1st Trimester
Options

1st tri FAQs

In an effort to help out new members and reduce some of the repetitive questions, lets compile a list of FAQs.  Feel free to add anything you think should be covered and I will do my best to either edit this post or create a new one that will remain pinned.

imageimage
2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

Re: 1st tri FAQs

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I might also add in a bit about the whole "OMG it must be twins!!!!" posts since that comes up fairly often. Or just link what we have on the multiples board.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options

If you are bleeding or cramping it could be a couple different things.

1. Normal

2. A miscarriage.  Only an OB can confirm this, we cannot.  Please do not rush to the ER or UC for this.  Keep an eye on it, and call your OB and make an appointment to go in.  

if it is a m/c we are sorry.  It sucks.  But know it wasn't your fault and there isn't anything anyone can do to stop it. 

**SIde Note- the only time it is appropriate to visit an ER for this is if you are soaking through a pad an hour.  

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Another FAQ: How can I deal with my morning sickness? When will it go away?
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Options

There are several ways to deal with morning sickness.
    - constantly keeping small meals in your stomach.
    - anything ginger.
    - a diet high in protein.
    Everyone has their special cure. Some may work really well. Some may not. In some cases, nothing works. If you feel like you are vomiting excessively within a 24 hour period and cannot keep anything down, please CALL YOUR OB! Dehydration is serious!

Your OB can:
    - prescribe you anti nausea medication to help control your vomiting/nausea.
    - provide you with additional tips on what to eat or drink when and if you can.
    - provide you with better access and care through a hospital.

As far as when your morning sickness will end, there is no magical date. Some find it will diminish when 2nd tri starts and others can go straight up through delivery. It can disappear for weeks and suddenly return later with a vengeance.
  • Options

There are several ways to deal with morning sickness.
    - constantly keeping small meals in your stomach.
    - anything ginger.
    - a diet high in protein.
    Everyone has their special cure. Some may work really well. Some may not. In some cases, nothing works.
    Also know that what works for one woman, may be completely the opposite for you.
    Best wishes!
  • Options
    wenmattwenmatt member
    edited June 2014
    I love this feed! I'm brand new to this site, I literally just joined about 2 hours ago. According to the calculator I'm 7 weeks along (although I thought I was 5) so I have a lot of catching up to do on my checklist! One thing on my checklist is BUDGET. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I'm trying to figure the delivery costs and I know it's different for everyone.. How much does it actually cost to have the baby (after insurance covers what it covers) ?
     Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    wenmatt said:

I love this feed! I'm brand new to this site, I literally just joined about 2 hours ago. According to the calculator I'm 7 weeks along (although I thought I was 5) so I have a lot of catching up to do on my checklist! One thing on my checklist is BUDGET. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I'm trying to figure the delivery costs and I know it's different for everyone.. How much does it actually cost to have the baby (after insurance covers what it covers) ?

The cost will depend greatly on your insurance coverage. Your deductible and OOP max should give you a good number to plan on.
    J13 May Siggy Challenge: People lacking in common sense raise my blood pressure.

imageimage
    DD 8/11 | DS1 7/13 | DS2 7/13
  • Options
    Forgive me if this has already been answered, but is there a typical time that physical changes occur? Such as an enlarged nose, swollen feet, etc.? I'm assuming these things would occur later (especially the swollen feet), if they do, but I've seen some information suggesting they occur right after conception. I know it probably varies from person to person, just wondering when I might expect these changes should they occur. 

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Any advice for wheening off and/or taking anti-depressants while pregnant?
  • Options
    MaebbMaebb member

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but is there a typical time that physical changes occur? Such as an enlarged nose, swollen feet, etc.? I'm assuming these things would occur later (especially the swollen feet), if they do, but I've seen some information suggesting they occur right after conception. I know it probably varies from person to person, just wondering when I might expect these changes should they occur. 

Thanks so much!
    @christenld‌, this is different for everyone. I never got swollen or enlarged feet or nose, and I never had to take off my wedding ring. Some people do - I think most often in 3rd tri?

My boobs never really got bigger (sad face), but for some people that starts in 1st tri. For me, I started showing where I could notice it around 14 weeks and where strangers could notice it around 24 weeks, but everyone is different with that too.
  • Options
    mlueders said:
    Any advice for wheening off and/or taking anti-depressants while pregnant?
    I weened off antidepressants before we got pregnant. I had been on Wellbutrin XL for 8 years. There are some antidepressants, which i believe are SSRI's, which are approved to take during pregnancy. But every doctor will always say that the best case scenario is to be completely off of them.

The best thing to do is to talk with your psychiatrist/pschologist and truely evaluate where you are in terms of your mental health. Have you been stable for a long time or have you had ups and downs? If its the latter, than your doctor may suggest taking one of the approved medications during pregnancy. If you have nee stable then he may start you on a ween and see how you do on lower dosages. Explore your options, but if you are planning on TTC, have a game plan in place so that your not forced into a decision after you find out that you are pregnant.

• Options
    Though you have to admit, the hard stuff tastes much better.  Angry Orchard, Woodchuck and Woodpecker, see you in 9 months, you will be missed.
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    MrsMuq said:

Some people may have the stupidest questions, but they lean towards other people for advice. This is the rudest group of people. You were all probably the same way when you got pregnant. I just cant believe how you would jump down peoples throats like this!

Okay. ::pats newbie on the head::

Most of the stupid questions and the snark/sarcasm that follows them would be avoided 90% of the time if newbies like yourself would a) exercise some common sense, and b) pick up a pregnancy book to read instead of running to the interwebz for instant gratification.

I agree this post is helpful. I was just stating that when any "new" person joins and ask a question it... omg could we answer this one more time today? Everyone has questions and we dont deserve to be told were stupid. We all come here for advice and to me it seems like no one wants to answer a question nicely. I just felt that people would read this post and people needed to know that the newer girls feel pushed away.

• Options
    Why did it take so long for someone to make this??? Although it leaves me wondering what will be left for some of these ladies to post ;)

Started TTC Nov. 2011 

1st clomid cycle June 2012- No response :: HSG August 2012- Left tube blocked, right tube clear :: 2nd clomid cycle Aug. 2012 BFN :: 3rd clomid cycle Sept. 2012 :: BFP Sept 30th :: DS born 6/15/13 :: BFP #2 7/29/14 M/C 8/5/14 :: BFP#3 10/20/14 DD born 7/1/2015 :: Applied to be surrogate April '17 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for IFs Dec. '17 :: Surro Babe born 9/11/18 :: Started 2nd Journey May '19 :: Transferred 1 Embryo for new IFs 9/24/19 :: HB 138 at 6w6d

• Options
    Don't get me wrong Red headed ass or baker whichever it is. If you post another comment like that making fun or trying to start something. .I.will be more then capable of finishing it. What ashame that people look for support and this is what you get...Delete
    LOL @realprinzess32  Good lord, nice try.  You were looking to stir the pot with your initial post. Nice touch on waiting a few days before you started posting with your AI.  
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong Red headed ass or baker whichever it is. If you post another comment like that making fun or trying to start something. .I.will be more then capable of finishing it. What ashame that people look for support and this is what you get...Delete

=))
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Okay can we all stay focused on what's important? Let's take a step back and enough with the rude sarcastic remarks. This is a stressful time for all mom's and we all need to pull together and make the best of it.
    For me, I am expecting my first child if all goes well April 2015. I am 7 weeks along and can't seem to find anything to ease my nauseousness. I spend a lot of time if I'm not working laying down. Does anyone else feel like this?
  • Options
    What pregnancy apps are the best?
  • Options
    I gave up coffee, because prior to getting pregnant I was drink 4+ cups a day, in addition to countless cups of unsweetened iced tea. I stoppedmy coffee all together because drinking decaf is like going fishing with no bait, pointless. I also cut down on my iced tea intake. I have been craving sour things like lemonade, orange juice, and water. I miss coffee.
  • Options
    ilovemybobilovemybob member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    snflowr14snflowr14 member
    edited September 2014
    1) I would like to add a recommended book: "Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn: The Complete Guide" (4th ed). It is a very useful piece about thinking ahead and being responsible. It does not help with what symptoms you should have at any given week etc (for which I would recommend "The Girlfriends' Guide to Pregnancy" and "Great Expectations"), but it does tell you to do things you may not have thought about early on, like estimating your out of pocket expenses and putting it down in an FSA, what genetic testing you want to have, etc...
    2) If you are concerned about whether your baby is developing fine or if you are miscarrying (e.g., because you are bleeding, you lost symptoms, or just because you are a worrywart), do not POAS! It does not tell you anything. HPTs detect low levels of bHCG (that you have around 9-14dpo), and one you reach about 5 weeks or so, your HCG is so high that even if your pregnancy was not viable or development was slow, the test would keep showing positive. HCG also takes about 2 days to drop by half, so by the time you get a negative test you would already have other, more clear indications that you lost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"