Pregnant after IF
Options

How did you announce? Or....did you announce?

I'm struggling with if/how to announce this pregnancy on Facebook.  I'm not a big "face booker" (I had a bad habit of drinking and posting - now that I don't drink - I never post anything - no judging).  

I would like to share the news with people who I knew at former jobs, etc - the "B-list" so to speak.  A picture was posted of me this past weekend with an obvious bump.  I have been reluctant to ever say anything due to the numerous people I am friends with who have also struggled with IF and aren't as lucky as we are.  On the other hand - I want to scream it from the rooftops.  

Either way - people will figure it out if there are pictures posted - but I would like to be the one to announce it.  (DH doesn't have FB - GENIUS!!)

Any suggestions - or what/how did you post to be sensitive to those who are struggling with IF and to inform the rest?  I want to address the struggle but be upbeat and elated in the post.  I'm not announcing a damn thing until I figure out what you ladies think. 

Any and all suggestions appreciated.  I was hoping to announce after we find out the sex on Friday.  NT scan was today and all was well - so I am FINALLY feeling that this is actually a *real* pregnancy.  

Thanks ladies!  

***Siggy Warning***

Me: 35 DH: 34 
TTC since May 2012 
Unexplained Infertility
IUI#1 October 2013-  58m post wash - BFN
IUI#2 November 2013- 39m post wash - BFN
IUI#3 January 2014- 33m post wash - BFN
IVF #1 March 2014- 23R/18F/ZERO Frosties - BFN 
IVF #2 May 2014 - 17R/14F/1 frozen pea (2-8 cell 10% fragmentation day 3) BFP
Beta #1 77.7 (13dp3dt) 
Beta #2 307 (17dp3dt)
Beta #3 695 (19dp3dt)
Beta #4 2232 (23dp3dt)

1 Beautiful Baby - EDD 1/28/15

**All Are Welcome**

Re: How did you announce? Or....did you announce?

• Options
    Yeah, I'm 21 weeks on Wed and haven't said anything... We had the anatomy scan today which was great so I think we are going to post this week. I'm working on the wording bc I want to acknowledge that we needed a ton of help and that these babies are miracles in our eyes.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    I didn't announce on Facebook at all. We first told family, then a little later close friends, then after the 12 week mark we told the others we wanted to know (the B list people, as you said). I made a list of those we actually cared that they know and then contacted them either through FB Message (not a post), email or phone call. We had a wide range of people on that list, some of whom were on FB, others not. And some we thought deserved more the phone call.  All we said was that we struggled on and off for years and then got help from doctors and have a baby on the way. If they asked more detail and it was someone I was comfortable with, I opened up and told them more. I also asked everyone to please NOT post anything about it on FB because I have co-workers on there and I wasn't ready to tell work yet. Thankfully they all respected that.  

Now that it's been months since we told everyone, I still don't post anything on FB about being pregnant and there aren't any pics of me out there. If there were, at this point I wouldn't care, because the people I really wanted to know, already know.
    Me:41  DH: 46 high count but poor motility & morphology
    TTC on and off since 2005

July 2012: Infertility tests started at OB/Gyn, HSG and HSN all clear
    Sept 2012: IUI #1 w/Clomid - BFN
    Oct 2012: IUI #2 w/Clomid - cancelled due to cyst
    Nov 2012: IUI #3 w/Clomid - BFN
    Break to move and find new PCP, OB/Gyn & RE
    Sept 2013: first appt with RE
    Nov / Dec 2013: IVF #1 with ICSI split
      Dec 6: Retrieval, 4 retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized
      Dec 11: Transferred 1 (Day 5)
      Dec 30:  HCG Beta, 4980. BFP!
     1 little bean!
    EDD: August 28 30 2014
    LO Arrived! August 31 2014

All Welcome!

image image
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our FB announcement was basically this: "We are thrilled to be expecting our miracle daughter (in early September) after 7 months of infertility treatments. We recognize that our journey has been shorter than most, and we are grateful. Those still on the journey are in our thoughts and prayers. And we are happy to share details with anyone who wants to know more."

This thread might be useful: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/82635609
    Me: 37 | DH: 38 | Married 9/2012, low AMH, high FSH
    First-ever BFP after IUI #4 (Follistim) - Baby Girl born (36w2d) 8/8/2014!
    TTC #2 since Feb 2015
    BFP 5/4/15
  • Options
    Thanks ladies - great previous thread.  I appreciate your input.  

***Siggy Warning***

Me: 35 DH: 34 
    TTC since May 2012 
    Unexplained Infertility
    IUI#1 October 2013-  58m post wash - BFN
    IUI#2 November 2013- 39m post wash - BFN
    IUI#3 January 2014- 33m post wash - BFN
    IVF #1 March 2014- 23R/18F/ZERO Frosties - BFN 
    IVF #2 May 2014 - 17R/14F/1 frozen pea (2-8 cell 10% fragmentation day 3) BFP
    Beta #1 77.7 (13dp3dt) 
    Beta #2 307 (17dp3dt)
    Beta #3 695 (19dp3dt)
    Beta #4 2232 (23dp3dt)

1 Beautiful Baby - EDD 1/28/15

**All Are Welcome**
  • Options
    Haha!  I had the exact same thing happen!  A picture someone posted with my belly hanging out for all to see.  I'm not a big FB poster at all, so I had DH do the post.  He just wrote "It's been a tough journey, but sandollar and I are excited to announce we are expecting a baby boy in December.  Guard dogs anxiously awaiting duty... with a pic of my dogs "guarding" the front door.  My closest friends and family know all about our struggles, but I'm not a very public person, so I didn't want to go into much detail.  I've had a few people say that they appreciated the post and while it was happy, it acknowledged the journey.
    SIGGY WARINING

Me: 32 | He: 35
    TTC since Sept 2011
    DX: Unexplained
    1st round of clomid: Jan 2013 BFP - M/C 8 weeks
    surprise BFP Apr 2013 - M/C 9 weeks
    IUI #1 clomid Jul 2013 = BFN
    IUI #2 clomid Aug 2013 = BFN
    IUI #3 injects Oct 2013 = BFN
    IUI #4 injects Dec 2013 = BFN
    IVF #1 March 2014 - 12R/12F, one perfect day 5 blast transferred
    BFP!! Beta#1 = 431 Beta#2 = 914 Beta#3 = 2207

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    If it was up to DH we would have announced already (I'm 17 weeks).  I'm just not comfortable with it yet.  If he MUST post I want him to wait until 24 weeks.  I'm worried about getting tagged in photos when I look preg. Now I don't so its not a big deal but I'm sure in the next few weeks there will be some sort of a bump.

GL with your post and good for you including your journey in it.   
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • Options
    We haven't announced publicly yet - starting last week we started to tell a few of our closest friends when we saw them (in certain outfits it is starting to get obvious - and even one of my best friend's DH commented more than anything my boobs are getting huge - she is 5 mos w their 2nd and now notices these things plus he is like a brother so it wasn't weird or offensive)

We have asked our parents / siblings to hold off on any announcements until after our appt at the start of week 15.  

In terms of a public / broad FB announcement - I am not sure... I actually 'locked' my FB wall so no one can post on it (I have several young cousins and relatives overseas who wouldn't realize we haven't told everyone yet and post something).  I also have started culling down my FB list to actual friends.  Eventually I am sure there will be a pic of me/bump on FB but hoping I can get to 20+ weeks before that happens.

Our close friends all know we have been trying for years and have gone through IVF.  Unless my parents said something, relatives do not - and culturally I am sure a lot of them will say - it's about time, etc... which I am dreading but will only share with those I am comfortable with.  I am not embarrassed by it - but I have found I have gotten some really personal questions - and even my closest friends and BIL have joked/made comments about how I would be octomom - which I find rude since really, that isn't the way IVF works. 

Sorry for the long ramble on this.  GOOD LUCK with whatever you decide... it is different for everyone.
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

A little late on the post, but we won't be publically announcing. I have spent many years being heartbroken when seeing pregnancy announcements and I'd hate to be the person who does that to someone else. Plus, the people that we want to know (friends and family) have already been told.

I figure that as I get further along, there will be pictures of me posted and I'm okay with that. I'm not trying to keep it a secret, I'm just trying to be sensitive, as I know of quite a few people I'm friends with on fb that are still trying and have been for a few years.

Plus, I'm really anxious with this pregnancy. DH and I are both pretty on edge with this pregnancy and really won't be comfortable until the baby is here. So, this probably plays into us not wanting to post, as well.

BabyFruit Ticker

ttc #2 since 2004 Me (35): Stage 3 Endo, DH (34): High DNA Frag

IVF/ICSI #2: April 2014: BFP!!!!!!

ET of 2 great quality embryos. + BFP on 9dp5dt. Beta #1 (10dp5dt): 257, Beta #2 (14dp5dt): 1561,

Beta #3 (21dp5d5): 8,172. Wow. It seems this is actually working. Shocked beyond belief.

1st u/s @6w5d: Baby A hb 124, Baby B hb 127 (Both measuring perfectly!)

Lost baby A. Praying that baby B stays healthy. Baby B hb 175 at 11 weeks

It's a GIRL!!!

imageimageimage

My Blog

• Options
    I announced yesterday, at 33 weeks... I said...
    Howard and I are ready to make this Facebook official... After medical intervention, and a lot of prayers and tears, we are excited to be expecting a son in early September. We are so hopeful that our infertility journey will have a happy ending and our thoughts are with those still on the journey. We also want to say a HUGE thank you to those who have been there for us every step of the way.

I wanted to mention the IF because I was hoping to not be a source of sadness for people going through it, but rather a source of hope. Ultimately, I knew we'd post something after he's born and there are a lot of people, including family, that didn't even know we were pregnant, so I didn't want the baby pic to come out of nowhere! 
    Me (31) - PCOS with insulin resistance

4 rounds of Clomid = no response
    IVF # 1 - ET (1 3AA, 4 frosties): 12/22 = BFP
    EDD: 9/9/2014

• Options
    dp21dp21 member
    We will be announcing soon, I'm 16 weeks today, probably right after anatomy scan at 19 weeks.  We got professional photos done last Monday.  We are going all out since this may be our one and only pregnancy, not going to let IF stop me from enjoying this!!!  We got a sneak peak photo of our announcement and I love it, can't wait to get the rest!  All of our close friends and immediate family know our struggles (have a locked blog and they have known all along, every step of the journey from betas/to bleeding scares/to pictures of me taking my injections/pictures from transfer and retrieval etc.).  We don't plan on coming out about IF on fb (with my 600 friends, accumulated after a decade on fb), just plan to post announcement pictures around 19 weeks and we are sending out postcards to people we are close to.  Can't wait to get our announcement postcards together!  We never did anything like this for our wedding or anything (got a free photographer off craigslist!/did invitation via email lol), so it's exciting for me to do something fun for once and something nice for ourselves.  We deserve this after everything we went through to get here! 

Me:
    30, DH: 32
    My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
    • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
    • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
    •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
    • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
    • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• Options
    SKLHSKLH member
    I have zero intention of "announcing" it. If people see pictures I've been tagged to that's okay but otherwise, I have been heartbroken over 100 times seeing in your face pregnancy announcements and I just can't get myself to do one. Strangly, I don't even feel like I'm missing out on anything lol I just don't feel like it's the "thing" for me to do. I'm also one that feels like if people are close enough, I'll talk to them. If not, they're not close enough for me to share something so special with. I'd venture to say 80% of my fb list is not "close" enough for me to share something so special with.
    Me (28) DH (32)  Endometriosis                                                                                   IVF  #1 (1/2013) - 17 Retrieved, 16 Mature, 14 Fertilized- 2 transferred- BFN
    FET #1 (7/2013) - 2 embryos - BFN
    FET #2 (9/2013) - 2 emrbyos - BFN
    New RE. Fresh Start
    IVF  #2 (2/2014) - 25 Retrieved, 19 Mature, 16 Fertilized, 9 blasts.
                                 CGH Testing: 6 Normal
    FET #3 (4/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 35 Beta #2: 16 :(
    FET #4 (5/2014) -1 embryo -  BFP! Beta#1: 321!!! Beta #2: 727.9!
    6/5/2014 Heartbeat! 144bpm It's a girl!
    Due January!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"