Postpartum Depression
Options

Worried. What was your expierence?

I am 36 weeks pregnant (tomorrow), my baby girl is coming via c-section Oct 13th.

I have dealt with depression & anxiety for around 15 years now, the past...10 or so years have been much better just due to life changes, and medication (Lexapro is what works best for me).  However, when I became pregnant, with all the hormone changes, my depression got pretty bad again - I mean...can't get out of bed bad.  It's gotten a bit better as they adjusted the dosage, however we can't go any higher without risking harm to the baby.  - So I've just been dealing with it the best I can.
So here is my question, after the baby is born, and the hormones all change again, do you think I'm going to be at a higher risk for PPD?  I'm very worried about that, have any of you had a similar experience?

imageimageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    I have expressed my concern for it with my Dr.  -- There's not much we can do about it until it happens - Everyone is just helping keep a closer eye on me for signs of it.  As for switching meds... pre-pregnancy - before finding Lexapro i went through a series of different medications and none of them worked - many i actually had really bad reactions to.  So i am reluctant to try changing.
    imageimageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I guess there is nothing you can do then. It's just a waiting game.
    Good luck to you and I hope you get lucky and don't have PPD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"