November 2014 Moms
Options

Bra issues

I am currently in pain from my bras.. So much so that I am sitting in the bathroom at work just so I can unhook it for just a couple minutes. This will be the 3rd set of bigger bras this pregnancy. The underwire is what is hurting me.

So my question is do you ladies have any suggestions for bras that might be comfy for me?

Or should I just get some nursing bras at this point? If so from where...

I suppose I should hook my bra back and go back to my desk now.
******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
 PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

Re: Bra issues

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I'm on my 2nd set of new, bigger bras so I feel your pain. Since I got this size a few days ago, I've been feeling the underwire more now. I've gone from a DD to an F :| That being said, I'd like to try a bra that is wire free but I worry the girls won't be supported like they should be :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on my 2nd set of new, bigger bras so I feel your pain. Since I got this size a few days ago, I've been feeling the underwire more now. I've gone from a DD to an F :| That being said, I'd like to try a bra that is wire free but I worry the girls won't be supported like they should be :/
    I tried on a few at Kohls yesterday and was very tempted on a comfort level... but 38.00 for a bra... I could not bring myself to pay that much... I still had some concerns about the support to since I am a D - DD...

Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had bra problems my entire life. I am currently at an F which is killing my back. I stopped buying underwire bras a along time ago. I have found some very supportive bras and they saved my life. They are made by Glamorise, I can only find them online. They make a couple different bras that close in front and support the girls. I love them all except for the t-shirt one because I can't adjust the straps.
    Make sure you go by their measurements because they do fit a bit different.

https://www.amazon.com/Glamorise-Womens-Smooth-Front-Close/dp/B00553XFOK
  • Options
    I just bought a nursing bra from Motherhood Maternity, since I've heard (and hope) that our boobs will level out after about 28 weeks? It's E with an underwire, and definitely comfy. $25!

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I invested in nursing bras with no underwire at about 20 weeks because it was getting hard to breathe with two big heads poking at my diaphragm.  Honestly, it was hard for me to find bras that didn't have underwire that offered support (my boobs stopped growing about the 2nd tri but I'm probably a 36D now) but didn't have a ton of material and thick straps (since I wear a lot of tanktops and shirts that are cut a little lower).

I hate bra shopping, if you can't tell.  

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm already a G (from DD normally) and have been getting my bras at Lane Bryant. At this size they're $50ish a pop but they usually have a buy one get one 50% off deal. Not chump change for sure but worth it to me to be supported. I went to a fancy bra store not long ago to see if I should just switch to nursing bras at this point too but they said it's best to wait til your last few weeks, if not after your milk comes in since sizes can change so much. And plus the nursing bras don't have wires which would not work for daily wear under work clothes right now!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Having the same problems. I am really torn too!

~~Signature~~
    Me: 36, DH: 38, Together since: 2006, Married: 9/2011 
    **TW Living Child**

BFP 9/19/20 - EDD - 6/1/21

BFP 2/2014 - DS - 10/2014

• Options
    I invested in nursing bras with no underwire at about 20 weeks because it was getting hard to breathe with two big heads poking at my diaphragm.  Honestly, it was hard for me to find bras that didn't have underwire that offered support (my boobs stopped growing about the 2nd tri but I'm probably a 36D now) but didn't have a ton of material and thick straps (since I wear a lot of tanktops and shirts that are cut a little lower).

Where did you buy them from?

• Options
    hidingangel82hidingangel82 member
    edited September 2014
    I just logged on to write this same post!
    I promised myself I would last 2 more weeks til switching to nursing bras, but the underwire has been digging into my belly and underarms, so after work today I put on my new Medela super stretch bra... aaahhh! I can breathe, no wires jabbing me, it's stretchy... this big chested girl is totally willing to go supportless for the last 6 weeks if it keeps feeling this good!

ETA words... cause I hit post like, 4 words in. Oops.
  • Options
    Stopped by target and picked up this dream!! Best thing I've ever worn.. I almost asked if I could wear it out of the store.. + additional 5% off with cartwheel! 20.00 all in.

Then I bought 2 of the sports bra like nursing sleep bras too.. PSA Gillian & Omalley nursing bras are 15% off with cartwheel! 18.00 for 2! They have some other ones too that are very nice but they weren't as comfortable as the pic below.

• Options
    I switched to my nursing bras (from my last pregnancy) a few days ago.  I haven't really gone up a cup size, but the band size just wasn't working for me any more.  My regular size is 32FF/30G, but my nursing bras are something like 34H (can't read the tag anymore).  They're a little big, but too big is way more comfortable right now than too small.  They're anita jacquard nursing bras, and are nice and stretchy and forgiving, I highly recommend them.
  • Options
    kikimeemeekikimeemee member
    edited September 2014
    OP, you are so cute -- "I should probably hook my bra and go back to my desk now." Lol

I'm afraid I have no helpful comments to share. I use bra extenders but I'm still in pain every day. I hate to say it, but it's just become very normal for me to have the pain every day. Like @silverwings72‌ also said, I've had bra issues my entire life, too, so I've almost given up on ever feeling completely comfortable in a bra. Or if I do find comfy bras, they're only good for a couple months before they're worn and painful. Bras are too darn expensive and the cheapie ones are useless on bustier gals.

• Options
    wildflower75wildflower75 member
    edited September 2014
    A lot of great suggestions here! I would also say that wherever you go make sure to get fitted/sized again. Some times we think we're a certain size and really we aren't...
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Options
    I've been sitting in my office with my bra unhooked all week! I ordered extenders which should arrive tomorrow thank god.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a 40B right now (was a 36C before pregnancy, WTF), and I just bought a couple size large Jessica Simpson underwire-less nursing bras from Motherhood.  They. Are. The. Best.  They fit me well and the saleswoman said they are supposed to fit up to a DD. And $28 isn't too bad.
    Baby girl N born 10/29/14!

**Follow your heart, but take your brain with you**

• Options
    I'm a 40B right now (was a 36C before pregnancy, WTF), and I just bought a couple size large Jessica Simpson underwire-less nursing bras from Motherhood.  They. Are. The. Best.  They fit me well and the saleswoman said they are supposed to fit up to a DD. And $28 isn't too bad.
    If you're worried your cup size got smaller, don't!  A 40B cup volume is bigger than a 36C.  If your rib cage hadn't gotten bigger from pregnancy, you'd be a 36D right now.  Basically your rib cage is 4 inches further around right now, and the fullest part of your chest is 1 inch bigger.  Sorry if you already knew this :)

• Options
    Side note: I originally thought the subject of this thread was "Bar Issues." And I'm thinking, "
    Ashris13 said:

Where did you buy them from?
    Target. Lol. I'm glamorous like that.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    fyreandbloodfyreandblood member
    edited September 2014
    I've had the same problem! I'm a 34D normally and haven't actually changed, weirdly enough. The ladies grew a bit in my first tri and then like, kinda shrank back. With bra sizes, really be sure you're sized correctly because that could be a huge issue. American sizes are SO OFF. This is the best guide i have ever found, and includes amazing resources: https://sameatschildren.tumblr.com/post/45962915522/do-it-now-guide-to-proper-bra-fit-and-measuring

Ignore the username. The writer is awesome!!

I wouldn't rec motherhood for bras, but that's because every single one i've bought has just killed me. Bravado makes awesome nursing bras, same with sonoma (sonoma in gen = heaven). Target bra sales tho =P~ Do you have any outlets near you? Sonoma and Jockey and other awesome undergarment purveyors generally have outlets and awesomesauce sales.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"