May 2014 Moms
Options

cloth diapering check-in

2»

Re: cloth diapering check-in

• Options
    We're loving our cloth diapers! DH and even MIL are much better at how to fold the prefolds and the whole diaper change. Anytime we have LO in sposies for a whole day she breaks out. But as soon as she's back in CD she's great and rash goes away fast. We only use coconut oil on her bum and tide free n clear for washing. About every two weeks I hang them out in the sun to bleach out. So far no major problems! Hopefully it stays that way! We had a blow out or two until we switched to a new fold and now no problems at all with that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    Bumping this really old thread to say that I'm a convert for good ol' regular Tide.

I initially was using ECOS.  I thought the coconut in that made things smell funny, so I switched to Tide based on all the references I'd seen, but I was a dummy and used Tide Free & Clear liquid.  So once I realized that mistake, I switched to Country Save powder.  I stripped several times and was still having to use bleach every 2 weeks to eliminate barnyard.   I finally switched to powdered Tide Ultra (the original)  and things are finally going well.  It's been about a month I think and things are still smelling fresh.   Thanks again for all the suggestions!   How are things going for everyone else?
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"