September 2014 Moms
Options

Outer crevix dilated?

Has anyone else been told there outer cervix is dilated but inner cervix us closed? If so what does that mean?

Re: Outer crevix dilated?

• Options
    Its good if your inner cervix is still closed. The outer dilation at this point doesn't mean much per speaking with my dr yesterday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    LTMamaLTMama member
    Mine is doing that. Doc said it's pretty normal once you've had a baby already, the outer cervix can stay a bit open. Not a problem, but ask your doc if you're concerned.

DD1, born 4/10/11 at 32 weeks
    Cooking #2 :)  Due 9/18/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    drae86drae86 member
    besides LTMama, are you all already getting checked? 

@LTMama, I'm glad you are out of the hospital and home with your family! hoping little man stays put for a few more weeks at least!! 
  • Options
    LTMama said:
    Mine is doing that. Doc said it's pretty normal once you've had a baby already, the outer cervix can stay a bit open. Not a problem, but ask your doc if you're concerned.
    ^wss

• Options
    LTMamaLTMama member
    @drae86, thanks!  It's good to be home :)

DD1, born 4/10/11 at 32 weeks
    Cooking #2 :)  Due 9/18/2014

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I did ask the midwife who told me but she didn't explain it. Just said it's an indicator for labor. Not why it happens or any details. Well I went into labor last night and am currently in L&D where they are trying to stop the contractions. I got a better explanation from the doctor
  • Options
    glad you got to speak to a doctor who explained it better.

• Options
    At 30w I was told my outer was dilated, my inner is closed. Dr said its normal in STM+ and as long as the inner is closed and cervix is long, it means no progress. The cervix is a long tube. The inner tube is where the baby is, outer towards the vag.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"