May 2014 Moms
Options

Tummy Time

I am having a hard time getting DS to have Tummy time on a flat surface.  On my chest, he will lift his head and turn it around.  If I put him on his tummy on a blanket, he falls asleep. Every time.   Should I be concerned about this?  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tummy Time

• Options
    Nah. It's a harder surface and it's actually harder for them. DS doesn't fall asleep but he gets frustrated fast but loves to push up on my chest. Try putting them on a mattress or a soft blanket (supervise!) And it might be easier. DS is more tolerant of his mat when it's squished. He's very particular ;)

Good luck!
  • Options
    Agree with @florassecret‌ , my LO loves tummy time on my chest or the boppy but is bored/exhausted by TT on a harder flatter surface.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mcnavamcnava member
    I haven't tried it on the boppy! I will next time!     
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I wish I could put LO to sleep that quickly :)  How about stimulating him while he's down?  I always get down there on the ground with a toy or something else to stimulated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cnbeancnbean member
    I've always started doing tummy time on my chest and as they get older move to a harder surface. DS is almost 9 wks and its only been in the last week or so that he has been lifting his head up when he's on the floor.
    image    image

• Options
    I'm having a hard time too. He will control his head on my chest and in the bjorn when I wear him, but on the floor he just kicks his legs a bunch. He doesn't even try on the floor. I'll try the boppy suggestion also.

Mrs. B's Ovulation Chart
    TTC Baby B since 10/2012
    BFP#1 12/27/12 II TWIN GIRLS II D&C 2/15/13 TRAP sequence

Clomid + TI + Acupuncture x 2 cycles

BFP#2 9/5/13 II EDD 5/16/14 II Beckett Ryan born May 10, 2014

• Options
    DD falls asleep during TT on the floor too. Our pedi says that's fine since the primary goal of TT is to take pressure off the skull to avoid deformities, not build neck strength, and babies get plenty of neck exercise in other ways throughout the day.

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"