Cloth Diapering
Options

Prepping used workhorses help

I bought 10 used medium GMD workhorses. They are in good shape but have EBF stains. She used Nellie's, BG and Charlie's detergent on them. I use Tide. Do I need to prep them any special way other than just washing them?

I've bought used GMD dipes before, but that person also used Tide so I just washed them a few times before using.

Here's a pic of the EBF stains.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Prepping used workhorses help

• Options
    Have you tried sunning them?
  • Options
    Isn't Charlie's not supposed to be mixed with other detergents? That would concern me.
    Other than that I would wash with 1/4 cup bleach, rinse until you can't smell the bleach, and then sun the stains.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Have you tried sunning them?

Not yet but I plan to. Just got them in the mail today. The previous owner said she has sunned them recently.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Isn't Charlie's not supposed to be mixed with other detergents? That would concern me.
    Other than that I would wash with 1/4 cup bleach, rinse until you can't smell the bleach, and then sun the stains.

I'm not sure about Charlie's. I've always used Tide. Anyone else know? I will try bleach. Thanks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lbs2012 said:

I think they just recommend using only Charlie's in your machine for all household laundry instead of using it on diapers and something different on clothing. We used to use this on everything and I remember it said to do a load of towels or rags first to rid the machine of build up from other detergents.

Good to know. Thank you.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NugsMomNugsMom member
    edited September 2014
    I'm just getting around to bleaching these. I have splash less, concentrated bleach. Will this work or do I need to grab other bleach?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is that like a liquid gel? I personally would hesitate using anything gel on my diapers.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    @Into+the+Kitty‌ it looks pretty liquidy to me, but I don't use bleach too much. I will just pick up some regular stuff just to be sure. Thanks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think as long as it's actual bleach (as opposed to color-safe bleach, which is not actually bleach), you're good.
    London Eye 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage

• Options
    @ElleBeeDub‌ who knew there were so many types of bleach? Not I.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"