiance can be there do u guys think the doc can strip my membrane or what could we do own our own ? if the doctor says she's ready..?
    Also, QFP. I get that you want your fiance to be there but good luck getting your doctor to induce for that reason alone.
    Gah beat me to it.
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    This may be the dumbest thing I've seen on here yet. Sorry I'm not sorry. I get that you want your fiancé to be there for you, but having your baby basically a month early to fit in to your schedule and needs is the most selfish and unsafe thing I've heard in a while. And also, NO doctor would ever agree to it unless you have pre-e or some other LIFE THREATENING problem. You may want to just straight up delete your post and hope others don't see it. Lord Jesus.
  • Options
    first off just let me say I'm new to this site and this is my first pregnancy first baby I asked this question to get everyones in put not for rude comments ..I wasn't aware that full term was 39 weeks someone told me diff.. I definitely wouldn't do anything to harm my baby I was just curious..I'm scared and I want my child's father to be there he leaves Jan 5th so we will just pray that everything works out smoothly thank u
  • Options
    Thank u Britt1406
  • Options
    Thank u Britt1406
  • Options
    elleswarthelleswarth member
    edited October 2014
    This was left on my "wall", courtesy of the OP

"Thank u for your comment but I thought this site was also for 1st time mothers to ask all the questions they want dumb or not ..so they can be fully informed and not to be made fun of I think u live for the opportunity to be an B@#+% there was no reason for you to be rude like that u act like I did something harmful already I just askeda simple qquestion because I was misinformed"

Yes, I live for the Bump, and for being a "b@#+%" on here. I have nothing better to do with my life. Seeing as you're new here, or claim to be, thats a pretty bold statement. And a dumb one. Just like your original post. Just because YOU were apparently misinformed is not my problem, nor does that make me a "b@#+%". You asked a question and I gave you my answer. Thats how these things work. Maybe you're new to the concept of the internet and message boards too. I forgive you.
  • Options
    for your info I don't like jail birds and definitely wouldn't choose to have my first child with one and I wasnt going to answer your question because you are being a bitch and I wanted to refrain from cussing you out he has to go away for buisness which we are working to get out of now he should be able to get back early so he won't miss the birth
  • Options

"Thank u for your comment but I thought this site was also for 1st time mothers to ask all the questions they want dumb or not ..so they can be fully informed and not to be made fun of I think u live for the opportunity to be an B@#+% there was no reason for you to be rude like that u act like I did something harmful already I just askeda simple qquestion because I was misinformed"

Yes, I live for the Bump, and for being a bitch on here. I have nothing better to do with my life. Seeing as you're new here, or claim to be, thats a pretty bold statement. And a dumb one. Just like your original post. Just because YOU were apparently misinformed is not my problem, nor does that make me a bitch. You asked a question and I gave you my answer. Thats how these things work. Maybe you're new to the concept of the internet and message boards too. I forgive you.
    That is amazing. I love when noobs come in and believe it's the job of the board to school them on incredibly basic info like what full term is. Also, that excuse of not knowing that 39 weeks is full term is bullshit. If she hadn't known that she wouldn't have called 37 weeks as "early".
    It's like people don't know google exists. Nope, just TB!
  • Options
    @babystandish I love your siggy picture! I'm gonna have to do a better one. 
    Oh ya it def has my vote already :)

And what a lovely shit show this has been for a Wednesday!
  • Options
    vjdk07vjdk07 member
    edited October 2014

for your info I don't like jail birds and definitely wouldn't choose to have my first child with one and I wasnt going to answer your question because you are being a bitch and I wanted to refrain from cussing you out he has to go away for buisness which we are working to get out of now he should be able to get back early so he won't miss the birth

Isn't calling someone a bitch a violation of the TOU??

@LadyXaverian @Icarriedawatermelon

Edited because your name is hard LadyX :)
    Me: 31 DH:36
    DSS: 15 DS: 7
    DD born 1/3/15

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    how do you know enough to ask about stripping membranes to induce labor, but not know that full term is 39 weeks or not have any concept that forcing a baby to arrive before they are ready is not the preferred choice (by doctors or rational people)?
    Because shes "new".  :))
  • Options
    longcat07longcat07 member
    edited October 2014

Yes, I live for the Bump, and for being a bitch on here. I have nothing better to do with my life. Seeing as you're new here, or claim to be, thats a pretty bold statement. And a dumb one. Just like your original post. Just because YOU were apparently misinformed is not my problem, nor does that make me a bitch. You asked a question and I gave you my answer. Thats how these things work. Maybe you're new to the concept of the internet and message boards too. I forgive you.
    That is amazing. I love when noobs come in and believe it's the job of the board to school them on incredibly basic info like what full term is. Also, that excuse of not knowing that 39 weeks is full term is bullshit. If she hadn't known that she wouldn't have called 37 weeks as "early".
    to be fair, i didn't know 39w was considered full term now...my son was born at 37w (he was definitely ready) and at that time, that was considered full term.  i'm reading now (thanks to this thread) that that's "early term" and 39w is full term.  ha, i actually might have known it if i WAS a FTM.  lol

that said...yeah.  being informed of your (universal "you") lack of knowledge isn't rudeness...and i'm a little blown away that someone would post a message like that on someone else's wall and then have the gall to call THAT person rude.  WTF.

ETA: also, i do recognize how lucky i am that my baby was born 3w early with no problems.  he came completely on his own out of the blue, and i was not ready for it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    YaMrWhite said:
    TOS violation? If not, you're walking a thin line here. I'd be careful with your word choices...
    I would call that a TOS violation... and we hadn't even gotten to the second page yet!
    I *think* saying you're acting like one may be okay, but saying you are one is not. Mods want to weigh in? (I remember that being debated on one time or another in the past few weeks)
    I think you're correct. 

You can say, "your comment makes you sound like an asshole", but you can't say "you are an asshole"

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    wow, a business trip.  really?  you're going to risk the health of your baby for a business trip?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    photo gum-chewers.gif
    BFP#1 EDD 04.20.2010, SUNSHINE baby boy born 03.31.2010
    BFP#2 EDD 12.07.2014, natural mc 04.09.2014 at 5w3d
    BFP#3 EDD 01.14.15, RAINBOW baby girl born 01.16.2015

photo quad_zps6309d559.jpg  image   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    jan'15 january siggy challenge: baby fails
  • Options
    britb618britb618 member
    edited October 2014
    Also, I'm confused OP, will your husband be gone on a business trip for three weeks? Agree with PP's obviously. You do not want your baby coming earlier than 39 weeks if you can help it. I also heard during my last pregnancy it was being thrown around by the APA or one of the other doctor associations of making 41 or 42 weeks full term so that people couldn't induce at 39 weeks unless medically necessary. Not sure what come of that though. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"