Cloth Diapering
Options

Wet Dog Smell

My diapers have started developing a smell-kinda like a wet dog. I don't think it's barnyard because it only seems to be on the natural fibers-workhorses are the worst offenders right now. My best guess is that because it's been so humid lately it's taking everything forever to dry and it's giving them a weird smell. That could be, right?

I started throwing everything in the dryer on low for 20 mins and then hanging them up to finish drying. What use to only take a day or less to dry though is now taking at least 2. Suggestions? Do I just have to start drying them in the dryer until the humidity lets up? How do you those of you who deal with this humidity all the time line dry?

Re: Wet Dog Smell

• Options
    We have insane humidity and use our dryer.  If they are really stinky you might consider a bleach wash to get the funk out.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I agree with TJ.  there's really no escaping the outside humidity.  Is there an option to hang inside with a fan blowing on them? 

I have personally gotten lazy and just dryer dry :-/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had wet dog smell and it ended up being hard water build up. Not sure if that's the case for you though. :)
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"