November 2014 Moms
Options

Can we talk about lady bits? CLICKY POLL

wildflower75wildflower75 member
edited September 2014 in November 2014 Moms
Ok, so at this stage what is everyone doing about their girly parts?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

Can we talk about lady bits? CLICKY POLL 311 votes

Waxing
5% 17 votes
Shaving
54% 169 votes
Nair or something similar
0% 2 votes
Nothing, never have
4% 13 votes
Nothing, due to pregnancy
26% 82 votes
None of your damn business
1% 5 votes
Special Snowflake
7% 23 votes

Re: Can we talk about lady bits? CLICKY POLL

• Options
    I just shaved down there for the first time in maybe 4 weeks and I have no idea how I did... just haven't had time or interest in getting a mirror to see how it looks. So basically shaving blindly going by feel and memory... LOL!  I am thinking of getting waxed soon. I wonder how many women in their 3rd tri still get waxed??
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    HAD been shaving but I can't see jack shit down there any more LOL. I will likely also blindly shave down there soon cuz it's getting outta control haha. I heard waxing in 3rd tri is not good...can't remember why...anyone else hear this?
  • Options
    I have been getting waxed.  I haven't gone in probably 6 weeks though.  The last time hurt like a b*tch and I was sweating bullets the whole time.  I need to go this week but I am dreading it. :-q

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I shaved this week (or attempted to) one handed while using a mirror with the other hand. it was probably about half effective.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just remembered: A friend of mine told me she has her husband shave her when she's pregnant... anyone else doing this?

• Options
    Shaved for the first time last week after months and months of not. Needless to say after looking into the mirror it does not look good. Not sure ill attempt again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HAD been shaving but I can't see jack shit down there any more LOL. I will likely also blindly shave down there soon cuz it's getting outta control haha. I heard waxing in 3rd tri is not good...can't remember why...anyone else hear this?
    Talk me out of it!!  Please!  Haha!  I don't know if I want to google it - I'm scared of what I'll find.

• Options

I just remembered: A friend of mine told me she has her husband shave her when she's pregnant... anyone else doing this?

Dh said he would. We have yet to attemp this though. It needs to happen soon though. He did trim it up for me with scissors a few weeks ago.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options

Talk me out of it!!  Please!  Haha!  I don't know if I want to google it - I'm scared of what I'll find.

Haha so I braved the world of google. Most say it is safe, but because of blood flow, water retention etc in pregnancy, it can be much more painful and irritable....can't be as bad as child birth, though, LOL
  • Options
    I had laser done so it's not as bad as it could be. Shaving about once a month but will be doing it more now that I'm going to start having weekly appointments soon.

Has anyone noticed if their skin has got darker down there and on their armpits?
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• Options

Ha! It would definitely make it shaving a lot easier. I jokes with DH to see what he would say and I got a big flat Hell no. Lol
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

nov 2014 

• Options
    I haven't been able to shave since BFP, skin has been way too sensitive.
    Was using electric buzzy trimmer but lost visibility about 6 weeks ago... now I have to bet MH to do it for me.
    I no longer have any shame
  • Options
    I used to get waxed regularly, but haven't gone in many months. Recently I just took up trimming. I'll stick with that.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    I usually wax and trim with scissors in between waxings but lately with zero visibility... Overgrown bush. Just this afternoon while wiping myself, almost shrieked in pain because the pubes had knotted up together. :-S

So... That's my sign I seriously need a trim. I don't think I could tolerate waxing. Either I get FI to trim for me or I buy a clipper and have him do it.
  • Options
    I stayed in a hotel Friday so I was able to shave because the mirror in the bathroom was so close to the shower and I could see haha.

Not sure what to do going forward...
  • Options
    So, Ic an't see it and shaving is scary to me, but I have a Venus Bikini Trimmer that keeps it tame.  I love it.

https://www.gillettevenus.com/en-US/products/bikini-trimmer/

I also have a line of hair along my tummy tuck scar (basically, they pull the skin tight and the pubic hair line goes up during the procedure).  I had most of it laser hair removed, but along the scar it still grows hair (so gross!).  I can't see that anymore either.  I tried to do it by touch.  Yeah I missed almost all of it.  My husband did that for me once and I will probably let him do it again, but I can't let him near my down under space...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I second the venus bikini trimmer! Keeps things neat and no risk of nicks or ingrown hairs.
  • Options
    I voted SS. I would normally just lightly pass a razor over the hair to keep it down, but not try to completely remove it. (TMI WARNING) Unfortunately when I'm pregnant I get skin tags and I have a big one on my labia, and I'm terrified of shaving it off! I've been trimming what I can with scissors, but I'm going to need to take DH up on his offer to help.
  • Options

I used DH's old electric shaver two weeks ago. I did the best I could, it was mostly so I wouldn't scare my OB =))

This is what I have done on occasion! I am too scared to take the razor in there blindly.
  • Options
    Yes ma'am.  My DH does it for me on the weekends and I am so grateful.  He loves doing it and did it before I was too large to see anymore down there.  

My eyebrow waxer did suggest that I attempt a Brazilian for labor since there's going to be lots of people down there.  I'm terrified of the Brazilian and it might make me cry and/or scream.  

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimage 
  • Options
    Shaving blindly hoping I don't miss a spot. DH wouldn't care though he's not down there inspecting with his eyes lol! :P
  • Options
    I shave once the hair starts to bother me.  Can't see so it's a big guessing game.
  • Options
    I shaved for the first time in a few weeks the other day. No clue what it looks like down there but there was no blood so I don't think I cut anything which is good! LOL!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers