December 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone know the sex before being told?

Has anyone just felt it was a girl or boy and found out they were correct at gender scan?

Re: Anyone know the sex before being told?

• Options
    Yes!  I felt pretty certain that we're having a boy, and the Harmony test confirmed :)
    Me: 34 - PCOS | DH: 30 - everything looks good!
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    March 2014 - 1st medicated cycle - 5mg Femara CD 3-7 = BFP! EDD 12/26/14

It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes. When I first got pregnant I couldn't picture myself with a boy. All I pictures was a girl but around 13 weeks I just had this gut feeling that we were having a little boy. My fiancé couldn't understand how I just "knew" what LO was and insisted it was a girl. But sure enough after the most recent doc visit, there is a little boy in there kicking around.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. With my first I had a feeling it was a girl and I was right. With my second (currently pregnsnt) I had a strong feeling it was a boy. I kept calling it a he even though I wasn't 100%. I was right again :)
  • Options
    I was SURE I was having another girl and about jumped off the table when they told me it was a boy!
    M born 1/6/09 - A born 12/31/10 - baby BOY RCS 12/2/14 

image   image

• Options
    This is my first, since I found out we were pregnant I said it's a girl. I 100% felt it, never once did I feel like it was a boy, even had dream after dream, sure enough, it's a girl!
  • Options
    Silas1206 said:

Has anyone just felt it was a girl or boy and found out they were correct at gender scan?

Please be careful not to use sex and gender interchangeably. There is a difference. It is an important difference to several ladies on the board. Yes... your medical professional might still use the term "gender" when referring to the sex but there is a difference. If you are unfamiliar with the difference please let us know and we can provide you a couple of resources.

Since I am on mobile it appears you are new, therefore, welcome and congrats.

Test
  • Options
    I do have a feeling. Lol.
    But we won't find out for another 2 weeks. Soooo we will see if my feelings are right. :-)
  • Options
    I had a feeling a few weeks ago it was a boy. Now im certain that im having a girl.
    Will find out on Saturdayyyy and ill let all you ladies know
  • Options
    Cadg0986Cadg0986 member
    edited August 2014
    Pretty much from the day we found out I was pregnant I have had a strong gut feeling the the baby was a girl! And I was right, found out at the anatomy ultrasound a couple of weeks ago! :) I never walked around saying it was a girl, but I just had a really strong gut feeling!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

DH and I: Dating: 08/2008, Engaged: 02/2012, and Married: 03/13!
    Adopted our Pup: 08/2011

DD born on 12/03/2014, Emma!
    (TTC #1 (and only!): 12/25/13, BFP: 03/31/14, EDD: 12/05/14, Gender, girl: 07/16/14)

imageimage

• Options
    Yup. For both of our pregnancies we just knew what we were having. Just a feeling. And both times we were right.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I swore it was a boy, and I even made the ultrasound tech recheck three times. When she pointed and showed me labia I finally had to concede to karma. It is a girl.
  • Options
    I had three dreams it was a girl. NOPE. Big ol' boy!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was right with both. I just KNEW...

With my son I knew the moment the test came up positive.

With this baby (girl) I knew before I got pregnant that I would get pregnant and it would be a girl. I just didn't know when. (We weren't trying, she was a surprise) I told my partner and everything, I used to tease him all the time and then bam... I was right lol.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I always knew I'd have a boy
  • Options
    With dd, I thought for sure she was a boy (to the point where I actually picked up some boy clothes)

This one I thought was a boy. But I'm not sure if it was me thinking it or I thought it because everyone else thought baby was a boy. And it is a boy :-)

That being said, my mom knew I was having a boy right when I told her I was pregnant. She had even bought some boy stuff the week before I knew I was pregnant.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I've been right for all of my children :)

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• Options
    I've had nothing but dreams that it was a girl.  I would have been completely surprised if it was a boy because I just felt so strongly that it was a girl.  Sure enough as soon as the ultrasound tech put the paddle on my stomach we found out we are indeed having a little baby girl!
    It's a GIRL!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've just kind of known since I found out. I keep subconsciously calling her a she and her, and sure enough I was correct

Married 07.12.14
    Hannah 12.09.14
    Baby #2 Due 06.18.16
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My intuition and dreams have been correct both times.

• Options
    A day or two before we found out I woke up with this overwhelming feeling it was going to be a boy, and I was right!
  • Options
    Yep, sure did.  Had no idea with my first becuase i'd never been pregnant.  With my second my pregnancy was completely opposite so i thought boy and was right.  But that was nothing compared to this pregnancy.  I KNEW she was a girl.  This pregnancy has been completely identical to my daughters right down to the same food aversions, some cravings, same morning sickness (no sickness with my son), heart rates were the same for both.  I told DH that i am 1000% sure that its a girl and would only look at girl things, only talked about girl names, i just knew.  I also wanted another girl pretty bad so maybe that played into it ;)
    Audrey- December 2009
    Owen- April 2011
    Olivia- Due December 24th
  • Options
    My family said girl, friends said boy, I said baby.. I had no idea. I found out she is a girl at the 16 and 20 week ultrasound and still just don't know if I believe it! Haha. I felt bad for a while for not 'feeling' she was a she.
  • Options
    I had gut feeling with all 3 of my pregnancies and I was correct.
  • Options
    I had no clue with my first ... This time around DH, DS (who is 3), and I all had the intuition that it was a girl and we were right on.

BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

PgAL : 04/2013 BFP - mmc/d&c  : 12/2013 BFP - chemical pregnancy

• Options
    YES!!!!! Since I peed on that stick! I told DH and my mom I know it's a boy I just felt it and it's absolutely a boy!
  • Options

I'm 1 for 3.

I felt that ds#1 was a boy (which he is) and then I was wrong for the other 2!

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yep. This is our first and I just knew it was a girl, even though all the old wives tales said boy. I was right. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would have loved a little girl but just a few days before my ultra sound I just so was so certain that we were getting another little boy and I was right! Baby boy number two coming in December
  • Options
    I was team green my first pregnancy and swore I was having a boy... but I had a girl so I'm not even going to try to guess this time around lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I knew DD was a girl within a week of testing. I just felt it, and was right. we never really even had boy names for her because I was so sure. This time I had a strong feeling he was a boy, but not ad strong ad with DD, so we had girl names just in case. Though, I have to go I for a second A/S ultrasound because that couldn't see everything at my first one ( since it was at 17 weeks) and I had a dream lady night that he ended up a girl... so we will see. I hope he is a boy, because I have definitely become used to him being s boy, and already started buying stuff...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    With my first I wanted a girl, but from the first ultrasound at ~8 weeks had a sneaking suspicion that we were having a boy and I was right. It was actually very sweet when we found out. My husband's fist went straight into the air.

This time, I again wanted a girl but didn't really want to get my hopes up. But my mind kept referring to the baby as 'she.' Every time I'd tell my brain to shut up. But I was right again!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    I felt a strong instinct that it was a boy and I was right! :-)
    Married my best friend 7/2/11 - Furbaby born 7/9/11 and brought into our home 9/1/11

BFP#1:   2/2/13 ~ exact m/c date unknown but around 3/20 at 10 weeks ~ diagnosed with PMP ~ D&C on 4/5 ~ TTA for at least 1 year due to PMP ~ cleared to TTC 1/14

BFP#2:   2/7/14 ~ m/c 2/20/14 ~ possibly due to chemical pregnancy ~ TG no D&C is needed 

Surprise BFP#3:  4/4/14 ~ super duper extra happy (and nervous) about this one - EDD 12/9/14!!!

John Joseph was born on 12/12/14 at 7 lbs. 11 oz.  He is the most beautiful rainbow baby we could have wished for!

• Options
    I used to always say I wanted a boy but for some reason that all changed when I found out I was pregnant. All I kept seeing was girls and little girl stuff and overall just had a feeling that it was a girl. I was right and SO is ecstatic.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    With ds I had a feeling he was a boy all the way through and was right. I think this time we are having another boy but we are team green so I'll know if I'm right or not at the end of November lol x

Kieran born 21.1.10

Angel baby 1 lost 18.6.13

Angel baby 2 lost 30.10.13

• Options
    Silas1206Silas1206 member
    edited August 2014
    I thought boy immediately. I had a dream also that baby was a boy the night before my ultrasound. ultrasound at 15 weeks-tech told me it was a boy. Another ultrasound at 20 weeks and it was clear that it was a boy!
  • Options

Silas1206 said:

Please be careful not to use sex and gender interchangeably. There is a difference. It is an important difference to several ladies on the board. Yes... your medical professional might still use the term "gender" when referring to the sex but there is a difference. If you are unfamiliar with the difference please let us know and we can provide you a couple of resources.

Since I am on mobile it appears you are new, therefore, welcome and congrats.
    I wasn't aware that I shouldn't say that? I hear "gender" very often especially "gender scan". When I went at 15 weeks it was called a "gender scan" and not just from one medical professional so I'm a bit confused. Sorry if I offended anyone? Yes I am new here Ty for the congrats. Are you a member or do you run the bump?
  • Options
    DH thought girl, I thought boy. I kept liking boy names and couldn't connect with girl names. And kept thinking in male pronouns. We found out yesterday, it's a boy!

So, I won the 50/50 lottery ;) should have bought a lotto ticket...
    D14 November, because I am finally not on mobile, how I feel in 3rd tri:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RaeChay said:
    Not to offend but it's a 50/50 shot, so...I wouldn't exactly call it magic. Unless you think betting all black in roulette and winning is magic...
    A 50/50 shot is actually even better than betting black in roulette - you actually only have a probability of 18/38 of landing on black because of the green 0 and 00.  

Umm...I'm aware this is not related to the discussion; I just had a long discussion about this with my AP Stats summer kids today.  Here's a random bee!!  
    :bz
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"