July 2014 Moms
Options

Sex...or lack thereof

So, who's doin' it? How long PP are you? I just got cleared by doc at my 6 week checkup and now I feel obligated to start having sex again. It's stressing me out. My sex drive is non-existent, combine that with lack of sleep and a screaming baby...no thanks:/

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

Re: Sex...or lack thereof

• Options
    Our baby still wakes up and screams whenever you put him down. I still sleep holding him. Until that goes away its not going to happen. Like I could have sex while the baby screams in the next room. DH asked if maybe we could give him some rum. Ughh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    11 weeks PP, was cleared at 6 1/2 (PP appt)... i think we tried around 7 and have done it maybe 1x a week since.

to be fair, he's still sleeping in another room most nights so he can get some rest (he works days), so maybe when he moves back into the main bedroom full-time it will happen more

i don't really mind :)
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @litera‌ is the tear the only thing they checked or did they check your uterus internally or even externally? I'm avoiding my pp check up as I don't like the person who did my prenatal care who is supposed to do the pp checkup but have a feeling I'll have to go to be cleared for sex eventually otherwise I'll be too scared to try anything!
  • Options
    Nope. Nope. Nope.

Last time we waited 8 weeks...MAYBE I'll want to have sex on my birthday at the end of September...MAYBE.

But we have two kids - one doesn't nap anymore, and the baby doesn't have a great bedtime routine yet...and let's face it - i fucking HATE my body right now. I want to give myself a few more good weeks (maybe a month) to get my shit together physically before I get naked again :(

• Options
    Pretty much 8w pp and tried twice. It was pretty uncomfortable for me, even with being super gentle. The first time failed due to the use of warming lub. That sucked, I thought my insides were burning up! The second time failed when the baby woke up early.

The thought of doing it still makes me very anxious and I hate feeling obligated to do it (totally my own feelings). DH has been super patient and has not even tried to push anything I am not ready for, which of course makes me feel super guilty. Hopefully our next attempt will be a success for the poor guy!
  • Options
    Sure, we started at maybe 4-5 weeks? Back to somewhat regular now. I had a secnd degree tear. Last pregnancy we did it at 6 weeks after a third degree tear. I recommend for the first time that you maybe have a glass of wine or something first, and use lube and a condom. Less friction in this case is better. I feel like you can wait forever but the first time after is always going to be the first time after and you will be nervous, once you're cleared just go for it and get that first time out if the way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tried once at almost 4 weeks but I was still too sore, condom didn't help with the rubbing, and he totally poked himself on a stitch so... Yeah not so much. Then we had successful sex- twice! Yay!- since then at about 5 weeks PP. I went to my OB PP check up but he rambled on about making sure we got date night once or twice a month and gave me no update on my vag so I'm assuming no news is good news. I hope so since the last two rounds of sexy time were unprotected...
  • Options
    I was a part of another mom forum years ago and someone described the experience as like 'throwing a hotdog down a hallway'. This description always stuck with me. I mean a baby's shoulders are pretty wide compared to a penis and kagals and an extra stitch can help, but things are still a bit stretched. Waited 6 weeks pp with my first baby and it was painful. Waited 8weeks this time and no pain. Put my son in front of a video and put DD in her crib and closed the door so if she cried I wouldn't hear. I knew I only needed about 15 minutes on a Sunday morning. DH kind of really needed some affection and I enjoyed the intimacy. Locked the door and now we are back in thru saddle. Did think of @TexasGirl81 and her Irish twins afterwards since we did not use protection.
  • Options
    We have been going at it like crazy. I have no sex drive whatsoever when pregnant and apparently now I am making up for it.
  • Options
    I did once, not fun...but I was really looking forward to it (unlike most other times). Lot's o lube- good advice-@ZeroZeroOne.
    imageimage"">

• Options
    5 weeks PP, started at almost 4weeks, we've done it about twice a week. Use lots of lube, it helps.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I was cleared 5 1/2 weeks pp and I couldn't wait!! During pregnancy I wanted it all the time and we didn't do it at all the last couple of weeks soooo I couldn't wait. It was a RCS and I had the mirena put in Monday August 18, just shy of the 6 week mark. I waited for a low bleeding day and jumped his bones. I've been bleeding a little heavier since then though. Today... Almost not blood at all so you know what's up lol!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    No tearing or stitches here.  We tried once, very gently, about 5 weeks - I cried and OH felt terrible.
    Since then we've had 2 more attempts (now 8 weeks) with more success but it still gets a little sore after a while so still a ways to go before we're back to normal.

We're also having BC issues because nothing agrees with me :(
  • Options
    Soon2BMrsNSoon2BMrsN member
    edited August 2014
    I'll be 8w pp tomorrow. I was cleared at 5w but we didn't get around to doing it until just two nights ago. It didn't hurt as badly as I had anticipated but I'm certainly not thrilled to be back in the saddle. BFing always makes my drive nonexistent. Blah.
  • Options
    7 weeks pp here. Haven't tried it. Have no interest to try it. :( doctors apt in 2 weeks.. I had a tear and then my stitches popped so haven't gotten clearance yet and that's good by me!
  • Options
    Fletch82Fletch82 member
    edited August 2014
    6w pp and have done it once. While slow going and sore it felt good connect intimately with DH.

Side note anyone else feel like teenagers again hunting for a condom and hoping not to get caught in the act ;)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    shortstack930shortstack930 member
    edited August 2014

Nope. Nope. Nope.

Last time we waited 8 weeks...MAYBE I'll want to have sex on my birthday at the end of September...MAYBE.

But we have two kids - one doesn't nap anymore, and the baby doesn't have a great bedtime routine yet...and let's face it - i fucking HATE my body right now. I want to give myself a few more good weeks (maybe a month) to get my shit together physically before I get naked again :(

@Matthew930‌ Do we have the same birthday?! Mine is September 30 :)
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm 8 wks PP today and I'm pretty sure I am about to start my cycle.:( Cramping and bloated like a B. And I'm EBF!

I was cleared at 6 weeks but between baby being on boob almost every hour, no locks on our doors and a 4 year old who has to know where you are at all times....not happening. :(

• Options
    Started right around 6 weeks PP. Didn't hurt much this time around, probably since I didn't have any tears. With my first, we started around 5 weeks PP, and that sucked since I had a second degree tear. We're pretty much back to normal now.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Options
    netsirk2013netsirk2013 member
    edited August 2014
    My 6 week pp visit is tomorrow. Though we have been doing it since 2 weeks pp. Came to a hault recently though.I've had some irritation in my uretha since I had the catheter. I thought it was normal, I've never had one before so I figured I had to heal from that trauma too. Well apparently it was a brewing & now a uti from hell. No hump hump for us until I feel 100% . On the plus side we are going camping as a family this weekend. EXCITED! :)
  • Options
    I had sex once.

Yup.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    7 weeks PP and once. I feel super accomplished!
  • Options
    I still have to wait at least a week and a half. I've always had a low sex drive, but this time I'm so ready! I miss my husband. It's like working out, you hate to get ready and prepared for it and driving to the gym, but once you're there you're glad you went. Ha!
    To the bolded - Texas, this is fucking deep.  You are so right!

I got cleared at 4w PP (emergency c section).  I was on bedrest and/or pelvic rest since 20w, so I was ready to rock by the time I was cleared.  My goal has been 2x a week with eventually getting up to 3x a week.  

It's easier now that I'm not working, because I have enough "me" time throughout the day, that I want to spend (sexy) time with DH at night.  When I'm working, I need designated alone time to recover from my day (classic introvert here), so that leaves us less sexy time during the week.
    //

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • Options
    We started at 2weeks pp and honestly I have lost track at how many times we have done it since. I'm 8 weeks pp now. No tearing here either; I'm really surprised by the number of women who had no tearing on this board.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I'm amazed by some of you. I'm terrified and haven't been cleared yet. But consider me amazed that several of you did the deed so soon after pp. Between the episiotomy, additional tear, massive hemis (plural), and gross lochia discharge- my downstairs has been a no fly zone. :-(
  • Options
    Go to my 6 week pp check up tomorrow. Want to be cleared because i am so ready but at the same time I am terrified because i had a 4th degree tear so who knows how its going to go
  • Options
    Cleared at 5 wks PP (emergency c section after pushing for an hour) tried at 7 wks and couldn't go through with it because the pain was unbearable. Hoping to try again this weekend on our mini vacation.
  • Options
    Ugh. Tried this morning (I'm 4 weeks PP) and it huuuuurt. I had some vaginal tearing-- I still have stitches and they stung a lot. I was really hoping I'd be well enough for our anniversary this weekend, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen. :(

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

@ADC1979 I leak heavily from both sides when we DTD. I keep my bra on with disposable pads inside to keep from spraying DH. I know it wouldn't bother him, but being covered in breastmilk isn't all that sexy to me. I just wear my "sexiest" nursing bra.

This. We learned the hard way when DH rolled over in the middle of the night to cop a feel and I ended up soaked in milk.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

“When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.”

- J.M. Barrie Peter Pan

married on the sweetest day 10.20.12

Chicken - 07.08.06 | Bubsy - 02.24.09 | Sunshine - 07.16.14

I have died every day waiting for you. Darling, don't be afraid, I have loved you for a thousand years. And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me. I have loved you for a thousand years. I'll love you a thousand more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"