Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

When did you / are you planning to start solids?

2»

Re: When did you / are you planning to start solids?

• Options
    We started around 5 months. He's almost 6 months now and he's just starting to eat more. At first, he just ate cereal (very runny w/ BM). Now, the oatmeal cereal is a tad thicker. He doesn't seem to like store bought purees, so we are trying real foods such as sweet potato, avocado, bananas. I like BLW, but I'm not ALL ABOUT BLW like everyone seems to be these days. and GASP, I didn't wait until 6 months old. My child showed all the signs,so I went with it. I just do whatever works best for my child. Trust your gut, Mama's. 
    I also just went with the baby's signs.  I started my LO on a little oatmeal last week, he was 19 weeks...had doubled his birth weight, been holding his head for awhile sits well and will stop drinking his bottle to watch someone eat!  When I tried it (runny with BM) he didn't even push it out...pretty sure he's ready! We are just doing some oatmeal for practice for a week or so then we will move on to something like avocado's and Nana's ;)
    <<a href="http://lilypie.com/">Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Options
    We started dd on rice cereal one week ago today at 4 months. She loves it! Will likely start introducing meats next at 6 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm thinking around 6 months for the LO, which is very soon. Right now we're giving him some rice cerial.
  • Options
    I plan on BLW between 4 and 6 months depending on her interest in food. I'm glad that a few of you mentioned that 4-6 months is the recommended range not 6 months only. According to my pedi, more studies now are saying that 4 months can be a good time to start. I'm a researcher by profession and I do plan on doing my own research before DD gets to 4 months of course. It's amazing how much info is out there when you look for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"