November 2014 Moms
Options

Can we talk about lady bits? CLICKY POLL

2»

Re: Can we talk about lady bits? CLICKY POLL

• Options
    I have this set and it works wonders! The guard lets me trim the upper areas without having to shave it all off and then without the guard it shaves almost as close as with a razor. It's also waterproof so you can use it in the shower. I've actually used it on my legs before when I didn't have time to shave and although it isn't as close as shaving it is close enough to pass for day 2 after shaving and no one can tell! It has saved me because I am awful and really lazy about shaving.

Edited to add: I didn't pay $59.99 for it either. I think I paid $20 at Walmart :)
    I was going to post the exact same link as @tabatharose83. I have this trimmer and it is great. I got mine at CVS and paid maybe $25? Now, truth be told, I haven't attempted to use it in well over a month. I want to do some grooming before Baby Boy gets here, but I just don't know how. :-S
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the 70s bush club. Normally I trim with scissors but I've been lazy. Sorry OB.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Go in blindly twice a week (before each of my NSTs just in fear of something going wrong and me ending up having to go straight to l&d) armed with a razor and solely based on memory/touch. Haven't missed yet but I'm sure ill regret it when I do.

BabyName Ticker
    image imageimageimage

• Options
    So jealous of people whose partners help them out! I asked my DH and he laughed at me and told me to just let it grow out. But the long hair/big bush is bugging me so bad! Now I blindly try to trim it with scissors. It ain't pretty, I have to do it by feel. Tried blindly shaving, but ended up with lots of cuts, so never again.

I do not feel sexy whatsoever about my lady bits, but I'm not too ashamed of what my midwives think. They should be used to au natural 70s bushes....lol!
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
  • Options
    trim all over & shave sides, but only very rarely. But now I know I will have a repeat C-section, so I'm tempted to let nature do it's thing.
  • Options
    I'm an esthetician so I figured I would chime in lol. Waxing during the 3rd trimester is fine. Due to increased blood flow a lot of people are more sensitive but it is manageable. Just make sure that you have a licensed esthetician doing the wax and that they prop the bed up so you aren't flat on your back. Also using a hard wax, instead of soft wax and paper strips, will help with the sensitivity and healing time. And don't worry what it looks like going in. We have seen much worse.
  • Options
    Wolkie said:
    I just shaved down there for the first time in maybe 4 weeks and I have no idea how I did... just haven't had time or interest in getting a mirror to see how it looks. So basically shaving blindly going by feel and memory... LOL!  I am thinking of getting waxed soon. I wonder how many women in their 3rd tri still get waxed??
    I'm getting waxed. not just there, but also under arms, legs and eyebrows. Cause I'm being treated by DH to a day of "pampering". At least I'll also get a massage and a facial out of it and getting my hair done as well
    Wolkie Very sweet of your DH!!! Enjoy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    @SarahMaureenF yes and no. I asked the hubs about this once and he said generally no as long as it's clean down there he doesn't care most of the time. The surprising complaint I've heard is actually about stinky feet! I guess it makes sense since when you're in stirrups for an exam your toes are right there. 

The caveat for pubes was it can get messy when trying to sew up a tear so it's much easier when there isn't a big bush in the way with blood and other goodies stuck in it. 
    I shouldn't have read that while eating my yogurt.  :/

Anyhow, I see that.  I want to keep mine tamed (trimmed down) so when the blood starts flowing after birth it doesn't get...caught...up in there.  :(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I shave but it's nowhere near the consistency that it was before pregnancy. MAYBE once or twice a month, usually before my appointments. I don't like when it get's too long, things tend to get a little ... swampier down there. Sorry - couldn't quite find a better word to fit the description. :) And I do it purely from feel and memory and haven't cut/murdered myself yet. I have a hand mirror too to double check for places I missed. It's really not that hard.

• Options
    Okay, so I have a question for the ladies that wax:

Doesn't it drive you crazy having to wait for an appropriate length (1/4 in right?) to go in and get waxed????  I absolutely refuse to go in just for my lady bits, because who freaking cares if I am a blind shaver?  I have been interested in waxing from the waste down because I really just hate bending to shave my legs right now.  The problem is I get so OCD about letting my leg hair grow out that long in the first place!  How do you do it?!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mander82 said:

My bush has never been this big....its long and scary and I feel like I need to wipe extra well after peeing to make sure my hair down there is dry.....

So gross,  I hate it.....I keep thinking about using DH's buzzer.....but I would have to be sneaky about it,  or he would throw it away afterwards.   lol.....he can be a germiphobe!   

No way in hell an actual razor is getting anywhere near that area......I can't see down there at all.  

mander82 said:

My bush has never been this big....its long and scary and I feel like I need to wipe extra well after peeing to make sure my hair down there is dry.....

So gross,  I hate it.....I keep thinking about using DH's buzzer.....but I would have to be sneaky about it,  or he would throw it away afterwards.   lol.....he can be a germiphobe!   

No way in hell an actual razor is getting anywhere near that area......I can't see down there at all.  

I am with you my Bush is pretty big to
  • Options

Add me to the 70s bush club. Normally I trim with scissors but I've been lazy. Sorry OB.

Me to
  • Options