April 2014 Moms
Options

Baby traveling essentials

Flying to NYC with B this weekend!! I'm trying to pack just the basics and think I have it all covered, but what are your baby airport/airplane essentials?

and so this thread isn't the lamest... What is the most ridiculous thing you have seen when traveling? Last month, a guy in front of me was flossing his teeth on the plane.

Re: Baby traveling essentials

• Options
    Feeding implements (boobs, bottle, etc), paci, 2 extra outfits, an extra top for me, 3 muslin blankets (one for floor time while waiting in the airport and for the changing table, 2 for spit up or swaddling if he's pissed and won't calm down), teething ring, Ziploc bags to contain messes.

When I was flying to Hawaii overnight, almost everyone was asleep around me except this one couple...she was giving him a very obvious hand job under a blanket.
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Options
    For the flight:

- Car seat
    - A&A swaddle blanket to throw over the car seat so the baby can sleep (plus a million extra uses)
    - Normal diaper bag stuff, except lots of extra diapers (I usually figure 2 diapers per hour of total door-to-door travel time.  It would suck to get delayed and not have enough diapers)
    - Lovey
    - Ergo
    - Ready-to-use formula if you FF.  Bottles of pumped milk if you don't (it's nice to have a bottle or two on hand).  This obviously isn't necessary if you EBF and just want to use the boob, but it can be nice
    - Paci for climbs/descents
    - Zip-lock bag for dirty clothes (spit up, diaper blow-out, etc)
    - C travels in footed jammies, so usually 1-2 extra sets

Trip in general:
    - Pack N Play and sheets
    - Bouncy Seat (we love the little love take-along bouncer) that folds up in our suitcase
    - Small "medical" kit with tylenol, gripe water, diaper rash cream, saline/nosefrida, fingernail clippers
    - Small battery-powered travel night-light for MOTN feedings
    - One outfit + one extra onesie per day of travel, one set of jammies per day of travel (less if you have access to laundry facilities).
    - Extra blankets for tummy time
    - 1-2 books

imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    An extra shirt for myself for when I inevitably get spit up and/or spilled on.

I once saw someone trying to go through security with a huge wheel of cheese that TSA was trying to confiscate. It was probably the biggest Thing if cheese I've ever seen in person, and the people were very upset.

I also took a flight where one lady was doing exercises in the middle isle during the flight. That was entertaining
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    J&NLJ&NL member
    I just want to add that unless you plan to wear him, go ahead and bring your stroller because it works well as a cart to carry everything and you can check it at the gate so you won't have to worry about it on the plane. It was much easier than I anticipated when I traveled with DD when she was 5 months old.

Also, make sure to feed on take off and landing so his little ears don't hurt from the pressure.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • Options
    Just did this in Saturday. I took a diaper for every hour of travel (just in case), three extra outfits, wipes, my ergo, toys
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    If LO takes a pacifier don't forget a clip so if it falls out it doesn't end up somewhere nasty
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"