Baby Names
Options

GTKY Pet Names

2»

Re: GTKY Pet Names

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Our dog is a brown mini poodle named Rupert. DH found it on a dog name list and we just really liked it. I originally lobbied for Ace as an homage to the Gilmore Girls, but Rupert is so much better.

Growing up we had a series of cats creatively named Tom. ;)

• Options
    We have two dogs: Ramona Mae and Juno Fiona.

We have also had a dog named Takoda Jones and cats named: Penelope Danger, Oliver Pistachio (we called him Pistachio though), Tao, and Dharma.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not people names so much as trait names.

Skitty: a cat who was skittish about his head being pet.
    Rusti: cat with two little rust-colored spots on her head.
    Shadow: dog who followed us from room to room constantly.
    Rocky: tended to get mats in the fur of his stomach (long-haired).
    Obsidienne: little black kitten.
    Trash Cat/TC: little b*stard kept getting into the garbage.
    Tweak: complete and total spaz.

A14 Siggy Challenge (November): Favorite Fall Smell
  • Options
    I have a cat named tictac but he was already named from the shelter

and I also have a husky dog named Bjorn (my husband named him)
  • Options
    People names. We currently have dachshunds named Cassie (Cassandra Rose) and Toby, and a cat named Kyra. We have also had dogs named: Abbey, Winston, Mila & Roxy, cat named Whitney, snakes named George, Bailey, Chester, a rat named Penny and a bird Bella. We have had some non-human names, but they're not all typical pet names.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    We have two cats, Clementine and Mirabella. Before them we had a cat I let H name...he picked the name Paulina....

Needless to say I exercise veto power when we discuss baby names!

• Options
    My pets tend not to have human names with few exceptions. I enjoy getting to name them things like Gizmo and Miss Kitty and not have to worry about giving them elegant names.

• Options
    KaseMyLoveKaseMyLove member
    edited July 2014
    We have a dog named Jack. My 9 yr old named him. When he came up with Jack, I suggested Jax instead.. But he wasn't having it lol. His dad gave him a Siberian husky a couple of years ago(that he ended up giving away X( ). His name was Keen. We also have 3 platy fish named Lebron, Coby, and third has no name. Oh yeah, we have a frog named City. So I guess you can say there's a mix of human and non human.
    ETA Keen being given away still upsets me. I would have happily taken him.
  • Options

One of my friends has a ton of pets (considering 5 of them are horses, I'm probably not far off there)  The names I can remember are great:

Dogs: Toby, Hamish & Zorro

Cats: Kristina, Sasha (three more I can't think of at the moment)

Horses: Angel (Gah, I swear I remembered more of them before I started this post.  Damn preggo brain)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Our dog's name is Josie (Josephine Margaret). I have a feeling that our future pets will also have people names, mostly names that I like but are too trendy or popular or are GP names that I wouldn't use on a kid.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In my childhood we had Maxamillian and Millenium (max and millie), as well as Daicy (idk the middle) and Delilah Anberlyn, annddd since ive been with dh we have had Deyanira Belial, Layla, Samael Tyson, and Lilith Aurora(those are all snakes, big ones. Haha)
  • Options
    Male silver platinum schnauzer... D'Artagnan
    Female white schnauzer... Loki (cause shes bad lol)
    White beta fish ... Bob Gilbert Sinobian lol named by my daughter she deff likes people names
  • Options
    We have 3 cats:  Johnny, Lilly and Jasper and one dog:  Lola

I guess we go for people names, just never realized it.  

****SIGGY WARNING****

Hashimoto's with irregular cycles  DH- 37 Severe oligoasthenoteratozoospermia

TTC since May 2012

HSG- all clear

March 2014 - RE appt. 
    April 2014- Saline sono all's good, terrible SA results - 8 sperm found all abnormal
    May 2014- Fert Urology- Bilateral varicoceles, recommend Donor Sperm
    12/2014-  Surprise natural BFP  EDD 7/31/15 Plan:  Starting foster to adoption, natural cycles

• Options
    Brother cats:  Ovaltine Jenkins (Juice) and Cotton Headed Ninny Muggins (Cotton)

Dog: Rusty
    boring, but DH always wanted a brittany named Rusty, so that's what we got!

My aunt had a Jack Russell Terrier named Jack Russell. 
  • Options
    Funny story - I was named after a dog. sort of.

Before my time, my grandparents got a dog, and my mom wanted to name it Chelsea.  But my grandpa is half deaf, so he heard "Chessy"  ... So when I came along, she finally got to use her name!
  • Options
    Diesel... He's miniature dachshund
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"