January 2015 Moms
Options

If you're bored...

I was lurking around on TB and discovered a couple semi-entertaining threads. So if you're bored...

There's this saucy little thread on the M15 board...

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12442393/when-did-you-find-out-gender/p1

Also, there's this thread on the "dads and dad's to be" board. They are discussing whether or not they will drink their wives breast milk...

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12300673/dad-s-drinking-breast-milk/p1

Pregnancy TickerimageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Re: If you're bored...

• Options
    Oh man..  The March 15 sex ultrasound detection thread thingy...  I need to run and get my bingo card...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Someone named Prime has the same avatar as @ExcitedMama2‌
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lmao TB is the perfect cure for insomnia. Thanks for sharing the links those dad's are weirdos
  • Options
    lol the dad thread is great
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lol obvious troll. 

Not only have both my baby daddies had my breast milk, but I have also given it to three different friends in shot glasses, squeezed out right in front of them straight from the tap. On separate occasions.  I can be very persuasive.  
  • Options

Someone named Prime has the same avatar as @ExcitedMama2‌

I noticed that too!! But I think @ExcitedMama2‌ wears the koala better ;)

• Options
    Glad to see quite a few educated Dads in that thread. The dude trolling was so weird and gross.
  • Options
    do all the trolls go to some secret troll class we dont know about? I swear all of them use the same lines:
    "What's the gender??"
    "Why are you all so rude??"
    "And you call yourself mothers!"
    and one of my personal favorites...
    "This is like high school!"

those aren't trolls, those are noobs
  • Options

do all the trolls go to some secret troll class we dont know about? I swear all of them use the same lines:

"What's the gender??"
    "Why are you all so rude??"
    "And you call yourself mothers!"
    and one of my personal favorites...
    "This is like high school!"

You forgot "feeling sorry for your husband's and children! "

• Options
    We need that bingo board :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Another half hour of my life swallowed up by TB. But it was oh so worth it!
  • Options
    Ok, people may flip out on me, but understand I'm posing a question to gain better understanding.

I hadn't heard of the gender/sex difference until TB.  I mean, it's honestly just never come up in conversation.  And I did some research and understand the concept now.  So out of curiosity, I looked up the word gender in more than one dictionary, each one defined the word gender as being "sex" or even "The sex of an individual, male or female, based on anatomy" and similar.

So now, for my question.  Would a person using the word gender, to mean sex, be technically correct, while being politically (socially?) incorrect?  Is that where the difference lies?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @mandikins27 one of the places I saw gender defined as sex was in fact a medical definition, so I wouldn't be surprised if that is how they're still teaching it.  I don't think my tech said sex or gender, if I remember correctly she said, "do you want to know what it is?" haha.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The March one was posted on Tuesday- trolling tuesday- wonder if a different board was responsible for this?? hmmm...

• Options
    @SheHulk723‌ You bring up an interesting point. I'm curious to see what would happen if you posted that on that M15 thread?? ;)

@Britt1406‌ Haha I didn't think of that but it's definitely possible. If you're looking to stir up some shit, M15 seems like an easy target.

Side note: I heart J15 even more than I did before after trolling through some of the other BMB's <3

• Options
    The dad thread is pretty entertaining, however one of them was so creepy. My husband and co workers have all asked if they can try my breast milk...
  • Options

Also, what is the Post It thing? I have seen that a few times and I don't get it (showing my noob feathers, sorry)
    I just learned recently- literally a post it to keep track of sn's (trolls, stupidity, etc)

• Options
    Wow I can't believe someone would even THINK something like that let alone SAY it. That's just terrible.

• Options

Ok, people may flip out on me, but understand I'm posing a question to gain better understanding.

I hadn't heard of the gender/sex difference until TB.  I mean, it's honestly just never come up in conversation.  And I did some research and understand the concept now.  So out of curiosity, I looked up the word gender in more than one dictionary, each one defined the word gender as being "sex" or even "The sex of an individual, male or female, based on anatomy" and similar.

So now, for my question.  Would a person using the word gender, to mean sex, be technically correct, while being politically (socially?) incorrect?  Is that where the difference lies?

I just had my A\S this month and my ultrasound tech just finished school and asked me  " would you like to know the gender" I gotta admit I got scared and thought the bump ladies would mysteriously appear and start debating but I didn't correct her and just said sure I would love to know. so im guessing they are still using the term in school???

I did correct my US tech. In a polite friendly way- however she likely thought I was a weirdo or a bitch. I am both so it doesn't bother me either way.
    My hubby rolled his eyes big time at me.

• Options
    cassied7cassied7 member
    edited September 2014
    Stargirlb said:
    lol obvious troll. 

Not only have both my baby daddies had my breast milk, but I have also given it to three different friends in shot glasses, squeezed out right in front of them straight from the tap. On separate occasions.  I can be very persuasive.  

Stargirlb said:
    lol obvious troll. 

My husband has tried both mine and my sisters breast milk ;) Edit: quote fail!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    And which did he like better? Lolol
  • Options
    Aaaahahahaha! Totally mine, it's sweeter and fattier @Stargirlb‌
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"