December 2014 Moms
Options

SO paternity leave?

2»

Re: SO paternity leave?

• Options
    My husband can take 52 weeks paid 95% of his pay, if I take nothing. I'm self employed so I don't get anything even though I'll still be home. my husband will likely take 3 months off with me, and I'll go back after 3 months. He may take another 2 months. 95% sounds amazing, but I think they cap it off at 900$ per week, so he's really not getting 95% of his pay.

We're in Ontario. Usually the husbands leave cannot overlap, but technically I'm not getting anything so we are lucky to spend some time together!
  • Options
    DH gets no paternity leave. But he is saving his last 3 week's vacation for when baby comes. I am due Dec 6. I get no paid leave, only FMLA. However, he wants me to stay home after baby, and I will most likely be done working by the first or second week of November.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    argyledogsargyledogs member
    edited August 2014
    My boyfriend gets 10 days leave starting from when we go to the hospital (he's military). With his job, that includes weekends, so it's less than two full weeks. 

Baby is due the 31st, so we'll have to see when she comes in relation to the holiday leave he gets. Once again, with his particular job, he cannot choose when he takes holiday leave. 

Luckily, he's getting out of the military on March 2nd, so he'll have a bunch of other leave to use and his mom is going to come help out at some point, too. 

I am a part-time worker who recently went from being a temp to permanent, so once I give birth, I won't be employed any longer and I won't qualify for health insurance. My pay wouldn't cover childcare at all. Blah. So, I'll be on "unpaid maternity leave" for quite awhile! hahaha
  • Options
    DH is taking the month of dec for his vac and January for his paternity leave
  • Options
    DH lost his job in November, and just started a new job in May. Losing any income at this point would be hard for us. One of the perks of his job is that they shut down from 12/24-1/1. That's perfect with an EDD of 12/24. He just got 5 days vacation when they passed the state budget, so he's going to use that and a few days of vacation or sick time. We're hoping for a full two weeks.
  • Options
    My husband gets the whole 6 weeks off with full pay so he will be taking it!
  • Options
    DH works for fed gov and has a lot of flexibility.  His plan is to take "off" the whole month of December from the birth through the holidays.  I put "off" in quotation marks because he won't really use vacation (he has it, they just don't track it) - he'll just sort of work from home, go into the office as needed, etc.

So I guess that will be about 3 weeks.  Then after the first of the year he'll start back to a relatively normal schedule, but he's hoping to start legit working from home 1-2 days a week.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    Mine will take two weeks off, using vacation time he has saved up this year.  The first week will mostly be hospital since we are having a c-section, and the second week will be our first week at home.  

He sometimes works out of town for a few days at a time, so we've also requested that they stop his travel at the beginning of November, just in case we go early like last time.  They agreed, thankfully!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Started TTC "2.0": 6/13, First round of Clomid: 3/14, BFP: 4/14, EDD: 12/23/14, C-Section: 12/18/14
    Nathan and Nicholas are going to have so much fun together!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"