Pregnant after IF
Options

How many embryos did you transfer for IVF? how did you decide?

I posted this question on the infertility board as I'm really struggling with the decision of how many to transfer. My husband wants 1 but thinks we should go with whatever the dr says.  Dr says 2 is best but willing to do 1 if we prefer. So I definitely feel like it's primarily my decision. 

I'm worried about the ability to carry twins to term. There are so many potential complications at various stages. On the other hand I want this to be successful (and I'm not 25!). 

So, would love to hear how many you decided to move forward with?  Would you make the same decision if you could do it all over again?  How many IVF cycles did it take for you?  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
January & February: 2 IUIs, BFN
March:  IUI, ectopic, 2 surgeries with 1 tube removed
May - July: 3 more IUIs, all BFN, on to IVF
August: IVF#1, BFN
September:  FET#1, BFP!!!
It's a girl!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: How many embryos did you transfer for IVF? how did you decide?

• Options
    The doctor recommended 2 for our fresh cycle, so that is what we transferred. We had a singleton. With our FET we only had 3 left frozen and he said we would thaw all 3 (eek!) but only 2 survived the thaw. I am now pregnant with twins (and one of those wasn't the best quality).

I have to say I always feel slight guilt when I say that we got pregnant on our only IVF cycle and our only FET. We have been very blessed.

Good luck!!

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Options
    It's a very personal decision, but for us it depended on the quality of the embryo, and the transfer day, along with what the doctor recommended. We ended up doing a 3 day transfer of "2 perfect 8-celled" and ended up with a singleton pregnancy. If we had done a day 5, and the blast was good quality, we would have just transferred 1, with the same school of thought as you have (potential of increased complications with twin pregnancies). We were definitely not opposed to twins, and a small part of me would have been really excited about just doing this one time, but if given a choice, "preferred" a singleton, so that's how we ultimately made our decision. We were very blessed to get the BFP on our first fresh cycle. Good luck and fingers crossed for you! 
                                         - ticker/siggy warning -

ivf #1 (MFI): 18 retrieved, 16 fertilized 
         bfp: 8dp3dt, beta #1 10dp3dt: 103, beta #2 14dp3dt 637, EDD: 12.06.14! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We transferred two for this successful cycle. We only had two left on day 5 and our RE said it made more sense to transfer both, as freezing just one was expensive and was risking thaw factors.

Both embryos implanted, but we lost one of them, most likely due to chromosomal issues.

It really is a personal choice. I always went into a transfer wanting to have no regrets. We'd already transferred one for our first fresh and it didn't work, so we just went for it this last time. We were very lucky!

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    We transferred two high quality blastocysts (both took and I'm 24 weeks with twins -- so far a complication free pregnancy!)

In making our decision we basically asked ourselves how we would feel about only doing one and having it not work and how we felt about having twins.

We decided if we only did one and it didn't work, we would always be asking ourselves if we had done two would the other one would've taken. We also decided that we would be ok with twins if we did two.

N14 Nov. Siggy: CELEBRATION!

image image
    TTC since 2011
    Aug. - Sept. 2013 - dIUIs = BFNs
    January 2014 - IVF = 3 freezer babies
    March 2014 - FET of AA and AB blast = BFP! Twins! 
    Nov. 7, 2014 - Wilhelmina "Willa" Suzanne (4lb 14oz) and Ari Jose (6lb 4oz) were born via CS
    image image

image image image image 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    We transferred two and were very lucky to get pregnant with twins on that first fresh cycle. We really wanted to maximize our odds of having at least one baby and were aware and willing to take on the risks of a multiples pregnancy. I have been very lucky to have had a largely complication free pregnancy with twins (so far - I have a planned c/s on Saturday) except for bleeding due to placenta previa in second tri. 
    Me - 35. DH - 40. TTC #1 since 9/2010. 
    IUI #1-2 BFN
    IUI #3 BFP = C/P
    IUI #4-6 BFNs
    IVF #1 Lupron and Gonal F: 29R 29M 28F
    2 blastocysts transferred 12/14/13
    Beta at 9dp5dt = 285; Beta at 12dp5dt = 925
    It's twins! EDD 9/2/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We went with our Dr.'s recommendation, which was two. After three failed transfers (each with two), I got prgenant on the fourth with twins. Our situation was a little different than most, though, because we were not allowed to wait until day 5 to transfer the best and had to transfer ca. day 2 and hope for the best.

Me: 28, DH: 35
    DX: Severe MFI, AZFc Microdeletion
    TTC since August 2011
    IVF w/ ICSI 1: Dec. 2013 - BFN
    FET 1.2: Mar. 2014 - BFN
    FET 1.3: May 2014 - BFN
    FET 1.4: June 2014 - BFP
    Two little buns in the oven. 
    Bake until March 2015, little ones. 

"Life will be clearer around me.
     Life will be more burdensome for me. 
    Life will be richer for me." 
    -Rudolf Steiner
  • Options
    We've done six cycles total, one was twins and lost one. We currently have another singleton. But that's 11 embryos transferred and only two have stuck. If we are able to in future for FET w 5 remaining I will push for three transfer and a two if that doesn't take any and that's it for us. I think it depends on a lot if factors- my doctor thought I was at risk for twins and we see that isn't neccessarily the case- but many women get KU w twins on first try. I wish I had more than "it's a gamble" but it really is and I wish you luck with whatever comes!!!
    January 2007- Stop BCP! Let's DO this!
    June 2010- MFI. BS. IVF! Ectopic. BS. image

November 2010- FAILED FET! BS!
    January 2011- BFP FET! TWINS!
    February 2011- lost twin. BS. image

SEPTEMBER 2011- DD Born! Most awesome girl in the world!

November 2013- FAILED FET! BS! (screw you November FETs)
    April Fresh Cycle, FAILED. Frozen embryos frozen for future FETs.
    FROZEN CYCLE JUNE! BFP
    BABY BOY VINCENT!

We can't wait to meet you!
    Conception:image
    imageimage Potato Love!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I was successful on the first go-round with 1 hatching 5 day blast. I chose not to transfer 2 since it's not recommended in my age group and my doctor is a huge proponent of SET. I also wasn't comfortable with the idea of twins. It is a personal decision though. 
    *****************siggy/ticker warning*****************************

-Me: anovulatory/ hypothalamic amenorrhea / H: all good
    -IUI  Medicated TI Cycle #1 (Dec): Menopur  + Ovidrel + TI  = BFN
    -Benched for work issues Jan/Feb
    -IUI 1.2: Menopur + Ovidrel = BFN
    -IVF #1- Menopur + Follistim = 12R / 7M / 4F -- first beta-260, second 520. EDD 2/22/15

Welcome Dane 02/09!

• Options
    dp21dp21 member
    We got pregnant on first IVF, I was 29 going on 30 during our cycle. 

My doctor recommended transferring two for 3 day transfer, transferring one for 5 day transfer. 

My clinic prefers to transfer one blast on day 5.  However, I am DOR, we only retrieved 3 eggs, only 2 fertilized, hence a 3 day transfer.  We transferred the only 2 we had and 1 stuck.  Now going on 19 weeks. 

Let me see if I can find their age recommendations.  Can't find it....  I think maybe 35 and above, they recommend transferring two blasts...but don't quote me.

But do what is comfortable for you!

Me:
    30, DH: 32
    My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
    • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
    • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
    •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
    • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
    • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• Options
    It may really depend on how they look on transfer day. We were set on transferring one and both our doctor and the embryologist encouraged that following our retrieval. Fast forward 5 days and the embryologist came over with a pic of two. Our embryos started arresting after day 3 and we were only left with one morula and one very early blast. Two were transferred and one stuck. I would recommend having a plan in mind, but being flexible.

Ella Rose

1/17/15 born via IVF w/ ICSI

Spontaneous Twins!

Due January 2016

Follow our Journey

• Options
    ccamccam member
    edited August 2014

When TTC #1, our RE explained to us that with our unexplained diagnosis, transferring 2 would increase our chances of having twins, not our chances of getting pregnant.  We pretty much decided beforehand that if our embryos were any less than blasts, we would transfer 2.  But since they were good quality blasts, we transferred 1.  IVF one worked and resulted in DS.  Had that failed, we might have moved onto transferring 2 at some point.

When TTC #2, we went ahead with FETs.  Since we were not open to having twins at that point, we did two rounds of FET and only transferred one blast each time.  Both cycles failed. 

We also have excellent insurance so that played a big part in our decision.  We may have moved to 2 quicker if things were different.  Such a personal decision - good luck!!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Options
    AS most previous posts have mentioned, it was a combination of embryo quality, wether it was a 3dt or a 5dt and age.  We have gone through 2 fresh cycles of IVF.  We did 5dt and transferred 3 embryos each time.  The 1st time, all 3 were morula stage.  We had a low positive and then were told it was negative.  2 weeks later, my HCG level rose significantly and we were told it was ectopic.  I was given methotrexate injection and benched for 3 months. 

The 2nd IVF, we did a 5dt of 3 embryos.  Only one was morula stage.  Age was the main issue.  I was turning 40 and it was our last try before insurance would not cover the procedures any longer.  We were blessed with twins.  My husband will be 46 when they are born and I will still be 40.  He jokes that he will fill out his AARP card prior to the twins' Kindergarten registration paperwork.  

Really though, it is a VERY personal decision.  We knew we were financially ready to handle multiples, but it has come with risk.  I have had to monitor my blood pressure and now have gestational diabetes that is being controlled by diet alone.  6 more weeks to go and so hopeful for a healthy delivery at 38 weeks.  We are 32 weeks today.  

Our RE and the embryologist knew our odds and said putting in 3 would hopefully get us 1 child.  We feel blessed that there are 2 and knew this was it as we planned for our family. This is my one and only pregnancy I'll ever have and I am so glad we moved forward after our loss.  

Good luck and know that the decision you make will be the right one for you.  

************** Siggy Warning************

Married August 2012 -- Me (40 yrs old) My husband (45 yrs. old) 

RE referral from ObGYN in late Jan. 2013 -- Testing Confirms Unexplained IF 

IUI #"s1 - 3 (Femara + IUI) April - June 2013 - all BFN

Decided to do IVF... Began stimming on September 10th!  Egg Retrieval 9/20/13.  19 eggs: 6 to mature to freeze after 6 fertilized with ICSI

3 morula stage embryos transferred on 9/25/13.....Beta #1 on 10/4/13/ = 7.5  Beta #2 on 10/6/13 =  negative

IVF#2 - Lupron plan  (set to begin on 10/28/13)  (Planning on thawing and fertilizing our 6 eggs with ICSI as well as all of the mature eggs they retrieve with this fresh cycle.)

Late October 2013 - ectopic pregnancy - methotrexate injection....benched 3 months

CD1 - 12/5/13...Lupron set to start on 12/26/13; CD1 - 1/2/14....Baseline 1/3/14....begin follistim tonight and continue with lupron.  (Got my calendar today!  IVF#2 is a go!)

ER = 1/14/14  (11 eggs....9 were mature. 9 fertilized.  Of the 6 mature eggs we thawed, only 4 fertilized.  At this time, we have 13 eggs fertilized and growing.  Waiting for news about a 3-day or 5-day transfer.)

ET = 1/19/14  (5dt).....3 blastocysts transferred!   (All nine embryos didn't make it to freeze.  =(  )

Beta #1 = 1/28/14   (2 weeks after ER)  BFP! 209 (9dp5dt)   EDD 10/7/14

Beta #2 - 1/30/14  (11 dp5dt) 302

Beta #3 - 2/3/14  (15 dp5dt)  1222 

Ultrasound set for 2/17/14......TWINS!        Twin A - HR 124 bpm; Twin B - HR 126 bpm

Final Ultrasound with RE 3/10/14 - Twin A - HR 176 bpm; Twin B - HR 177 bpm.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome! 

imageimage 

imageimageimage

• Options
    We started off wanting to transfer 3. We had previously done a fresh cycle of DE IVF and had transferred 2. Of the 2, 1 stuck but no hb was detected at around 7wks. This was 4 years ago and it took us that long to get over it financially (we are 100% OOP) and emotionally. It was one of the hardest periods of our time. So when we did it again this time, I was pretty adamant about putting back 3. But this time it was with a different doc, frozen donor eggs and my dh's sperm had improved over time. We did our cycle in Europe and they have a tendency to dislike putting in more than 3 especially since the donor was young & healthy and dh and I were healthy. He strongly recommended putting back 2. He said that putting back 3 vs. 2 pretty much only ups the chances of multiples. We are more than okay with twins but anything more than that scared me. We ended up tx-ing 2 based on the doc recommendation and the idea of 3 scared the beejesus out of me. We definitely didn't want to put back only 1. We felt like we spent time & a lot of money on this that the 30% chance for a pregnancy with 1 tx-ed vs 65% with 2 tx-ed was well worth the risk of a twin pg. The 2 we tx-ed stuck but only 1 ended up with a hb.

It is definitely something you have to live with. Best of luck!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We transferred 2 pgd tested beautiful blasts.  My RE  was on the fence at first.  He supported two but said due to pgd testing he thought our success rate with one was super high.   We choose to transfer two for several reasons...

1. We are older and want a big family.  We were 100% ok with twins. I was/and still am concerned about the risks/difficulty that twin pregnancy can cause.  I will be honest although I have had no issues but it is harder than a singleton pregnancy based on my experience thus far. I am 15 weeks and pretty miserable at times. 

2. We were 100% OOP so money was a factor

It is your decision but only transfer the amount you are ok having!

Good luck!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I used DE so the eggs were 29 years old and the embryos were excellent quality -- but I only transferred one and was successful.  I've seen too many twin pregnancies go heartbreakingly wrong here and elsewhere.  Even when twin pregnancies go right, they often don't go as "right" as singleton pregnancies.  Just giving the DE stats I'm aware of (so young eggs/good embryos), you have a 2/3 shot of having a baby/babies over 5.5 lbs and 37 weeks if you are pregnant with a singleton, while only 1/3 shot of same with twins.  The full impact of prematurity and low birthweight might not manifest itself until there are learning or behavioral disorders in a school age kid.  It wasn't worth the risk to me, even though I want 2-3 kids and thought twins would be great in concept.  I would only put back 2 in the face of obvious quality issues or multiple previous failures.
  • Options
    We transfered 2 and I'm 12wks pregnant with twins!
    Here's how we decided - 1. hubby (he's 33, I'm 32) was very apposed to a stash of frozen embryos for personal/ethical reasons. 2. We were both okay with having twins - two for the price of one (we are 100% OOP), if we were fertility superstars we would be on #2 by now anyways, I'm a teacher and have friends with multiples and feel we have the tools to handle double duty (although it won't always be easy), built in best friends, no only child syndrome, etc... 3. Like I said we're OOP and have male factor problems and transferring 2 would up our odds that at least 1 would stick.
    What we did - low stimulation IVF with ICSI - this fit our needs so well, and it's worked out great; It's almost easy to forget all the agonizing over the choices, but it took a long time and we checked out several clinics.
    The numbers - We ended up with 14 eggs (hubs freaked!) but only 4 were mature enough for ICSI. They made us 4 embryos - on day 3 we had 2 beautiful 8 cell embryos and 2 lagging embryos. We'd really been pushing for a 5 day transfer to weed out extra embryos, but suddenly didn't have very many (IVF is such a gamble, it's nerve racking!!). Everyone was onboard to transfer the 2 perfect embryos, and freeze the other 2 at day 6 for FETs later. Then I got the call that our other 2 embryos stopped dividing - no frozen embryos for us... Suddenly it was only the 2 we'd transfered and we really worried if we'd made the right decision. If it hadn't worked we'd be back at square 1 (my turn to freak!!). Waiting for betas is killer! But we did get BFPs!! Then at the 7wk ultrasound I just knew we'd see 2, I'd been soooo sick for a week! Sure enough there they were!!! Hubs nearly passed out! Couldn't believe we got exactly what we wanted - two babies and no frozen embryos. After trying for so long, I still can't believe it worked out this perfect.. Keeping fingers crossed for perfect babies in Feb. Now if I could just stop feeling nauseous... So far no complications beyond bad NVP (which my sister had with both her singletons, so I doubt I would've escaped...) Honestly the best part is knowing we're DONE with IVF. Got my babies, the next kiddos will be adopted or foster (been the plan since prefertility). As for advice, keep talking with your husband and the clinic (and a few other clinics, if you're OOP what's the harm in looking around? We didn't go with our original doc for a number of reasons and I loved him, but their program wasn't right for us). Eventually you will be ready to go forward with a plan. And from there comes the gambling and the waiting! The picture is our perfect set of bubbles (8 day embryos that are now thing 1 and thing 2).
  • Options
    You ladies are so awesome. I am so appreciative for all the comments. This is a lot to think about and consider. As many of you mentioned, there are a lot of variables, including quality. I think it will be best to have a plan for each scenario so we won't feel rushed during the wait between ER and the transfer. 

@absolutelymaybe that's exactly what's going on in my head too, if it's not successful would we be kicking ourselves. After all I just had so many failed IUIs where each one had optimal conditions. 

@xtrina78 good luck on Saturday. You must be so excited to finally get to meet them  (and i love Samoyeds, beautiful dogs)

@beachy6 that's a really good point regarding the freezing process. If you only have 2 total and not all survive the thawing process, does it make sense to freeze one. And he no regrets!

@mmhopeful wow, what a journey. So sorry for you ectopic. Having gone through that myself, I know how tough it is 

@dp21. Yes, they recommend 2 for my age

@ducky719 it's so important for  DH to be comfortable with what ever decision we go with. We had another long chat about it tonight just to ensure he was definitely sharing his full viewpoint 

@happy_yahoo congrats on such a healthy pregnancy. We are also not ok with reduction. 

@brooklynesque that's exactly part of the concern I have with twins is the risk of other complications such as learning and behavioral. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    January & February: 2 IUIs, BFN
    March:  IUI, ectopic, 2 surgeries with 1 tube removed
    May - July: 3 more IUIs, all BFN, on to IVF
    August: IVF#1, BFN
    September:  FET#1, BFP!!!
    It's a girl!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    cls78cls78 member
    edited August 2014
    We did a freeze all cycle and transferred two frosties. I was in a double blinded IVF study which required a double embryo transfer. (I pretty much got my IVF cycle for free) My clinic pushes for single embryo transfers and my RE really wanted me to think about it since the chance for multiples was high especially if I was put in the study group.

My first cycle worked and I am pregnant with twins. I just entered 2nd tri and so far so good. I am considered high risk and see a MFM along with my OB. I just hope everything continues to go well.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We struggled with this too.  We went with the doctor's recomenedation and the clinic really pushes for SETs if you are a good candidiate. Meaning...under the age of 37 and have atleast 3-4 high quality 5-day blasts. Luckily I meet the criteria. So I qualified for a program that would pay for two subsequent FETs if the first fresh single transfer was unsucessful.  I got pregnant on the last free FET.  So it took three transfers to get me here all over a 9 month period.  It took a lot of patience, and tears but I am so happy with the outcome. I am now 19 weeks with a singleton.  Good luck with your decision.

Three ectopic preganacies in left tube in 1999, 2003 and 2004. HSG in 2010 concluded left tube blockage. IUI with femara in 2012 BFN. IVF #1 June 2013, 20 retreived, 14 mature, 12 fertilized via ICSI, one transferred, four frozen, BFN.  FET in September 2013 - BFN:( FET #2 April 2014 - BFP!!!!

Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap. As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God,the Maker of all things. <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Ecclesiastes 11 4:5  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Like @cls78 I was in the same study which required a double embryo transfer. Before entering the study I was 100% sold on only transferring 1. Since we were OOP, participating in the study basically gave us free ivf/fet. 
    We got "lucky" and one took on the first try, but those first few weeks were terrifying for me as I really did not want a twin pregnancy. The complications worry me much more than the actual twin babies. I would never consider a reduction, but a medically induced twin pregnancy was just a hard pill to swallow for me. 

Most women who struggle with if would welcome multiples, but it is such a personal choice. You have to be ok with the outcome regardless of what it may be. 

• Options
    We had three embryos after fertilization and had wanted to transfer two and freeze the third, but our RE suggested we transfer all three. Due to the average/poor quality of the embryos my RE didn’t think any of the embryos would survive the freeze and thaw. DH and I reluctantly agreed, but I’ll admit transferring all three was really scary. Of course I didn’t want to be pregnant with triplets (that sounds even more scary!), but I wanted to give all three embryos the chance to survive so we decided to trust our RE. I’m currently pregnant with a singleton :) 
    Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
    DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
    June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
    October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
    December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
    January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
    April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
    April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
    January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @Viasatalyte what clinic did you go to? That sounds like an EXCELLENT policy of the 2 additional transfers without cost!

ME - 31, DX with dual hydrosalpinx (2012) , confirmed again in 2014, starting IVF 1st Cycle Dec 2014

Bloodwork done 8/8/2014 LH - 2.8, FSH 6.1

DH - 31, testing scheduled for 8/22/2014, 60-70% motility, no problems found

• Options

@swyatt2014  I went with Kaiser who is also my HMO.  Most of the patients at the clinic are Kaiser members.  Because most patients are members, they don't want to encourage health plan members to increase the risk of twins because twin pregnanacies are very expensive for the health plan.  So yes, it is a really good programs in terms of cost savings for all involved parties.  

Three ectopic preganacies in left tube in 1999, 2003 and 2004. HSG in 2010 concluded left tube blockage. IUI with femara in 2012 BFN. IVF #1 June 2013, 20 retreived, 14 mature, 12 fertilized via ICSI, one transferred, four frozen, BFN.  FET in September 2013 - BFN:( FET #2 April 2014 - BFP!!!!

Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap. As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God,the Maker of all things. <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

Ecclesiastes 11 4:5  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    We took the dr's recommendation and transferred (2) 5 days, 3rd attempt. Singleton :-).
  • Options
    My RE suggested transferring 2. We talked about the high possibility of both sticking since we're young, good health, and have unexplained IF. We ended up transferring 2 embryos and both took. I'm currently 14 weeks and 4 days. My RE & OB have both talked about the risk of early delivery, a Cesarian, and the likelihood of bed rest. All things I've researched and am aware of. I would say trust your instinct whatever you feel is best. Good luck! Wishing the best IVF cycle outcome to you.
  • Options

We got pregnant with twins on our 5th embryo transfer.

Fresh IVF #1 -2 perfect blasts transferred=chemical pregnancy

Frozen IVF-all 3 blasts survived thaw and were transferred=5.5week twin loss (2 sacs)

Fresh IVF #2-2 blasts transferred, BFN

Fresh IVF # 3-Meds messed up, two 2 day embryos transferred

Fresh IVF # 4 3 day transfer of 3 embryos with assisted hatching-2/3 stuck. Carried twins to 36 weeks

We had 1 frozen embryo from IVF #4. It survived thaw and we had it transferred on 7/28, it looks like it worked! My ultrasound is next week!

Good luck!

Wedding Fall 2007 Off OCP's since 9/08-started with BBT charts Saw Ob/gyn May 2009 Blood work normal except single copy of MTHFR Clomid 50mg May 2009 Clomid 50mg + IUI June 2009 Femara 5mg + IUI July 2009 Normal HSG July 2009 Femara 5mg + ovidrel+IUI August 2009 Femara 5mg +ovidrel + IUI September 2009 November 2009-normal lap December 2009-met with RE December/January-Injectible med cycle with IUI-Abnormal sperm morpology found-only 0-1% normal All Head defects. Jan/Feb 2010 1st IVF with ICSI-5 week chemical pregnancy :( Feb 2010-male infertility doc says DH's anatomy and blood work are normal so nothing he can do. :( FET July 2010-BFP! Twin m/c @ 5.5 wks :( Dec/Jan 2011 IVF #2 Only 4 eggs retrieved-Ganirelix dose messed up BFFN Feb/March 2011 IVF #3 ER 3/9 9 eggs, 7 fertilized, ET 3/14, No frosties. BFN IVF #4 ER 8/22 9R,7F ET 8/25-3 embies, 1 frostie! Beta 9/2= 54, 9/6=274, 9/8=625, 9/12=2953, 9/16 greater than 10,000. B/G TWINS born April 2012 @ 36wks & 1 day! July 2014-going back for the frozen embryo! ET 7/28, heartbeat seen at 6wks1day with SCH. Miscarriage confirmed at 6wks4days

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"