TTC After a Loss
Options

»»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

BethKate2BethKate2 member
edited July 2014 in TTC After a Loss

***BFP WARNING BELOW PERSONAL MESSAGES***

The January Snowflakes check-in is for anyone who has had an EDD or a loss in January of any year. Feel free to join by introducing yourself and telling us your EDD or loss date.

January Snowflakes Badges:

https://i40.tinypic.com/29y2pme.jpg

https://i40.tinypic.com/156pzew.jpg

https://i39.tinypic.com/2hdbo61.jpg

»»»»»»»»»«««««««««»»»»»»»»»««««««««« 

July 22nd

Hi ladies! I hope you're all doing well this week!

»»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

LSS ☆☆ 1/4/13 @Poppy715  Addie♥ ☆☆ I hope all is well with you, lady! 

EDD ☆☆ 1/27/14 @BethKate2 ☆☆ Hi!

EDD ☆☆ 1/1/15 @CreechMommy ☆☆ I'm sorry you find yourself here, but welcome to the check-in.

EDD ☆☆ 1/5/15 @Amybunny30 ☆☆ Yay for your period!

EDD ☆☆ 1/8/15 @JellicalParker ☆☆ I saw that you mentioned that you think you ovulated last week. Are you using OPKs or anything or just basing it on CM?

EDD ☆☆ 1/10/15 @CFearsy ☆☆ You mentioned that your doctor didn't do any blood work at your appointment last week. If your period doesn't show up soon, will you have your betas checked again?

EDD ☆☆ 1/12/15 @rslh10 ☆☆ Sorry about your period showing up. :( What's your plan for this cycle?

EDD ☆☆ 1/12/15 @Lalalady54 ☆☆ Did you ever end up hearing back from your doctor about the bleeding?

EDD ☆☆  1/19/15 @paintdadanta ☆☆ I'm so sorry for your loss. Welcome to the check-in.

EDD ☆☆ 1/21/15 @GreenEyes842 ☆☆ Sorry about your period showing up. :( How's your cat?

EDD ☆☆ 1/22/15 @pinkglitterfly ☆☆  Sorry again that you have to be here, but welcome to the check-in. I saw your question about OPKs. I use wondfos from Amazon because they're so cheap. I use way too many every cycle to buy expensive ones!

EDD ☆☆ 1/23/15 @mrandmrsk91011 ☆☆ I'm sorry for your loss, but welcome to the check-in.

EDD ☆☆ 1/24/15 @jj32 ☆☆ I noticed you had spotting again. Do you think it's the start of your period? How long is your LP usually?

EDD ☆☆ 1/25/15 @ImJessesGirl ☆☆ Yay for getting a surgery date!

EDD ☆☆ 1/26/15 @mpiemont ☆☆ How was your doctor's appointment last week?

EDD ☆☆ 1/26/15 @MrsPhD83 ☆☆ I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the check-in.

EDD ☆☆ 1/30/15 @HoldingOutHope ☆☆ Are you going for your blood work tomorrow? Good luck! When is your phone consult with the RI?

****BFP WARNING****

Congrats,  @sunnydaysarehere!

TTC since July 2012 
BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

Re: »»»January ☆ Snowflakes«««

• Options
    rslh10rslh10 member
    Hey @bethkate2, I hope you're doing well!

My plan for this cycle is Clomid cd3-7, trigger after follie scan, and then TI. I probably will have to be on progesterone as well. My DH and I decided that this is my last medicated cycle with this OB. If I don't get a bfp this round, I'm making an appt with an RE and going from there. 

Nothing else to really report! I hope all of you ladies have a great week, and big hugs to everyone who needs them :D
  • Options
    Lalalady54Lalalady54 member
    edited July 2014
    Good morning lovely January ladies!! Thank you @BethKate2‌ for the check-in! I hope you are having a good week!

The reply I got was it was normal and my body would ovulate when it was ready. So I have been temping and I got that I O'd on cd12 so I am currently 5DPO, so now I will just wait to POAS sometime at the beginning of next week hopefully (if I can hold out that long-but we have family in town starting tomorrow till Sunday so I may be able to escape the HUGE desire to pee on a stick) I am not too hopeful since this cycle has been filled with minor bumps in the road- illnesses, weird work schedules.

**other pregnancies mentioned**

It's been a rough week for me with all sorts of FB announcements from friends due in Jan 15- I can't help but feel jealous, that was supposed to be me.

Hope everyone is well- I have a new job interview today but will be back this afternoon to check up on everyone! ((Hugs)) to everyone!

Edit: to add, I got all of my thrombophilia panel back and my lupus anti-coagulant blood work and all was negative!!! (Or normal) hooray.
    BFP #1-- 8-25-12, DD Born 5-1-13 
    BFP #2-- 5-6-14, MMC 6-13-14, D&C 6-13-14
    BFP #3 -- 8-26-14, EDD 5-10-15 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rslh10‌ good luck with your clomid!!

@HoldingOutHope‌ - that's interesting about the silent endo. I hope you get some answers. I don't have any good insight or advice for you but will be thinking about you as they figure things out!!! ((Hugs))

• Options

@rslh10, good luck this cycle, but if it doesn't work out, I think a RE is your best bet. I've only been working with mine for about a month, but their office is like a well-oiled machine when it comes to testing and treatments. It's so different from my experience with OBs.

@HoldingOutHope, good luck with all of the testing. I have no experience with SIS, so I'm not help there. That's really interesting about the thyroid issues and endo. I do have both. I hope you don't have to make the trip to see Dr. Braverman, but either way, I hope you're able to get some answers and plan!

@Lalalady54, I'm sorry you're having a rough week. I've seen a lot of FB announcements too. I'm glad to hear that your thrombophilia panel came back normal, and good luck with the interview today!

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Options

@Greeneyes842, glad your kitty seems to be doing better!

AFM, I'm doing ok. I haven't gotten all of my results back yet. All I know at this point is that my u/s was clear, my FSH and E2 were normal, my TSH was elevated, and my left tube may be blocked. I'm still waiting on several other blood tests and confirmation about my tube.

The nurse I spoke to last week told me to call on Wednesday if I haven't heard from them before then. Looking at the patient portal, no new results have been added, so I think they're still waiting to get things from the lab. I'm hoping to hear from them today, though, because I really want to make a consult appointment. My guess is that we're not going to start any treatment until my TSH levels are under control. I think I'll be going back in 4 weeks (3 now) to retest those levels.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Options

@mrandmrsk91011, I'm so sorry for your loss. Figuring out how to grieve after a pregnancy loss can be really tough because the people around you don't always know how to react. Best of luck to you as you move forward.

I'll add you to our list so that I don't forget next week.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    Hi girls- I just have a few minutes so I haven't gotten to read everyone else's responses yet but I promise I will later today.

I had my follow up appt on Friday with my OB and it went really well. She examined me and my cervix was closed and everything looked good. She has me taking some extra folic acid, said that next pregnancy if I want they will do an early "confirmation of pregnancy" visit at 6-8 weeks then the regular 1st appt at 9-10 weeks. Pathology from my D&C was "normal" and we didn't get genetic testing so there's really no more information than that. We are clear to TTC after AF arrives (which should be in less than 2 weeks). She didn't do bloodwork to check Hcg but I'm not concerned because I ovulated over the weekend (or yesterday)!!! WOOO HOOO. My OPK was + on Sat & Sun and my temp bumped this morning. I'm glad I was keeping track because now I have a general idea when to expect AF assuming everything is normal. FX a month from now I'll be starting the 2ww. It's 2 days shy of a month since I found out we lost the baby, and I'm starting to feel better emotionally. :)
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    DD due 5/9/15 Please be our
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options

@mpiemont, looking at your chart, I'd say that you could've ovulated yesterday. If your temp continues to rise, though, FF might give you CHs for today since your temp today is still a lot lower than your temps earlier this cycle. Either way, hopefully you're only about two weeks out from your period, and then you can start TTC again.

Also, if I were you, I'd probably ask to get in to see the doctor sooner than 6-8 weeks with your next pregnancy. Since you've already experienced a loss, it's not a bad idea to have your hcg and progesterone monitored right from the get-go with your next pregnancy.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    @rslh10 Good luck with this next cycle. It sounds like you have a good plan in place just in case you need it.

@holdingouthope Glad you're almost through your initial testing. I hope the results help figure out what's needed for you!

@lalalady54 It does seem like alot of January announcements are popping up and it stings. Hugs to you. FX for you on your 2ww.

@bethkate2 I hope you can get all of your results ASAP.

@greeneyes842 Glad kitty is doing better. Good luck with this cycle!!

@jj32 "Oh hello, AF" CD1 isn't fun but I'm glad you're on track.

@mrandmrsk91011 Welcome to the check-in. Make sure you take the time to take care of yourself. It can be hard when you're used to being the once caring for others. Hugs.
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I just introduced myself on the main board yesterday so though I'd make my way over here. My EDD was 01/19/15 but we were told that it was MMC on June 12. Long story short, I was given cytotec on three different occasions before doing an in-office D&C. I am still waiting on the bleeding to stop so that I can get back to AF and hopefully normal cycles. I don't have my follow-up appointment for another week and a half, but DH and I are hoping the OB will let us stick with our original plan of TTC after 1 cycle. I am still struggling to process everything but I take it one day at a time. If the physical aspect subsides soon then maybe it will become easier than it is right now. 

Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.

BFP #1 05/19/14, EDD 01/19/15, MMC 06/12/14 

BFP #2 10/10/14, EDD 06/19/15

• Options
    @bethkate2 - Sometimes I do think FF gets my O day wrong. Those temps from the beginning of this cycle were right after my D&C so everything was all over the place. I was thinking yesterday was O day too based on CM. By the end of the day yesterday it had definitely changed over. But like you said, either way hopefully AF is just a couple weeks out. Thanks for taking a look :)

And thanks for the advice on being seen sooner- maybe I will request it. I know that when/if I get a BFP I'm going to want any and all reassurance I can get.
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options

@paintdadanta, I'm so sorry for your loss and that it's been such a long, drawn-out process for you. Hopefully your body is able to regulate itself quickly and that your doctor gives you the "all clear" to ttc soon.

I'll add you to the list now so that I don't forget next week.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    Hello everyone! I'm still getting the swing of this all. I really don't have any exciting news this week just a little frustration. My SO is acting out of his norm. I'm starting to think that losing our baby is starting to sink in. We didn't have a chance as a couple to deal/talk about much after my D&C because he left for a week long trip 3 days after I had it. In fact he hasn't said much about it at all. I'm getting worried. Had anyone else experienced this or have any advise as to how I can get him to open up without prying and seeming naggy?
  • Options
    @pinkglitterfly, with my H, he cried with me immediately after the loss, but I think it was more about seeing me in pain than it was his own emotions about the loss. Within a few days, he started to act like nothing had happened. Honestly, in the last year, we've hardly talked about the loss at all. Everyone grieves differently, and for men, it seems like they handle these types of situations very differently than women do. If he's acting different than normal, I'd ask him if he wants to talk about how he's feeling, but I probably wouldn't push too hard.  

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    paintdadantapaintdadanta member
    edited July 2014
    @pinkglitterfly - My DH reacted similarly but because of his PTSD. Have you tried venting to him in general about how you are feeling about the loss? I know for me that sometimes if I start a conversation about it, he will open up for a little bit at least. Sometimes men just process differently than we do, which really sucks for us because we want to see that emotion. Keep trying, maybe time will help too.

Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.

BFP #1 05/19/14, EDD 01/19/15, MMC 06/12/14 

BFP #2 10/10/14, EDD 06/19/15

• Options
    @paintdadanta‌ so sorry to see you over here. I remember you from the J15 board. Hugs!

@BethKate2‌ I don't use OPKs at the moment. Check my CM every day though. DH doesn't like the idea of me peeing on more things all the time. But I do have a very consistent number of symptoms that help me correlate the two.
    As of this week, just waiting. I hate waiting, but it would be ridiculous for me to poas yet. In other news, I have officially been promoted to assistant manager at the dress shop I work at! :) Not much else going on here at the moment.

BabyFruit Ticker

image      image

• Options
    Lalalady54Lalalady54 member
    edited July 2014
    @pinkglitterfly I read this the other day and it made me put more of how my husband may be feeling into perspective --- Don't read if you are having a sad/bad day/month/year… I don't want anyone to be put in a bad emotional place :( 

It has a religious undertone and so I just want to put that out there before you read it.

@mpiemont Woohoooo for ovulating and woooohoooo for the hopeful quick return of AF!! I don't think FF is always right for me either, and this month has been a bear with temping because we have had a crazy few weeks and I have not been sleeping well. Here's hoping. 

@mrandmrsmark91011 FX you can start to TTC again soon!

@greeneyes842 I hope you have a nice visit with your family!! 

Ok now I am really going to my interview-- FX :) Hugs to you all!

EDIT: To put a warning about not reading the article if you are having a bad/sad day :( I don't want anyone to be triggered by it. 

• Options

@JellicalParker, congrats on the promotion!

@Amybunny30, I'd definitely want to sit down and have a chat with my H if he told me he wanted to wait until he felt like I was mentally healthy. You've been feeling better, so he must be able to see that. I wonder if he's having some hesitation about TTC again.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    @Amybunny30‌ I am sorry you and DH aren't on the same page with TTC right now, so many T&Ps headed your way. And my interview went great, I felt like I spent just as much time interviewing them. I need to send an email with my references as they requested my permission to check references, so I'm sure we are moving forward. Now to decide if it's really a job I want :)

• Options
    BethKate2 for encouraging me to intro here too! Quick summary: EDD: 1/26/15, MMC was discovered at 8.5wks on 6/18/14 (embryo measuring 6.5 weeks, no HB), D&C on 6/26/14. My EDD also happens to be DH's bday. At the beginning, when we realized our EDD was his bday, he played it off like he wanted the baby to have their own birthday. But a few days after our D&C he broke down crying and said he secretly had hoped they would share a birthday. Seeing him like that was the worst, and I'm a little wary of how his birthday will be for him next year.

But as far as an update, AF arrived today (my first since the D&C)! I have one more hCG blood draw on Monday. But my levels were 9 this past Monday, and my TV/US was finally clear (they were monitoring me for suspected retained tissue), so I'm  hoping to be at zero. My OB said once AF arrived that we were clear to start trying again. So, I guess this marks CD1! Things going through my head: relieved! happy! excited to start TTC again! but also worried and nervous that another loss could come from this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 31, DH: 30, Married July 2013
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP#1  5.17.14, EDD 1.26.15, MMC (measuring 6w3d at 8w3d), D&C 6.26.14
    BFP#2  9.19.14, EDD 5.29.15, AF on 9.23.14 CP
    BFP#3  12.17.14, EDD 8.25.15, AF on 12.21.14 CP#2

Current plan: TTC while waiting for RPL results to come back
    Stalk my ute

• Options
    @mrsphd83 yay for AF's return. I am waiting for her myself (my D&C was 6/27, I'm 5 DPO so hopefully in the next week or so). Will you track your cycle/temp/use OPKs at all?
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options

@MrsPhD83, I'm so sorry for your loss and that you find yourself here, but welcome to the check-in. I'll add you to the list now so that I don't forget next week.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    mpiemont, I didn't track this past cycle because I decided to give myself a break, although I do suspect that I ovulated because they could see a corpus luteum cyst (hemorrhagic actually) on my last TV/US. I just ordered myself a 50 pack of Wondfos, so I plan to OPK the hell out of this first cycle! I'm usually pretty lazy with temping though (e.g., I temp from around CD8 through 5 DPO). I saw you got a positive OPK and are waiting for AF. That's great! Good to know to expect her soon. I had no idea when mine would show and it started to drive me a little crazy in the last week or so. Do you plan to continue temping/OPKs?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• Options
    BethKate2, thanks for the welcome and for adding me! so glad you suggested joining this check in. i'm so sorry for your loss too.

Amybunny30, thanks for the warm welcome and i'm sorry for your loss too. i read somewhere that high hcg levels can make OPKs show up as positive too. but i'm glad to hear things finally normalized for you! GL with your new cycle!
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• Options
    @mrsphd83 Yeah- I will continue to temp and OPK like a crazy lady ;) I'm a bit obsessive/type A. My BFP in May that ended in loss was a surprise. We had originally planned to TTC after our vacation (next week) so we are technically back on track with our original timeline. I'm hoping and praying it won't take too long. Good luck to you!

@amybunny30 OPKs can actually be used as "pregnancy tests" when you're further along. I read that Hcg and LH are really similar and the OPK can dectect Hcg and give you what looks like a super duper + OPK. That's probably why they were all coming up + in the beginning (after your loss). Good to know if you're in a pinch and don't have a HPT! haha
    DS1 born 4/17/11
    DS2 born 2/22/13
    MMC 5/16/14@8w2d
    RAINBOW

imageimage
  • Options
    Hi ladies! Introducing myself on this board.  I had an EDD 1-1-15. m/c 6-1-14. We are officially trying again after I had my first AF post m/c a few weeks ago. Now I'm about a week through my tww and I'm trying to remain optimistic but realistic that this may not happen for a while.  

Hugs to all that are here

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @CreechMommy‌ first off i am so sorry for your loss. I am 9 days into my 2ww, so we are in a similar boat, I am dying to POAS, let's be strong together :)

• Options
    @Lalalady54 It is the hardest thing to do to not POAS lol.  With my last pregnancy, I used FRERs and I tested positive two days before AF was scheduled to arrive.  If I can make it 5 more days I'll be good!! lol

Ashleigh (26) and Darren (26)
    Married 8-10-13
    TTC since February 2014
    BFP #1 4-22-14  EDD 1-1-15
    8w u/s 5-22-14 Baby measuring 6w1d. Heartbeat detected
    Went to Dr. 5-30-14 due to bleeding. Prescribed progesterone
    Went to ER 6-1-14 2:30 AM - diagnosed with incomplete m/c
    6-6-14 natural m/c completed
    10-24-14 BFP #2 EDD 7-6-15 **Please** be our Rainbo

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                                                    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    CreechMommy, welcome to the board! I'm so sorry for your loss and wish you the best as you start TTC again.
    TTC since March 2014

Stalk my ute

• Options
    rslh10rslh10 member
    @CreechMommy‌ & @Lalalady54‌ stay strong!! Back away from the sticks! :D
  • Options
    @CreechMommy, I'm sorry your loss, but welcome to the check-in. I'll add your name to the list for this is week's check-in that will be posted tomorrow. If by chance you get a BFP between now and then, feel free to PM me to let me know.

TTC since July 2012 

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    @rslh10 I swear they put something inside those packages that makes me want one more than anything!! Thank god I gave my DH my frer to hold days ago until Thursday. (Which would be cd28 and my cycles are normally 24-26 days)--- is it Thursday yet? I think it's time for me to go jump on the crazy train...

• Options
    rslh10rslh10 member
    @rslh10 I swear they put something inside those packages that makes me want one more than anything!! Thank god I gave my DH my frer to hold days ago until Thursday. (Which would be cd28 and my cycles are normally 24-26 days)--- is it Thursday yet? I think it's time for me to go jump on the crazy train...
    *goes to CT thread to search for your crazy*

=))
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"