1st Trimester
Options

Intense rashes on arms, underarms, hips, and legs

supermommy2bsupermommy2b member
edited August 2014 in 1st Trimester
I started developing these rashes when I was 6 weeks pregnant, I am now 8 weeks pregnant. Doctors said they can't do anything but they're so bad. Any advice? They're red and dry and some parts are little bumps.

Re: Intense rashes on arms, underarms, hips, and legs

• Options
    It can't be the vitamins, I just started. Ever since the rash started I changed my soap to something for dry skin. It doesn't seem to go away.. :(
  • Options
    Is it eczema? Mine flared up with the change in hormones. My doctor said it was ok to use a topical hydrocortisone cream. I use aquinil hc from person and covey because it doesn't have any fragrance or preservatives that can make mine worse. I also second the oatmeal baths too. They can help a lot.
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going to try an oatmeal bath in a bit. They didn't run any test on me but I'm beyond itchy every where. They look like blisters and bruises and dry skin. It's so horrible! I'm going to the er tomorrow, thanks guys :(.
  • Options
    I broke out in an all over rash, literally head to toe, at 5 weeks. It lasted about 2 weeks then stated to fade and it wasn't a reaction to soap, food etc, I have no allergies and no previous skin conditions. Doc gave me antihistamines and topical steroid cream that took some of the itching away but I was miserable for those 2 weeks. I think it was a reaction to the changing hormones.

I also broke out in hives over my arms and legs about 3 days pp, again changing hormones. I hope it clears up for you soon.
  • Options
    I'm going to try an oatmeal bath in a bit. They didn't run any test on me but I'm beyond itchy every where. They look like blisters and bruises and dry skin. It's so horrible! I'm going to the er tomorrow, thanks guys :(.
    Maybe you should see a dermatologist instead of going to the ER.  Skin is their thing and they'll be able to tell you what is safe and what isn't to use during pregnancy. 
  • Options
    Yeah, talk to your OB first. If they can't help, ask for a good dermatologist referral (if you don't have one already). They have much more experience with this type of thing. Don't go to the ER!

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"