February 2013 Moms
Options

Pooping while a sleep

How out of the ordinary is this for your child? Ds just did, which is odd for him and seems to only happen when having a food reaction. I just started to write he did not have anything new today, then realized this isn't true.... So food label recheck will now commence.

Anyway, my point being, I don't want to act like a crazy person over one sleep poop with no other symptoms. So please tell me your kid does this too.

Eta, kiddo had fpies, aka gastrointestinal food allergies.... To everything.

Re: Pooping while a sleep

• Options
    DC2London said:
    Rhys never does this.  Jack (my eldest) often does.  I suspect he has an undiagnosed food sensitivity.

Dd does occasionally too. But she is lactose intolerant, and I am pretty sure that is the culprit every time.
  • Options
    My son will do it occasional, but normally waits until he wakes up, I change his wet diaper, and he has a clean one on!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS does it occasionally during nap time if he eats lunch before going down. Normally he naps and eats lunch after he wakes and then poops. If we switch up the routine the poop part stays consistent.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    So I reread food labels and I gave him something with barley, which he is allergic too. :( I feel awful. He kept waking up screaming last night, but seems to feel fine this morning. Silver lining though, I have questioned for months if I jumped the gun by calling barley a trigger, since his reaction was very mild. At least now I can stop second guessing myself since barley is in EVERYTHING and at least I am not avoiding it for no reason
  • Options
    E often did, bit less so now. But he did almost every night until about 15 months.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    No more night poops here even if she misses her evening poop...which seems odd but then she does it in the am.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"