2nd Trimester
Options

tummy band during pregnancy

Hi ladies,

I am reading about a lot of women who use the compression belly bands postpartum to help shrink the tummy but I was wondering if anyone uses them DURING the last few months of pregnancy? I feel like it might offer support when I go walking and I am wondering if it will also help the tummy to spring back faster if I start wearing it early. What are your thoughts? Are any of you using one already and if so what is the brand? The Belly bandit has mixed reviews on sizing and is very expensive. There are less expensive ones on amazon, but I am not sure if I should wait to buy the right size.
Thanks
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: tummy band during pregnancy

• Options
    No. Get a support belt specifically made for pregnancy.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Definitely go with the support belt, my girlfriend swore by them towards the end of her pregnancies. I have a feeling I will be asking to borrow hers in the next month or so.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree, I want a support band/belt/cradle, but need to try it before I buy it, as sizing is uncertain over the internet and returns are a hassle! Belly bandit is more for postpartum, I think. I am in the market for belly support now and next several months. Love to hear what you decide!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    They had a few different pregnancy support bands at BRU. I got one to help provide under belly support and ease sciatic pain. So far it seems to behelping a bit.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Support belt all the way! I'm 22 weeks and just ordered the Gabrialla Elastic Maternity Support Belt at the suggestion of several friends. I specifically want because I'm still running and teaching group exercise classes, but I've heard it's great to wear for every day use, too, especially if you're experiencing back pain.
  • Options
    I'm getting a support belt. My chiropractor, who I started to see at just 6 weeks, said it helps a lot to keep the weight off the bladder and sciatic nerve. I would not use something made for after pregnancy during pregnancy - that does not sound comfy at all!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"