February 2015 Moms
Options

Toothache... Help!!!!! UPDATE

rchamaarchamaa member
edited July 2014 in February 2015 Moms
Hi.. I've had a horrible tooth ache since yesterday and it seems to be getting worse. I was reading this could be due to hormones?? Does anyone have this problem and if so can you recommend any natural remedies? I've already tried warm water and salt. I would normally take ibuphrophen but I was reading it can be harmful to the baby. I am almost 8 weeks now. I am taking extra strength Tylenol every 3 hours!! The pain is so bad (and I can usually handle pain) and it's not causing me not to be able to swallow. My other teeth in my mouth are starting to hurt. Could it be wisdom teeth? Infection? Ahhh.. Trying to get in to see my dentist in the morning. Wish me luck!

Rose (5:43 am can't sleep and in pain!!)

Re: Toothache... Help!!!!! UPDATE

• Options
    I'd call your dentist. Hope you feel better soon.
    J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When you see your dentist make sure to tell them you are pregnant! Also you will have to take extra care of your teeth and gums during pregnancy. My dentist has me come in for a total of 3 cleanings during my pregnancy to help keep everything nice and healthy. Good luck!
    TTC 31\2 years
    20 medicated cycles of some kind, 8 failed IUIs (every med combo possible) 
    5/14/14 IVF # 1, 6dp5dt BFP,  
    Betas 8dp5dt- 67, 14dp -670, 17dp -1761, 20dp-4858, 27dp-28,800
    6/11/14 6w3d Twins!!! - EDD Feb 1st

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your guns can bleed more easily because if hormones, but you wouldn't get a toothache from that. Hope your dentist can see you soon!
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I ended up having to get a tooth extracted before I found out I was pregnant. I was in the worst pain. Definitely go to the dentist but let them know you're pregnant!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I'm trying to get in to see my dr today. Just trying to find out what I can do for the pain in the meantime!
  • Options
    Tylenol is really your only option until you see the dentist.  It doesn't sound like it's doing much for the pain.  Hopefully you find some relief soon!  Pregnancy hormones do not cause toothaches.  They can cause your body to react more aggressively to plague which could turn in to gingivitis or even periodontitis.  This can cause pain but not the kind you are describing.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The NP at my OB's practice said one of the worst things you can do during pregnancy is not take care of your teeth. She said the risk of preterm delivery increases a lot with poor oral health.

I have extremely sensitive and bleeding gums especially during pregnancy despite flossing and brushing 2x a day. If you are experiencing a toothache, I'd be worried about infection which can be very very bad. 

Long story short- Get Your Teeth Taken Care Of No Matter What 

Good luck!
  • Options
    I have had a tooth break with every pregnancy. Its excruciating!

I do have a natural home remedy that helps relieve the pain until you can get to the dentist. It probably wont work well with morning sickness (both of my issues were 2nd tri). Take a clove of garlic, peel it and place it on the tooth and bite down. It doesn't eliminate the pain for the long run but can minimize it until you can get to the dentist.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    So it turns out the pain is caused by my wisdom tooth coming in. I also have an infection. This couldn't have come at a worse time. I'm waiting to visit the ortho this afternoon on next steps. Thanks for the advice ladies. Be well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"