May 2014 Moms
Options

Bed sharing.

After a lot of struggling with LO sleeping, acid reflux and colic. We have ended up bed sharing it's going on 3 weeks. And recently She's gotten to the point where she won't even take naps with out me laying next to her (I'm hoping it's cause of the 6 week growth spurt) it's gotten to the point where I have to listen to her scream and cry just so I can go to the bathroom, shower, and wash bottles. We have a PnP next to our bed, we've tried the swing and a rnp. Everytime I set her down she wakes up immediately. I don't feel comfortable putting her in her nursery over night because it's on the oppisite side of the house.

I was wondering if anyone has advise on how to transition out of our bed. When should we try? How?

BabyName Ticker

Re: Bed sharing.

• Options
    We will bed share till 2 months then straight to crib.with DD 1 we rolled a baby blanket up on each side of her so she felt like someone was there.she didnt roll at the time,and we kept away from her head.eventually shed sleep without the blankets.we are gonna try the same this time.
  • Options
    DD wouldn't sleep anywhere she couldn't see us either. We had a large firm cushion she slept on (like a couch cushion) for 2 weeks so she was face to face with us in bed and could feel our breath then we got an in bed co sleeper and we just transitioned her co sleeper inside the pnp and it's going well. She hates being swaddled so she likes the close feeling of the co sleeper and I feel much better having her safe and close. Eventually we will remove the co sleeper and transition her to the pnp then her crib in her nursery.
    We have this one:

https://m.target.com/p/the-first-years-close-and-secure-sleeper/-/A-530166?ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001&AFID=google_pla_df&LNM=530166&CPNG=Baby&kpid=530166&LID=9pgs&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=530166&gclid=CJTJ5ubj7r4CFTBk7AodLDIAQQ
    Married 5/5/12 ~ Miscarried @ 6wks 7/1/13 ~ Has Pacemaker ~ Due May 7th
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wish I has advice for you but I'm a FTM. Baby sleeps in his PNP most of the night but we bed share after his early morning feeding (5am) because he refuses to go down again. It's the only way to get in our extra 2 hours. I keep trying to put him in the PNP but like clockwork he refuses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Wish I has advice for you but I'm a FTM. Baby sleeps in his PNP most of the night but we bed share after his early morning feeding (5am) because he refuses to go down again. It's the only way to get in our extra 2 hours. I keep trying to put him in the PNP but like clockwork he refuses.

This is exactly us. Most of his sleeping "shifts" I can get him into his bassinet beside the bed, but after his 4 am feeding (which usually takes until 5 am) he is too awake and unsettled to move back to the bassinet. So he sleeps on top of me or on a receiving blanket spread out between my husband and I and we just sacrifice a lot of our bed space and use of our comforter for a couple more hours of sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    When Fluff Mail Arrives:
  • Options
    We're the same. He sleeps well in his RNP he even goes back to it awake after his 3:00 am feeding, but by his 6:00 am feeding he wants nothing but bed with Mommy. My husband hates it, it makes him so nervous but I need the sleep...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"