March 2015 Moms
Options

Bragging about our SO's

Most of us are feeling like crap right about now, and it's easy for every little thing our SO does to get on our nerves. Let's take a moment to brag about the little things that they DO get right.

For example: I'm 5w3d(ish) and my morning sickness (read: all-day sickness) hit full force on Monday. I came home from work yesterday, and my DH had completely scrubbed and cleaned our bathroom. His words were "I know the only thing worse than puking is puking into a dirty toilet." He's definitely a keeper :)

Re: Bragging about our SO's

• Options
    jms627jms627 member
    Mine's been great, considering that it's taking all of my efforts to not morph into a raging b*tch (like PMS on all the steroids).  He's a keeper :)

***Siggy Warning - loss mentioned***

Pregnancy Ticker

*S15 Siggy January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance*

ME: 32   DH: 38

BFP#1 - 7/18/14; EDD 3/23/14; MMC 8/11/14 (passed naturally on 8/17/14)

BFP#2 - 12/29/14; EDD 9/10/15 *PLEASE BE OUR RAINBOW!*

• Options
     This morning when DH's alarm went off, he sleepily murmured "Snuggle?" and started spooning me.  This is pretty normal, but this morning he reached a hand around, patted my stomach, and then left his hand there.  Even though the baby is nowhere near that high yet, it was pretty stinking cute as I don't remember him ever touching my stomach during my last pregnancy except to feel DS kick or hiccup.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine hasn't been going completely out of his way with house work and stuff to help out, but he has been super sweet about asking me how I feel all the time, not pushing for sex, etc. He did the complete opposite with my first pregnancy. He helped out all the time with the house, but didn't ask very often how I was feeling and put the guilt trip on me when we didn't have a lot of sex in the first tri. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Kaylin Lanelle Born 9/2012
    Rylee Amelia due March 5, 2015

For SuzyQ

• Options
    Mine has been wonderful. He takes care of dinner every night, helps with DD when he gets home from work, and helps clean up if I wasn't able to get to it. And he never bitches about any of it. I think I'll keep him around ;)

• Options
    My spouse is really terrific.  I had a small fall this weekend while exercising and I could tell he was really worried.  He wants to go running with me now to "protect me" in case I fall again.  He always does the dishes and cleans..then again he did those things before I was pregnant!  He had the opportunity to attend a training in Seattle this fall and was worried I would be ok by myself.  I encouraged him to go, stating that it would be harder once the baby was born.
  • Options
    J is amazing and the best partner I could ask for. He grocery shops and cooks everyday. The days he isn't at home (he's OOT 1-2 nights a week), he leaves meals I just have to reheat. I try to help with the dishes, but it only takes one sigh while bent over the sink for him to send me to the couch. He got me fancy ginger beer, he has completely taken over pet, especially cat duty. I'm never letting him go.
  • Options
    Mine has been great so far, but he's pretty great in general...he does almost all of the cooking and  decent portion of housework. I'm lucky because he works from home and will be staying home with the baby so he is really involved! He has actually been adorable because this is our first and he has really wanted a child so gets all teary-eyed talking about it...pretty sweet :)
  • Options
    Mine has been helping out with DS during his middle of the night wake-ups, which he never really did before because I was nursing. I've been super exhausted so even helping a little bit has made a world of difference. Granted, he isn't used to waking up at night and has snapped at me a couple of times which results in some ugly waterworks the other night. But he's trying. Kinda?
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    @beckyj2013‌ mine either. He cleans every where else but never the bathroom. I'm too pukey to do it and it's getting nasty.
  • Options
    I think my spouse is kinda unusual about cleaning the bathroom...he has cleaning methods that he prefers to use and thinks he does a better job than me.  Actually, he IS more thorough than me so I have to agree with him.  He already talks about how he can watch the baby before work for me or help me carry the baby to the car (we live in an urban neighborhood).  He's always thinking of ways to contribute 100%.
  • Options
    My hubby made me homemade dole whip floats... one of the few things that even sounds yummy... and rubs my feet while watching tv. I am so waiting for him to stop... but loving that it hasn't yet!

imageimageimage
  • Options
    my husband is awesome. He does all sorts of little things. Example: went to the store the other day to grab milk and cereal since we were out; came back with those things and also a pint of red velvet cake ice cream because he knows it's my favorite. He also makes sure I always have a big glass of ice water within reach. And lets me sleep in a bit in the morning (he'll get up with our boys and get them ready, breakfast, whatever). And he just rocks. 
  • Options
    DH has been super mindful. Yesterday, knowing I needed more sleep, he silently quieted our alarm so we could get another hour instead of going to the gym in the morning. We went for a walk after work. I also had to work late and he made dinner. Bonus points yesterday for sure!
  • Options
    My husband has always been very sweet and takes good care of me. Now he's completely taken over the poop duty with our 3 cats and paper trained dog (we live in a loft). He doesn't let me carry anything, always washes the dishes, cooks most nights, grocery shops, gives me rubs and anything else I could ask for. He's super excited to make late night ice cream runs too lol. We weren't trying for a baby quite yet, but we were on the verge of starting to and this has just been the most adorable transformation to watch. Love him!!!
  • Options
    My DH rocks, too! My stomach was so upset last night. I wanted a plain salad and restaurant baked potato. My DH left the house at 9:30PM and went to a couple different places to get them for me. SO awesome.
    And yes, we have potatoes at the house, but I wanted a salty restaurant one! :@)

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    My BLOG: www.ivfbabyquest.wordpress.com -Update - old blog.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!
    Me: 42, Hubby: 35, TTC since Jan 2010. Dx: DOR due to advanced maternal age. Also: Hypothyroidism (100mcg Levothyroxin). Positive for MTHFR (hetero-C677T), Factor V Leiden, and Fragile X (on DH side). Taking pre-natal vitamins
    First natural PG 9/27/11; mc: 1/20/12

First RE visit: 8/8/12, Saline Sonogram: 8/28/12, IVF injection class: 10/11/12, add FaBB Tab for FVL, +Vitamin D.
    IVF #1: 10/17/12 Baseline: FSH- 9.4, E2- 24, LH- 3.7, Prog- 0.3 The u/s showed 6 follicles in my right  & 9 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 10/21/12: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning.
    ER 10/28/12: 13 Retreived. 7 Mature. 6 Fertilized. 5 Made it to PGS. ET 11/2/12: CANCELED. All 5 came back from PGS as having "severe abnormalities."
    IVF #2: 1/7/13 Baseline: FSH- 8.8, 4 follicles in my right & 6 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 1/11/13: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning. hCG Trigger 1/16/13

ER 1/18/13: 9 Retrieved. 5 Mature. 5 Fertilized. 2 Made it to PGS. ET 1/23/13: CANCELED. All embryos (he even sent the ones not growing) came back from PGS as having "multiple severe abnormalities."
    IVF #3:
    NEW RE! 3/1/13 Baseline: FSH- 9.6, E2- 61, Prog- 0.94, 3 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle& 150 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/7/13: Add Ganirelix SQ in AM. hCG Trigger 3/9/13 SQ.
    ER 3/11/13: 6R, 2M, 2F. Day 3: one 8 cell, grade 0.  Five day ET 3/16/13: one early blast, grade Fair. 3/24/13 AF came a day before beta. BFN

IVF #4: 
    (Added acupuncture to this cycle.) 3/25/13 WTF & Baseline: FSH-11.8, E2- 56, Prog- 0.84 3/26/13 Start stims. 3/30/13 u/s: 5 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 225 Bravelle& 225 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/31/13 Add Ganirelix SQ in AM.hCG Trigger 4/3/13 SQ.
    ER 4/5/13: 5R, 3M, 3F naturally. Day 3: two 8 cell, grade 0, one 8 cell, grade 2 (Scale 0-best to 3-worst). Five day ET 4/10/13: two blastocysts (the 3rd stopped growing.) Beta 4/18/13: 2.5 BFFN. RE recommends we stop trying and focus on living childless, due to the extremely poor quality of my eggs.
    ***Decided to stop trying and live CFNBC. I couldn't adjust. So, six months later...

IVF #5: Changed RE. Going to one of the big name clinics now. OWDU: 10/29/13. Update: HORRIBLE experience. Disgusted and distraught at their complete unprofessionalism and how much money and precious time they cost us. Sickening. Have now changed RE again. New Patient appt. 1/30/14.
    BFP! Out of nowhere, I got KU the old fashioned way! POAS 1/26/14 - Positive! FDLM 12/30/13. Beta #1 16dpo= 373. Beta #2 18dpo= 801. EDD 10/6/14
    2/4/14 1st U/S revealed a 5wk2day sac but no fetal pole. Started 200mgs of progesterone suppositories daily
    2/11/14 2nd U/S revealed a perfect 6wk1day "diamond ring" embryo with a beating heart! 138bpm! Add 1mg folic acid and 40mg Lovenox
    2/25/14 3rd U/S: perfect 8w1d embryo, 178bpm. 3/6 start spotting. 3/11 10w1d U/S shows no heartbeat. Scheduling D&C. The Stork has forsaken me again.
    IVF #5.2: New in-state RE. Supplement priming for 1.5 cycles prior to start of cycle, including DHEA 50mg (stopped 5/15), CoQ10 200mg 2x/day, L-Arginine- 1000mg 2x/day (stopped 6/5 due to cold sore!), myo-inositol- 2g 2x/day, melatonin- 3mg, and Neevo (prenatal for MTHFR).
    5/16/14 Day 2 bw cycle prior: FSH- 12.22, E2- 38.37, Prog- 1.35, LH- 9.46. 6/2/14 Day 19 bw: Prog- 23
    6/12/14 Baseline: E2- 122.7, Prog- 0.4. 5 follicles in left, 4 follicles in right. Start stims: 375IU Follistim & 150IU Menopur. 6/19 Increase Follistim to 425IU, Menopur still 150IU. 6/18 add Ganirelix. 6/23 Ovidrel trigger SQ. 6/25 ER: 8R, 8M, 5F naturally. Start Medrol & Doxy. 6/26 Start Endometrin. 7/2 Start Lovenox.
    7/8/14 Beta= 137.4 BFP!!! (My first from IVF!) E2- 1109, Prog- >60. Stop CoQ10, myo-inositol, and melatonin. 7/9 2nd Beta= 281.4. TSH- 2.70. Increasing Synthroid to 100mcg daily. 7/24 6w3d u/s measured 6w3d, hb: 121bmp! 8/5 8w1d u/s measured 8w3d, hb: 164bpm! Graduated from RE to OB. Now I just need to find an OB!
    EDD 3/18/15!

• Options
    @chucktgirl Ooooohhhhh baked potatoes. My last pregnancy I required baked potatoes. Not just wanted the, required them. 

Baked potato from a restaurant with salt, butter, and shredded cheddar cheese. I think we hit up Logan's at least once a week so I could get one. 
    Yes! You totally get it.

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    My BLOG: www.ivfbabyquest.wordpress.com -Update - old blog.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!
    Me: 42, Hubby: 35, TTC since Jan 2010. Dx: DOR due to advanced maternal age. Also: Hypothyroidism (100mcg Levothyroxin). Positive for MTHFR (hetero-C677T), Factor V Leiden, and Fragile X (on DH side). Taking pre-natal vitamins
    First natural PG 9/27/11; mc: 1/20/12

First RE visit: 8/8/12, Saline Sonogram: 8/28/12, IVF injection class: 10/11/12, add FaBB Tab for FVL, +Vitamin D.
    IVF #1: 10/17/12 Baseline: FSH- 9.4, E2- 24, LH- 3.7, Prog- 0.3 The u/s showed 6 follicles in my right  & 9 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 10/21/12: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning.
    ER 10/28/12: 13 Retreived. 7 Mature. 6 Fertilized. 5 Made it to PGS. ET 11/2/12: CANCELED. All 5 came back from PGS as having "severe abnormalities."
    IVF #2: 1/7/13 Baseline: FSH- 8.8, 4 follicles in my right & 6 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle & 150 Menopur SQ nightly. 1/11/13: Add Ganirelix SQ every morning. hCG Trigger 1/16/13

ER 1/18/13: 9 Retrieved. 5 Mature. 5 Fertilized. 2 Made it to PGS. ET 1/23/13: CANCELED. All embryos (he even sent the ones not growing) came back from PGS as having "multiple severe abnormalities."
    IVF #3:
    NEW RE! 3/1/13 Baseline: FSH- 9.6, E2- 61, Prog- 0.94, 3 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 150 Bravelle& 150 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/7/13: Add Ganirelix SQ in AM. hCG Trigger 3/9/13 SQ.
    ER 3/11/13: 6R, 2M, 2F. Day 3: one 8 cell, grade 0.  Five day ET 3/16/13: one early blast, grade Fair. 3/24/13 AF came a day before beta. BFN

IVF #4: 
    (Added acupuncture to this cycle.) 3/25/13 WTF & Baseline: FSH-11.8, E2- 56, Prog- 0.84 3/26/13 Start stims. 3/30/13 u/s: 5 follicles in my right & 4 in my left. Rx: 225 Bravelle& 225 Menopur SQ in PM. 3/31/13 Add Ganirelix SQ in AM.hCG Trigger 4/3/13 SQ.
    ER 4/5/13: 5R, 3M, 3F naturally. Day 3: two 8 cell, grade 0, one 8 cell, grade 2 (Scale 0-best to 3-worst). Five day ET 4/10/13: two blastocysts (the 3rd stopped growing.) Beta 4/18/13: 2.5 BFFN. RE recommends we stop trying and focus on living childless, due to the extremely poor quality of my eggs.
    ***Decided to stop trying and live CFNBC. I couldn't adjust. So, six months later...

IVF #5: Changed RE. Going to one of the big name clinics now. OWDU: 10/29/13. Update: HORRIBLE experience. Disgusted and distraught at their complete unprofessionalism and how much money and precious time they cost us. Sickening. Have now changed RE again. New Patient appt. 1/30/14.
    BFP! Out of nowhere, I got KU the old fashioned way! POAS 1/26/14 - Positive! FDLM 12/30/13. Beta #1 16dpo= 373. Beta #2 18dpo= 801. EDD 10/6/14
    2/4/14 1st U/S revealed a 5wk2day sac but no fetal pole. Started 200mgs of progesterone suppositories daily
    2/11/14 2nd U/S revealed a perfect 6wk1day "diamond ring" embryo with a beating heart! 138bpm! Add 1mg folic acid and 40mg Lovenox
    2/25/14 3rd U/S: perfect 8w1d embryo, 178bpm. 3/6 start spotting. 3/11 10w1d U/S shows no heartbeat. Scheduling D&C. The Stork has forsaken me again.
    IVF #5.2: New in-state RE. Supplement priming for 1.5 cycles prior to start of cycle, including DHEA 50mg (stopped 5/15), CoQ10 200mg 2x/day, L-Arginine- 1000mg 2x/day (stopped 6/5 due to cold sore!), myo-inositol- 2g 2x/day, melatonin- 3mg, and Neevo (prenatal for MTHFR).
    5/16/14 Day 2 bw cycle prior: FSH- 12.22, E2- 38.37, Prog- 1.35, LH- 9.46. 6/2/14 Day 19 bw: Prog- 23
    6/12/14 Baseline: E2- 122.7, Prog- 0.4. 5 follicles in left, 4 follicles in right. Start stims: 375IU Follistim & 150IU Menopur. 6/19 Increase Follistim to 425IU, Menopur still 150IU. 6/18 add Ganirelix. 6/23 Ovidrel trigger SQ. 6/25 ER: 8R, 8M, 5F naturally. Start Medrol & Doxy. 6/26 Start Endometrin. 7/2 Start Lovenox.
    7/8/14 Beta= 137.4 BFP!!! (My first from IVF!) E2- 1109, Prog- >60. Stop CoQ10, myo-inositol, and melatonin. 7/9 2nd Beta= 281.4. TSH- 2.70. Increasing Synthroid to 100mcg daily. 7/24 6w3d u/s measured 6w3d, hb: 121bmp! 8/5 8w1d u/s measured 8w3d, hb: 164bpm! Graduated from RE to OB. Now I just need to find an OB!
    EDD 3/18/15!

• Options
    Mine was home from work before I was, and when I came home he had cleaned the entire house spotless. Including the litter box. =D> He does many things that just let me know everyday he's my keeper. Love that man..
  • Options
    Mine is pretty perfect. He's already started talking to and kissing my stomach. It kind of weirds me out because I'm obviously not showing yet, and I've always been self conscious about my extra fluff. But I don't have the heart to tell him to stop, he might be more excited about this pregnancy than anybody right now. 

Also, we brought home groceries last night, and he made a big deal about not letting me carry anything inside. It was cute. 
    Baby A 
    EDD: March 15th, 2015 <3
    Aurelian Jameson or Ailey Rae 

• Options
    @chucktgirl Ooooohhhhh baked potatoes. My last pregnancy I required baked potatoes. Not just wanted them, required them. 

Baked potato from a restaurant with salt, butter, and shredded cheddar cheese. I think we hit up Logan's at least once a week so I could get one. 
    This is me RIGHT. NOW. All I want is baked or fried potatoes of some sort. French fries, baked potatoes, hash browns, doesn't matter what kind!

Also, my SO just got a new diet from his personal trainer, which requires me to cook a LOT of food. He has started offering to rub my feet for me because he can't cook and he knows how much of a toll it takes on me. I will give him kudos too, because he has been taking his raw sweet potatoes with him and baking them in the microwave (with my instructions of course). But at least he acknowledges how much work it is for me and is very appreciative of it!
  • Options
    Mine has been going to the store and cooking dinner. With VERY limited annoyance at me wanting to do absolutely nothing.

• Options
    Hubby just texted me to ask what I was craving so he could pick it up for me on his way home - how brave! Haha, lucky for him I am only craving grilled cheese and a box of kraft mac and cheese. ;)
  • Options
    LadylecLadylec member
    edited July 2014
    H has been pretty fantastic this time around. It took him a lot longer to realize how crappy I felt and how little I could do when I was pregnant with my son and it caused a lot of stress but this time around he is on the ball.

He has been doing a lot more housework and making sure I have some alone time every night to go to the gym or take a shower or paint my nails, whatever I want. He has also been more affectionate and cuddly. We haven't even had a tiny fight since we found out and we even had some spontaneous sex on the couch a few nights ago. Wow he sounds even better when I re-read this :)
  • Options
    Mine has been good when hes home. My husband works alot, which don't get me started on that. He has been trying harder, like cooking dinner when he is home on time. The sad part is the other night he made this wonderful dinner and the second I smelled it I immediately ran to the bathroom and threw up! The look on his face was awful. But I did apologize for being so miserable with all day nausea the other day and when I woke up for work the next morning there were flowers and a cute note. Made my day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo march_zps6c968eb7.png
    BFP! June 25, 2014        EDD: 3/4/15
    Married May 2011 
    Me 27 -- DH 31 
    Loving parents of 2 beautiful chihuahuas 
  • Options
    My husband has been pretty great too. He's always been helpful around the house but he's definitely stepped it up since we found out we're pregnant. He leaves for work earlier than I do so he makes me fresh fruit smoothies in the morning -- yum! He also spent a whole evening cleaning out the office which will become baby's room. I reminded him we still have lots of time but it was pretty cute how excited he was.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"