Trouble TTC
Options

Need HSG Info

Hey so I've been ttc 1 yr have been on clomid for 6 months and had 1 failed iui last cycle. Rearing up for my 2nd iui and we're going in for HSG tomorrow. Super anxious about it all.... does it hurt? Dr. told me to take ibeprofen 30 min before procedure. And then I'm kind of afraid to get the results... it's like such a mind game... If they are blocked that would not be good because wouldn't that mean surgery? And obviously no one wants blocked tubes when ttc. But then on the other hand if tubes are blocked we would have a reason on what's been preventing us to conceive and thus a different path to go on. And then on top of it insurance covers nothing...

Re: Need HSG Info

• Options
    The lifetime recommended max for clomid is 6 cycles. I would run from a doctor who may have just wasted all of those before getting a HSG. HSG was slightly uncomfortable. Take the motrin as directed to help with cramping. Good luck!

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    Ditto previous posters. I would venture to say that the discomfort and possible pain of the HSG (Ibuprofen is a good idea) is not your most pressing problem if your doctor put you on half a year of fertility meds and put you through an IUI without even knowing if your tubes and uterus were clear. I hope you are able to find an RE to take you through the next steps of this journey.
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @iPutKetchupOnKetchup no I do not live in NW Florida I'm more in the mid west... I think someone else has asked me that to. Sounds like there is a Dr. out there that also just prescribes without putting in all the work...?
  • Options
    ooohhh you took Clomid for 6 months before having the HSG?  Sounds like you need a new doctor.  Glad the HSG went well.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options
    Definitely get the HSG done, no matter what!  I had mine done 2 weeks ago and it was mildly painful.  It felt like really bad cramps for a few seconds and then it was over.  Even if it would've hurt worse, it's completely worth it to have the knowledge of what condition your tubes are in.  Good luck in your fertility journey and please please PLEASE get another doctor.  You deserve better care!
    Me: 25  DH: 24
    Me: 4th Grade ELAR Teacher  DH: Police Officer
    Married: May 28, 2011
    TTC 1st Child since January 2013
    1st RE Appt: 8/19/14
    Blood Work: 8/26/14
    HSG Test: 9/2/14
    RE Appt to discuss results and treatment: 9/8/14
    Shocking BFP: 9/27/14
    D&C: 10/17/14
    Benching myself until we fully heal
    Unexpected BFP: 1/23/15